Smoking etiquette!

Is is proper etiquette to....
Ask the person offering the weed to change the dirty water in their bong first????

I don't know how proper it would be (I have never been proper) LOL, but if the weed was top shelf, I would raz them about wasting fine herb running it through nasty bong water. If they didn't get the hint, I would just not partake from that particular piece.

Of course... that's just me, I would rather one properly prepared hit than 10 from a liquid ash tray!

Is is proper etiquette to....
Ask the person offering the weed to change the dirty water in their bong first????

Another thing to remember, the way to properly smoke changes from place to place. In the city of Buffalo (college) people don't count when hittin' a blunt, they just take three or four puffs then pass. In Saratoga (home) it's a strict puff puff pass.

While playing cards at a buddys house, it's appropriate to smoke the joint before you think about what action you're going to do. Hate it when someone is thinking and they also have a joint in their mouth not realizing that they have been chiefing the entire time!

As long as this smoking etiquette does not get too carried away...
Like at a formal dinner...with a ton of silver to attend to..and lift my pinky finger when taking that toke!!

About time we all convert to using crutches in our joints. I myself am a jointman, I enjoy smoking fine papers, and fine bud. and I always roll with a crutch/filter/w/e.

I hate attempting to smoke out a sweaty, nasty, passed around, used & abused roach.. about time smoking etiquette requires a crutch when smoking in circles, unless you like the old school crutch-less feeling which I do and like rolling like standard joints by myself on occasion.

:grinjoint:

I am afraid that I have been an inconsiderate smoker for decades but now I know how to corner and that won't happen. Of course, we mostly use the vape now anyway.

I always go with the whole "If it's my bud, I do what I want!" I am a generous person, though, and I usually give the green hit to my guests. I really don't bother with paying so much attention that I even notice if there's still green in my bowl once it comes back around. I mean, if we're smokin', I'm good! :)

In oz (well, with anyone I've smoked with) - when smoking joints in groups here it's three puffs then pass.. if we're sharing a bong in a circle then each person gets a whole cone, I've never come across the corner thing.

funny thread; being a european, i didnt even knew what a "bowl" is. here, we usually smoke joints, and usually they also contain tobacco. always with a hard-paper filter. personally, i like putting just a bit tobacco on the filter side and save the weed/tobacco-mix for the front end of the joint. the one rolling usually gets to light up, no set rules of numbers of puffs, but dont be a greedy a-hole and smoke half the blunt. if it's the two of you, make sure everyone gets at least two rounds. the one offering the weed usually finishes..

I know in the circles I have smoked with, it has been puff puff pass too. I smoke blunts but joints mainly. I use to do bowls back in the day but they always ended up making my throat sore...

Good thread,never heard of cornering before.I`m from Europe and agree with all of what Stonerdawg said but also when hitting a bong with friends everyone gets a bowl each and it`s gone in one hit so no real etiquette needed just take turns changing the water and cleaning the tube and bowl.As for joints,me and my friends used to follow the rules as layed out by Stonerdawg but these days we just smoke our own.We all have weed and roll off each others stuff but generally sit down roll one up and smoke it all up.I like it this way coz some of my mates still can`t roll joints or they leave a soggy tip or use crappy weed and even soap bar sometimes.

If it's my bong and my weed I packed it first and pass it to the guest (or someone new in the group, a friend of a friend usually) for the green hit, then it goes left from there. All the green hits are reserved for guests and friends unless they all want me to take the first hit. Since I grow, I hit fresh daily so I don't care about taking the first hit. Also I make sure the bong is clean like brand-new to every gathering. It can go home dirty but has to be clean upon arrival. And a cooler with some ice I'm surprised some people don't make ice in the fridge...

Ice is tough to make in the fridge..... :slide: I won't pack community bowls in a bong... One hitters, finish the bowl yourself.... I also know some pretty spoiled people, some will only take green hits...... :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom