SleepDog’s Sour OG, Sherbert Kush & Bubba Kush: Soilless Grow Journal 2019

My lights are about 22” from the closest buds and about as high as I can get it. It is at least 6-8 inches higher than it was. I’m pretty sure the issue is calmag deficiency due to the fact I was using hard tap water to start and didn’t even consider the calcium and magnesium, then started using filtered water and didn’t up the cal & mag. Here she is today after a full feeding yesterday and lights raised.
F9B76EE8-AFCB-46EF-A048-8ED6634A4617.jpeg
5A70B7BE-80AB-4350-8FEE-4B72A813A1B2.jpeg
55AE475B-FB3C-4C6E-BB39-323A82FDE2BF.jpeg
@Orlando Scout, sorry to bother you man, I see you were interested in this grow earlier and was wondering if you could please have a look at these pics and give me your thoughts and perhaps anyone else that may be able to have a wee look. She is at day 32 after switch to 12/12.
Cheers man.

I am on my second day away from my girls and miss them terribly already. Lol. My caretaker once again dropped the ball and forgot to send me pics yesterday to see if my deficiency issue was being corrected after a good shot of nutes and then an extra dose of Calmax. I was actually more worried it may be in lockout and I may be doing more damage than good for her and not being there to take the necessary steps.
Thankfully pics came this morning as lights were being turned on and I may just be telling myself this to feel good about the situation, but, I do believe She is looking a bit more of a healthier green than she was. I do notice what looks to be more like a K deficiency by the way those fan leaves are yellowing.
FB22547B-9DC2-4245-8363-C2567EBA3056.png
3A1CEC69-C38D-495A-9F0E-542EE6006095.png
C07C38A9-2326-46FE-B755-C45D0B3B6BD8.png
C16E2F81-6FDB-4043-9F76-15BF7A8CF4BC.png
1D037A0A-70C0-40E9-88F5-AD4D819775AF.png
A54933AE-2491-438E-8E1D-2198F9D9D936.png

I know the blurple lighting doesn’t show anything important about health but they looked cool so I threw them in there.

That's awesome!:bravo:
Thanks @Mj76 I appreciate your input helping get this dialed in.

I am just wondering if I should just do a calmag shot with water today or tomorrow and then feed her again on Monday when I have a chance to mix it up myself.
This is the soil moisture after putting 2 Gal of calmax water in my 7 Gal Geopot Monday.
2A53F405-127C-4C51-A608-9B95828AC3FF.png

You're very welcome bro. Here comes some more input. when you're using your little meter, pick up the pot every time to get a "feel" for when to water. After a while, a quick pickup will tell you everything you need to know.
Moisture management in flower is a crucial skill to learn. Too wet and the roots suffocate. Too little moisture and you get deficiencies. Remember that wherever the soil is dry, nutrient uptake stops. With your extra perlite and geopots, over watering is much less likely.
Is this next one a scheduled feed or water day? And was it feed feed water that you settled on?

I had decided on feed feed water. But I was thinking of starting that the first day of week 6 if it started to turn around which it did. I had noticed Several of the small leaves in the popcorn undergrowth were starting to claw a bit, so I wanted to give the roots a bit more time to rebound from the massive drought it had about 2 weeks ago plus the heavier feeding afterwards.
I am usually good on the water situation, the problem is my caretaker just follows instructions (most of the time, lol) and is impossible to teach this to. Also, My bad, I should have been getting a better idea of where the meter is when checking by weight and feel. This way I would have a better way of deciding when to give the orders. Lol.
I guess I just don’t want to dry the roots out again and have the same issue, or overwater and kill the rejuvenating root system by drowning it or bt nutrient overload.
One last thing, it has now gone feed, feed, water. All three with calmax. I left tap water with a bit of calmax for the caretaker to use but I can use just ph’d tap water that is sitting as well.

The leaves on this Sour OG have been getting a little lighter with some purple starting in veins. So I am thinking I am not giving her enough, or maybe it has lost some of its strength. Either way it has to be doing something or I don’t believe it would have come this far looking as good as she does.
Plants are looking good and I'm jumping on for the ride as well! Funny, I just recently went to some commercial grows in Denver and both growers said that this was their "desert island" strain. Meaning, if they had to choose just one for the rest of their lives, that would be the one for ease, quality, and production. Happy growing:lot-o-toke::420:

Well if it's feed time then feed her. Easy on the cal mag.

I gave her a feeding. The caretaker was able to get things mixed up for me. I am sure the ph will be down a bit from 6.7-6.8 that I left it at after nutes were added but a little fluctuation may be good right now I figured. We will just have to wait and see again, and a one and a two and a.

I am so bad at making decisions, a lot of the time I get it right but shit, it takes for ever. Thanks again for being that little voice in my head saying do it already!

I had the caretaker send Some pics of the short ladies to see how the Sour OG feeding from yesterday afternoon worked out. I know she was thirsty, the moisture gauge went from 1 to 4 after getting 2 Gal and sitting for 5 hrs. So last night she got another gallon of tap water ph’d to fully moisten and move the nutrients everywhere. Here She is and I don’t think I will have any problems going with the “feed, feed, water” at full strength on chart.
EAA8CEED-E39C-4621-89DF-AFFD599E05C6.png
BE61860A-568A-49E4-8E7C-4FB258016864.png
79E224B7-8A2D-49A5-A6E2-D9A91C26D4F6.png
E98CA280-4E66-46B1-B028-59E771B62719.png

Their feed schedule is, like most companies, strong bordering on toxic. Using their entire line, for that to be successful you'd need the most nute hungry indica ever, maximum par (1300 micromoles per sq meter) plus co2. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. Well maybe a little. :lot-o-toke:

Their feed schedule is, like most companies, strong bordering on toxic. Using their entire line, for that to be successful you'd need the most nute hungry indica ever, maximum par (1300 micromoles per sq meter) plus co2. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. Well maybe a little. :lot-o-toke:
Wrong side of the schedule my bad.
Here is what I hope to believe is the correct schedule I should be on. Lol. base 3 with massive, Liquid weight, and Terpinator.
23C65B21-C326-44A5-AB7D-B54C8988D75E.png

Back
Top Bottom