Small Backyard Garden With Various Strains & Methods & More

Here is a better view of the white widow auto growing outside. It finished six weeks and started flowering right on schedule with the indoor ones. The plant in the 5g pot is WW also, three weeks younger. Behind the WWs are the clones, which are getting bigger than I expected due to uncharacteristic steady pleasant weather. The WW is at 32 inches high.

Damn, spending my days chilling and growing in a place like yours is my idea of heaven! :thumb:

Here's a grasshopper, destroyer of nations, that I found yesterday. That convinced me the time had come for a light spray of insecticidal soap and neem. I don't like to spray neem even during preflower so this is about the last chance. The fires get only soap because flowers.

I hope it will help with the yellow spot, too, as I am still pulling about 10 leaves a day out. It is not listed as one of the fungi it will suppress. It's been sprayed with bacillus subtillus and potassium bicarbonate repeatedly and a couple day ago a compost tea drench so that hopefully will keep it quiet.

This isn't much of a problem, grasshoppers do not last long in our yard with all the birds. There's a pair of nesting robins in one of the trees that pretty much own the yard. But you can really see how much damage these things can do so quickly. About a third of that big leaf is gone and took that in a couple bite.

Thanks for the ID manindirt. It might have been a katydid before, but now it's a katydont. It don't do nothing no more, I squished it.

So, we are one lunar month since summer solstice. We get 14.5 hours of sunlight today and there was over a minute less daylight than yesterday. Plants get that, and they're showing the signs.
They're super bushy, and still got the yellow spot. So I needed to spread them out and clean out a lot of foliage.
Here they are this morning

Here's the chemdog. It needs to be opened up and has the worst of the septoria.
IMG_018259.JPG

The fire og is flowering. It is a very dank plant that has been in preflower since June. I worry about its density but it smells wonderful at this point.

Here's the outdoor white widow outflower, in ground week 7, 5g pot week 4. For reference the stakes on the WW are about 40 inches tall.

Still fighting this septoria. Here is a typical leaf. Every morning I pull about 50 like this. I need to spray to kill any active spores before I adjust the stakes and thin out the leaves. I don't want to handle the plants and spread it too much.

Here's how it looks on the plant. You might just think it is light and shadow.

Here's what I have been spraying with, in daily rotation and various mixes.

Two Tbsp of potassium, plus a tsp Serenade, a pinch of recharge, and a tsp 4-4-4 in a gallon, bubbled for a few hours

Everything is growing pretty well. Great weather here, amazing.

Here is the WW auto in front, some defoliation to expose the buds. It gets big fluffy fan leaves.
Behind it is a fire og and on the left is the tangie. The tangie is showing a bit of sativa and growing nicely. It's spindly but filling in. Behind it more FOg. Behind everything is some chia, which I heard was good companion plants, as the garlic, onion and sage.

White widow auto, week 8 I think.

I removed all the tomatoes I had growing because they had septoria. I am sure that is where the fungus came in. Definitely more under control. Those are poor companion plants, I won't plant those again.

Chem dogs, with some netting I am putting on.

The Fire Og are pretty dense.

It became clear that the plant with the worst septoria needed to go. It was not recovering and even if it did the yield would be small. It isn't worth the risk of spreading spores to other plants, or even overstressing and herm.

You can see how stressed the little one on the left is.

I have some more graphic photos of the damage but it's too gruesome to post.

The yellow spots turn brown and I was watching it spread almost before my eyes. I would trim dozens of leaves off, then hours later there were dozens more.

It's gone now. The little tangie in back will get good sun, and the bigger chem dog is happy to have the room. There is some amount of the fungus on the others but hopefully under control.

Here are the white widow autos. The large one is 60 days. The smaller one is 45 days.

I manipulated the big one a lot, topped it and seemed to get a lot of lateral growth. Also have been defoling it somewhat aggressively. There are a lot of exposed buds, lets see if I get some nice buds or a bowl of popcorn. I think I should have topped it at an earlier age.

The smaller one is in 5g felt pot and I have not trimmed it or trained it in any way. It started flowering much younger than the other. This plant was heat stressed as a seedling and it is in container vs planting bed.

IMG_022258.JPG

The big one is about 3 feet tall and wide.

Two together.

The smaller one is flowering also.

Back
Top Bottom