Slow growth spider mite issue

I have sprayed Neem more times than I want to think of. Cannot say that it has ever caused a problem. I believe that we see something happening to our plants and we feel that it was caused by what we just did when it really is something that has been happening for days or weeks.

The small plants in the photo were sprayed with Neem on Tuesday and they got enough on both sides of the leaves that the liquid was dripping off. So far no burning of the leaves. All of the plants are clones of various ages. The one plant from the photo the other day is in the back on the left side.

Clones-20210225_104310-b.jpg
They were already cloned off someone else and were rooted in jiffy’s, I put into 1.5 litre pots & they were fine , detonation noticed really harshly after neem sprays . Attached a pic of day one

7A8A7027-1068-4F5F-8B3F-4590A6D3CC89.jpeg

You say "wash up liquid"? When using a liquid soap as a surfactant to dissolve the oil, only plant based soaps with zero dyes or perfumes should be used.

I use Ecos (free&clear) with my neem. Dr. Bonner's castille soap (no dyes or perfumes) is another option.

You say "wash up liquid"? When using a liquid soap as a surfactant to dissolve the oil, only plant based soaps with zero dyes or perfumes should be used.

I use Ecos (free&clear) with my neem. Dr. Bonner's castille soap (no dyes or perfumes) is another option.
Yes, if the soap is to strong the chemicals that get put into it can be enough to burn the leaf edges.

I’ve been using fairy washing up liquid, I’m in the UK, any recommend brands I could pick up? Is it just pure liquid soap I’m after?

You're looking in the right direction. @Reave just said he uses baby soap (lavender). He says "zero issues" (paraphrased).

Maybe if the perfume itself is plant based it is okay?

I would go for the 2nd.

One of the issues I think happened is the coco pebbles plants were smaller clones and not well rooted into their new containers so between the Neem and the lights you’ve got some damaging leaf burn. You gotta triage a plant like and slow it down, lower temps, back the lights off, make sure it’s well dried by using a fan on low setting, fight the critters and then a week later if she’s responding well you can go back to running full speed ahead

tuck this one under your hat.... Emergency protocol I know @Patient Puffer will dig this

Heard off the guy I got the cuts off that spider mite was found so I checked mine and found 1 so I didn’t want to let them get any worse! & my rh when I have new cuttings is always around 70-90, never had any issues, usually seems like my babies love it, just this time the spider mites god damn
Young plants love high humidity. Would try to keep it 70% tops though. Anymore then that your at a high risk for powdery mildew. Spidermites do hate humidity and tend to like dry and hot environments. But anytime over the last 10yrs of growing if I find those spidermite bastards, I don't care how far into veg my plants are I reset. Everything goes in the trash that I can't scrub clean. Goodluck

Young plants love high humidity. Would try to keep it 70% tops though. Anymore then that your at a high risk for powdery mildew. Spidermites do hate humidity and tend to like dry and hot environments. But anytime over the last 10yrs of growing if I find those spidermite bastards, I don't care how far into veg my plants are I reset. Everything goes in the trash that I can't scrub clean. Goodluck
Wasted 2 weeks on these bastards thought I can keep going but I’ll probably throw em out and crack some seeds. Got a cleaning regiment for me? What product do you use pal

Back
Top Bottom