Slow growth spider mite issue

I know I just wanted to get a quick flip in before the summer, but if these die or fail on me that is my plan and was my plan for the next time, as waiting around for people for ages to eventually have been given infested cuttings is a complete waste of time! But definitely that is my plan, seeds, u recommend any good breeders/banks

I know I just wanted to get a quick flip in before the summer, but if these die or fail on me that is my plan and was my plan for the next time, as waiting around for people for ages to eventually have been given infested cuttings is a complete waste of time! But definitely that is my plan, seeds, u recommend any good breeders/banks
If you have a look at our sponsors there are a ton of great seed deals.

Update, didn’t use the neem last night, waiting for new green growth, going to transplant into bigger pots today! Leaves are browning and dying off I believe this is due to the neem bleaching as I sprayed in light the first day like an idiot! But I’m just hoping and holding on for that new green growth!!

A97BFA59-3688-4E36-A47D-B16199C7270B.jpeg

81426280-8B4B-4F02-99D4-C5574C8C6875.jpeg

98BE274A-BEBE-4098-9E1E-195E392A6F4B.jpeg

56973015-D09C-4253-B3F3-B4B0F31E289A.jpeg

Will they come back to life and give me some green if I put my effort in and take care of it or are they done from now...
I don't see a terribly bright future for those babies my friend. I'm sorry. I've battled mites before inside, didn’t end well. They are hands down the biggest problem i have encountered. I have a dump pile behind the shed there has to be 30 full grown girls pots soil,just chucked everything and started from scratch again twice. So I don't hold out a lot of hope. o_O

I don't see a terribly bright future for those babies my friend. I'm sorry. I've battled mites before inside, didn’t end well. They are hands down the biggest problem i have encountered. I have a dump pile behind the shed there has to be 30 full grown girls pots soil,just chucked everything and started from scratch again twice. So I don't hold out a lot of hope. o_O
So sad god damn, so you think it isn’t worth me wasting all my coco and transplanting them? I haven’t seen any mites for a while now, maybe the neem helped, I did catch em quiet early to be honest

So sad god damn, so you think it isn’t worth me wasting all my coco and transplanting them? I haven’t seen any mites for a while now, maybe the neem helped, I did catch em quiet early to be honest
I thought I had them beat a couple times then eggs would hatch and I was back in same boat. I want to tell you everything will be ok but experience tells me otherwise. Maby you got them i can't tell for sure ,they are small enough that you can cover whole girl properly. I'd hedge my bets and have a few seeds ready to go.

I thought I had them beat a couple times then eggs would hatch and I was back in same boat. I want to tell you everything will be ok but experience tells me otherwise. Maby you got them i can't tell for sure ,they are small enough that you can cover whole girl properly. I'd hedge my bets and have a few seeds ready to go.
Gonna buy some seeds now as we speak! And what do you mean by cover the whole girl properly? I still haven’t tried the dunking method, I am laying off the neem now for at least 2/3 days. & if you’ve ever heard do you recommend Barneys farm or dank genetics

Gonna buy some seeds now as we speak! And what do you mean by cover the whole girl properly? I still haven’t tried the dunking method, I am laying off the neem now for at least 2/3 days. & if you’ve ever heard do you recommend Barneys farm or dank genetics
What i ment was a big girl is hard to spray entire plant top and bottom. Where as a clone is easier to cover entire surface area. So you get all bugs. Then 2 days later to get anything that hatched . I don't have any experience with barneys farm sorry. We have a lot of seed sponsors that provide great products and follow up. Im not sure where you are but id try the more local suppliers, just for timing.

What i ment was a big girl is hard to spray entire plant top and bottom. Where as a clone is easier to cover entire surface area. So you get all bugs. Then 2 days later to get anything that hatched . I don't have any experience with barneys farm sorry. We have a lot of seed sponsors that provide great products and follow up. Im not sure where you are but id try the more local suppliers, just for timing.
Oh okay awesome I get it, & I meant any good breeders then?

Barnys Farms , Ace seeds. There are lots of good breeders depends what you want.

what are younfeeding those girls they look hungry and overwatered potentially. They could easily come back if you got rid of those mites. Should have seen my first grow plant was down to nubs. Ended up being my biggest.

can you describe the medium and feed schedule and what feed.

Edit: Went back and found some of what I was looking for. So how much you been feeding and what ph?

Barnys Farms , Ace seeds. There are lots of good breeders depends what you want.

what are younfeeding those girls they look hungry and overwatered potentially. They could easily come back if you got rid of those mites. Should have seen my first grow plant was down to nubs. Ended up being my biggest.

can you describe the medium and feed schedule and what feed.

Edit: Went back and found some of what I was looking for. So how much you been feeding and what ph?

they are in small pots around 5cm I’m sure that’s about 1-2 litres , I’ve been given em around 300-500ml per day, I flood the medium and then flood again. PH 5.5-5.9. Canna a and b, Rhizotonic calmag, some Epsom salt

& any good barneys strains u recommend? Stable .

Oh man hazeluv69 I feel your pain! I'm in love with a strain that just attracts the spider mites like nobody's business called Pieburt (Dutch Pipe Weed). They typically focus on her, but don't mind relocating to some of my other strains if need be. Endless low level spotty flair ups throughout my grow. I have those exact clones!

My main issue is I am usually responding to my discovery of them, not remembering to be proactive once I've got it pretty much in check, because I am really just a old lazy stoner at heart. I use neem oil in a pump sprayer which always works but must be reapplied regularly which I don't do nearly enough. I reuse my soil I imagine that's a big part of it also, we have unhatched eggs everywhere I'm afraid mate, we either start from scratch or step up our preventative game!

If need be I use it without hesitation, but you will be told not to use neem in flower. It's totally organic and I have first hand confirmation that it does not add taste to the bud. Local "expert" growers with the knowledge it was used, fully expecting (and I suspect hoping) to smell and taste neem oil on my bud could not detect it. I've recieved more than one "huh" apon that revelation.

Here's a bit of encouragement for you...you'll get good weed still if you can keep the bug riot down even on late flowering plants. Slower, less than you should and pretty ugly but still doable as long as you are on it enough to keep it to a minimum. And as you deal with them over time, you mitigate your damages better, you get better results. CHeers, and good luck! :yahoo:

It's totally organic and I have first hand confirmation that it does not add taste to the bud.
I am with PBass on this as well. I have used Neem up to a few weeks before harvest with no ill effects. No flavor and no CHS (presumed allergy to Neem treated herb)

@Pbass ill try my best! I am also a lazy stoner but gotta get off my arse! Lol but I’ve ordered some dank sherbert seeds just incase , this is my last time buying clones . I am going to be proactive and keep staying with the neem but I am laying off it as it had Clesrly hurt my babies, I gave around a teaspoon of neem to 1 litre of water and a few drops of washing up liquid fairy until the neem was dissolved. I will use it again in 2 days time, just waiting to see some green growth damn! Awesome reply though love to learn others detailed views aha!

Yes so I shall re pot them into some larger fabric pots as soon as?

& regarding the spraying I sprayed last night lights off and will do the same again today , & what do you mean by several ounces u mean the amount l actually spray onto the plants or the amount of neem I mix into my spray mixture ?

I will thoroughly spray them tonight and for the rest of this cycle, I have attached pictures, the neem had burnt up the leaves and they are looking terrible but I am keeping hope and carrying on as usual.
Do not transplant them into a larger pot unless they are 'autoflower' and you are putting them into their final pot. At least that is what I have been reading about 'autoflowers'. If they are 'photoperiod' plants then I might be tempted to transplant them into smaller pots because it could be easier to control the moisture level. Since you are in coco you are on your own with transplanting but I still think it would be a bad idea since the leaf damage makes me think it is a root problem. Did the cuttings have roots when you picked them up or were you supposed to handle that part of growing?

The "several ounces" comment is about the amount of spray mix you would need to have ready for a spraying session. About 4 to 6 ounces would be what I would figure for the plants there based on their size. @013 brings it up a lot about mixing up just the amount needed to not waste anything. Most Neem Oil bottles recommend not keeping the mixed stuff around for more than a day. I have mixed and sprayed in the afternoon or evening and if anything is left I used it up the next morning but after about 24 to 36 hours any leftover Neem mix gets sprayed on the walls of the veg cabinet or on the zippers of the tent or any surface that a mite could crawl around on.

Over the past 3 plus years I have sprayed in the sunlight and under lights and I have never noticed anything happening to the leaves so I do not figure that the Neem Oil spray caused the leaf burn, etc. That damage to those leaves really does look like something is happening with the root system. I have a tough time getting clones to root most of the season. The basement just cools off to much during the winter and it slows down the plant growth.including getting the cuttings to grow roots.

Starting some new seeds while trying to save the clones is a fun learning experience especially when the small plants recover and start growing. Good luck.

@Pbass ill try my best! I am also a lazy stoner but gotta get off my arse! Lol but I’ve ordered some dank sherbert seeds just incase , this is my last time buying clones . I am going to be proactive and keep staying with the neem but I am laying off it as it had Clesrly hurt my babies, I gave around a teaspoon of neem to 1 litre of water and a few drops of washing up liquid fairy until the neem was dissolved. I will use it again in 2 days time, just waiting to see some green growth damn! Awesome reply though love to learn others detailed views aha!
I have sprayed Neem more times than I want to think of. Cannot say that it has ever caused a problem. I believe that we see something happening to our plants and we feel that it was caused by what we just did when it really is something that has been happening for days or weeks.

The small plants in the photo were sprayed with Neem on Tuesday and they got enough on both sides of the leaves that the liquid was dripping off. So far no burning of the leaves. All of the plants are clones of various ages. The one plant from the photo the other day is in the back on the left side.

Clones-20210225_104310-b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom