Slowlearner's First Indoor Grow: LED, Soil, Seeds

i have been thinking about how I could use the fan leafs to help the plant,and thought the opposite of why growers remove them.If the shade slows growth, why not train them over faster growing cola sites to maintain an even growth rate?
With that in mind, I dug in.
I'm glad I did. As a result of my LST training. They have very heavy leaf layers, and moisture was pooling where ever the fan leaves touched. A problem for sure.
So I un-tucked all leaves on everyone, and added another fan to the room for circulation.
But I'm thinking now about the future.
I decided at the start to not remove leafs, but remain true LST only. I'm thinking now this was a rookie mis- calculation. I can't see how I can maintain the under-canopy without developing fungus issues.
Any advice?

i have been thinking about how I could use the fan leafs to help the plant,and thought the opposite of why growers remove them.If the shade slows growth, why not train them over faster growing cola sites to maintain an even growth rate?
With that in mind, I dug in.
I'm glad I did. As a result of my LST training. They have very heavy leaf layers, and moisture was pooling where ever the fan leaves touched. A problem for sure.
So I un-tucked all leaves on everyone, and added another fan to the room for circulation.
But I'm thinking now about the future.
I decided at the start to not remove leafs, but remain true LST only. I'm thinking now this was a rookie mis- calculation. I can'y see how I can maintain the under-canopy without developing fungus issues.
Any advice?
I'd just remove the fans that are in the way. It's not going to hurt anything. Only going to help. Just my opinion

Feel free to post pics, I'd love to see them.
I'm a stubborn SOB. Which equates to slowlearner :)
I'm quite lit at the moment, But I have a plan in mind. I'll sleep on it tonight.
:peacetwo:
Lights are out now . I'll post after I get off work tomorrow. Today is day 3 since flip. So tomorrow will be day 4. They haven't really grown that much upward. But continue to get wider . I'm thinking about buying a 2' X2 tent to throw the incredible bulk in. So the 2 grizzly purple can have some more room.

hey slow. i agree with res. leave your outside fans but open up the middle where your buds are going to form. let your girls stretch up a little so the fans air can get under for circulation. only drawback with lst is you get a very compact plant that can get prone to mildew. i defol a week or so before i flip, then again at 3 weeks into bud. also clip any fans that are cutting light to buds throughout the budding process. doesnt slow them down at all. my 2 cents.

As is often the case, I see I once again pushed things too hard. My refusal to cut a leaf and my lst technique were producing a ton of future problems.

100_6802_2_.jpg

They looked pretty from above.

100_6797_2_.jpg

But lead to this, despite two fans hitting them fairly hard.

100_6801_2_.jpg

I found them. I bought a 20ish dollar one a bit ago, but now I'm a little nervous that it's not going to give me a proper reading.

Subbed also from Maine also started an indoor grow I'm torn between lst topping and just letting them go so lately I've been doing all three minus the topping that's next week

Back
Top Bottom