Smoky's Grow - 1st Timer - Need All The Advice I Can Get

I have also used the FF trio and the 3 solubles along with them, and got some very nice harvests using these nutes.

Do I think you need nutes now? no

Your soil has everything that your plants need, and I never recommend nutes while in early veg... your plants simply are not ready for that level of nutrition.

Think of nutes as supplements, to put into hyperdrive an already thriving plant. New or struggling plants do not need nutes... they need TLC and proper nutrition, and they get that from a gardener who puts them in good soil, up-pots regularly and properly waters at the correct pH. ---Sense Emilya

IMG_20151123_073842161.jpg
IMG_20151123_073809910.jpg

2 pics of #1. 5 days in now

So when should I start with the nutes?

That depends on how well you do building a root system under her. If she is healthy and robust, about the first week of flower you will want to give her some nutes to get her going in that direction... but during veg, especially if you correctly up-pot several times into fresh soil, you don't need nutes... the soil has everything she needs already.

So this may be a dumb question. Where should I keep my thermometer to correctly monitor the temp? On the platform the plants are on under the light? About the height as the light? Floor level? Ceiling level? I've been keeping it level with the lights.

I like to keep it up high, at room level with top of plants or higher. You want to know the TMax in your grow space, it doesn't help you if your meter is telling you the cooler temp and its perfect but in reality a portion of your plants is way to hot. Ideally, it would be the best to have two T readings. One at TMin and one at TMax and as long as neither is to low or high, respectively, then your plants should be in optimum range.

Yup. Last grow I used CFL's. But we'll not talk about that. That was a 100% amatuer grow. Didn't look anything up. Just stuck a seed in dirt. Didn't time the lights. Sometimes theyd stay on or off for days. Really dumb of me actually. Lol. I'm trying to do this one right this time

It has to be the soil. I haven't given her anything but water. Swear lol. I thought it was the cold but that baby leaf is yellowing a tad

Back
Top Bottom