SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

wow dude, lookin good! i do like larger plants, but i'm seriously considering making the transition to perpetual myself. aside from your journal, which is info-rich (love it), are there any more that you would recommend for a good example?

QUICK UPDATE - FINALLY ANOTHER PINAPPLE EXPRESS! :yahoo:

Once again, I apologize for lack of updates and know I'm WAY overdue on a full update, but I've been buried in projects and having a tough time keeping up!

I harvested another two plants this morning including another Power Skunk and, finally, another Pineapple Express. And, since the last seven plants harvested were all Power Skunks, I thought I'd get a quick update in with a few shots of the Pinapple Express.

She's still the fattest and best looking & smelling strain to have graced the growroom :love::

DSCN21511.JPG

DSCN21581.JPG

DSCN21571.JPG

DSCN2156.JPG

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be stuck with LOTS of work, again, this weekend, but will do my best to get a full update in ASAP.

Happy Harvests!

K

Mr.Krip love your grow im just hoping my PE will turn out like yours :bravo: i got my beans from G13 labs where did you get your PE from thanks mate :goodjob:

Lucy looking like a fat girrl!
and do I love me a fat girrl ;)

have you tried not defoliating to see if there is a significant difference!

My first few grows I did NOT defoliate, but since I've started, I've never gone back. There most definately IS a difference, especially in size and density of the lower buds. :morenutes:

wow dude, lookin good! i do like larger plants, but i'm seriously considering making the transition to perpetual myself. aside from your journal, which is info-rich (love it), are there any more that you would recommend for a good example?

Are you just looking to do a perpetual grow, or are you specifically looking to do a SOG? You don't need to do a SOG to do a perpetual, but the SOG is a great way to max yields.

If you're interested in a perpetual SOG, the "SOG Master" is 420fied who's the inspiration for most of the other SOG grows here on :420: and runs a perpetual grow.

Start at his first journal HERE and when done, follow the link in his signature to his newer BPN SOG journal. We're all awaiting a new journal from him that should be coming soon!

Twelve12 is also a great grower with a great perpetual SOG journal HERE.

Both journals are packed with great info and I've personally learned a lot from both growers. :adore:

Mr.Krip love your grow im just hoping my PE will turn out like yours :bravo: i got my beans from G13 labs where did you get your PE from thanks mate :goodjob:

Thanks, OZ! I bought the seeds from one of the large seedbanks, but G13 Labs is the breeder!

seeing your PE really makes me wish i hadn't killed all 5 of my seeds! lol... i think my next purchase is gonna be more PE along with super lemon haze.

I am looking to do a perpetual grow, but not dead-set on doing it sog-style. it just seems like that owuld be the best way to have regular harvests, rather than big ones spaced far apart.

thanks for the links, looks like i have some reading ahead =]

QUICK UPDATE - ANOTHER POWER SKUNK CHOPPED!

Just a quick update...

I chopped another Power Skunk this morning and really do like this strain! :love:

The yield will still be relatively small, but her trichs were so thick, I had to take a few pics.

First, a couple pre-trim:

DSCN22011.JPG

DSCN22023.JPG

DSCN21982.JPG

And, after a quick trim:

DSCN22041.JPG

DSCN22051.JPG

DSCN22061.JPG

Note: The following two pics are of the BASE of the plant. I was just discussing in another journal the benefits of defoliation. Without defoliating, I'd typically get "popcorn" bud at the bottom, if anything at all. With the defoliation, the base of the plant looks like another top cola! :morenutes: :

DSCN22081.JPG

DSCN22072.JPG

On a separate but related note, I chickened out! I couldn't bear the thought without more Power Skunk, so I topped one of the last rooting clones and may try to make another Bonsai mom. So, now I'm "juggling" the strains to keep them all! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

On a separate but related note, I chickened out! I couldn't bear the thought without more Power Skunk, so I topped one of the last rooting clones and may try to make another Bonsai mom. So, now I'm "juggling" the strains to keep them all! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

:rofl: Why am I not surprised! :)

:thumb:

:rofl: Why an I not surprised! :)

:thumb:

Yeah...I think I've evolved a little in my thinking over the last few weeks.

The primary issue with the P-Skunk was that it's a relatively low yielder compared to both the PE & Lucy. But, with all the plants harvested over the last few weeks, most of which have been P-Skunks, I've accumulated a nice stash and realize that even with the lower yields, I can still grow it faster than I can smoke it with the SOG! :)

So, as long as I don't need to worry about running out of meds, I'm trying to be as picky as possible on the quality. And, I thought they had comparable quality, but, to be honest, I think I like the P-Skunk even better than the Lucy now that I've been smoking her for a while.

The P-Skunk definately wins on bag appeal with the awesome smell and frostiness, but they're all my bags, so effects really need to be the deciding factor. The P-Skunk buds are also much denser, although, Lucy's are HUGE. :morenutes:

Frankly, the reason I'm letting that oldest Lucy plant go some extra time in flower is to see if I can get her quality noticeably above the P-Skunk's.

I should just put an addition on the house and get it over with! Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the space limitations, but with the way grow creep has been setting in on me, maybe I should just get a 2nd house! :rofl:

Yeah...I think I've evolved a little in my thinking over the last few weeks.

The primary issue with the P-Skunk was that it's a relatively low yielder compared to both the PE & Lucy. But, with all the plants harvested over the last few weeks, most of which have been P-Skunks, I've accumulated a nice stash and realize that even with the lower yields, I can still grow it faster than I can smoke it with the SOG! :)

So, as long as I don't need to worry about running out of meds, I'm trying to be as picky as possible on the quality. And, I thought they had comparable quality, but, to be honest, I think I like the P-Skunk even better than the Lucy now that I've been smoking her for a while.

The P-Skunk definately wins on bag appeal with the awesome smell and frostiness, but they're all my bags, so effects really need to be the deciding factor. The P-Skunk buds are also much denser, although, Lucy's are HUGE. :morenutes:

Frankly, the reason I'm letting that oldest Lucy plant go some extra time in flower is to see if I can get her quality noticeably above the P-Skunk's.

I should just put an addition on the house and get it over with! Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the space limitations, but with the way grow creep has been setting in on me, maybe I should just get a 2nd house! :rofl:

Hmmm...lots of foreclosures on the market. You'd just have to find a fixer upper with a good electrical service/main panel and decent plumbing! :)

Congrats on your bottomless cup of buds, and their excellence.
Expanding into a purpose-rebuilt property however, is something else.
Forming a partnership with someone who has usable space available is another possibility.
Look closely at your friends & family.

Don't ignore old aunt Edna, just because she was brainwashed by Reefer Madness.
Times change and being old just means that you're not dead yet.
Slowly and reluctantly, even old people can learn new stuff. Kinda

Congrats on your bottomless cup of buds, and their excellence.
Expanding into a purpose-rebuilt property however, is something else.
Forming a partnership with someone who has usable space available is another possibility.
Look closely at your friends & family.

Don't ignore old aunt Edna, just because she was brainwashed by Reefer Madness.
Times change and being old just means that you're not dead yet.
Slowly and reluctantly, even old people can learn new stuff. Kinda

That made me laugh once my 75 year old Uncle visited and he asked me have i got a smoke i replied no i got to go to the shops to get a pack of cigarettes he looked at me in a strange way and say no you dill the good stuff ,well i nearly fell over but to cut a long story short he was growing it had been for many years and said he new he should of brought some for me when he came to visit .:bigblush:

Back
Top Bottom