Smoky's Grow - 1st Timer - Need All The Advice I Can Get

I've grow. Twice. Once outside around 10 years ago and once inside about 2 years ago. Both were multiple plant grows. I had one male each time

Hey smoky I just got done with my first grow so I know what you're going through. I would try to get a brand called pro-mix it's organic and will get you 3 weeks before needing any nutes in a 3 gal pot.

Try to stay away from miracle grow. It's slow release nutrients are why people don't like it. The flush at the end doesn't take and the bud taste like chemicals unless cured for over 2 months.

This is solely based on my reading and I have not personally tried mg.

I will tag along if you don't mind. :Namaste:

So I just lowered my platform down to 25.5 inches. The wires the lights cane with are like 16" long. Anyone got any super cheap suggestions on how to hang these lights

Also, I found those old jiffy seed pods made of moss. I went ahead and put my other two germies in them and in dirt and in the light. One I'm not really expecting too much of. The one that came from the glass of water. I can't imagine it's too healthy.

I would use the Botanicare line its a simple and effective nutrient line. I am using the Kind base,grow,cal mag and liquid karma for veg. The Liquid Karma is fantastic. My Ladies are DARK green and glossy.Little known fact the organic fertilizers don't do as well when growing with LED at least my experience the synthetics deliver instant punch, organics need time to break down. Perhaps I will see some technical data on why LED raised plants are more nute hungry than HPS/ mh grows. I know the buds under LED are stickier and more potent and the intensity of the light with a quality LED pushes plants to maximum growth. I go 1/2 the recommended dosage the first week of seedling then week one of true veg bump it to 2/3 after that The Ladies seem to beg for a full nute dose especially cal mag.

Have you tried starter blocks? 5 days till sprout on avg.
IMG_20151026_042859280.jpg

Yep. Those little gals need the light closer.

Yes, what I was doing was starting sprouts under 2'T5 HO I am trying the next batch under LED. I usually let them stretch in the first week then replant up to first leaves and put under LED then no more stretch.

I would disagree as planted stems generate roots here's a pic of exploding root growth plant is 2 weeks old actually waited a few days too long...
IMG_20151111_171541510.jpg

Subbed... I hang my lights with small dog chains. The links and clip allow easy height adjustment. Get them for $2 each from reject/cheap shop...

First pic is the newly adjusted almost final set up. 2nd is the exhaust system my buds and I rigged up. Third is self explanatory. Fourth is unknown#1 who seems to be doing great, and fifth is unkown#2. Not sure how she's doing.

Back
Top Bottom