SoilGirl's Organic In & Out Journal 2015

Personally, I love my fan speed controller. I keep it on it's lowest setting almost all the time to minimize the noise. That said, my fan is 171cfm and my tent is less than 40cu ft.

To note, a long and winding vent hose decreases the efficiency of a fan. Mine vents directly out of the top of the tent with the filter just inside - no vent hose used. Also, fans work more efficiently when they pull vs. pushing air. Just a few things to think about.

If it's any help, I grew some Blue Blood for my Wife who suffers with her sleeping but she prefers Night Queen as a better smoke for getting to sleep.

I think I'm going to order Night Queen next time for the daughter. She's already apprehensive about me using the Sativa dominants in her bedtime brownies.

I think I'm going to order Night Queen next time for the daughter. She's already apprehensive about me using the Sativa dominants in her bedtime brownies.

The reason I am doing 4 Fluxed Night Queen is so my Wife can get a lot of good meds. She has PTSD and other ails and using solid resin during the day which is good for her but she needs something stronger to get her to sleep.

What are your thoughts on Blue Blood? I'd like to add a CBD strain to my arsenal, and it looks like an interesting plant.

Check out Supergroomers BlueBlood journal. Its probably one of the most solid all around CBD medical strains. Its a petty good yielder to boot.

Sue, if you are ever looking for a Sativa with higher levels of CBD check out Barney's Liberty Haze.

I'll check it out CC. Thanks. She could stand to have a variety.

Nice tent set up SG! If you move the fan to rear cross member, you'll have more room to move up your lights when plants get big. The 1' ext. is very helpful for heat control. Try to eliminate/reduce sag in duct to avoid any moisture collection & max. flow.

Dial A Temps are reliable & endorsed by Vortex to use on its fans. Vortex S line have lifetime guarantee so Vortex will back it up if something weird happens with DAT. I've used DAT w/ Vortex for going on 2 yrs. w/o problem. :goodjob:

im growing some my self , mid flower , cant say much only they smell beautiful , i have to go sit with them a couple of time a day lol
They where nice and easy to grow also ,

ill give you a smoke report

here mine , one is much better and looks far better than the other , ill add they cover the leaves in trichomes :thumb:

P10706491.JPG
P10706311.JPG
P10706301.JPG

Personally, I love my fan speed controller. I keep it on it's lowest setting almost all the time to minimize the noise. That said, my fan is 171cfm and my tent is less than 40cu ft.

To note, a long and winding vent hose decreases the efficiency of a fan. Mine vents directly out of the top of the tent with the filter just inside - no vent hose used. Also, fans work more efficiently when they pull vs. pushing air. Just a few things to think about.
Hahaha thanks for the tip but I gotta get that hot air out of my room :) what you don't see in the pics is the door that the vent blows out. I can vent outside, but that seems like a pain. I'm hopefully not going to be living here much longer than necessary. Probably going to move once all my plants are harvested. My Dad quit using CBD's (replaced it with alcohol, smart) so not really much point to me being here, its not exactly fun :S I just have fun growing and try to make the best of it.

Thank you for the good advice MS. I'm sure I'll like the DAT speed controller. I have a lot to learn about ventilation lol. :passitleft:
What are your thoughts on Blue Blood? I'd like to add a CBD strain to my arsenal, and it looks like an interesting plant.
Blue Blood was pretty cool, my pheno was just a teeny bit of a let down as far as flavor. I wanted more Blueberry. Good yielder and easy grower though, I'm glad I have 2 more seeds, hopefully I'll get one that looks more like TNP's. :) Mine has a foxtaily tendency, you can see a BB I grew on the first post and I wrote some notes about it. :Namaste: While my dad used it for his seizures he swore by it, loved it, and barely had a tremor on the days he medicated. (we made some oil for him, but only used an oz or so of trim, didn't last too long, he mostly juiced its leaves and fresh buds, but we made a lot of cookies with some butter from those buds too. He liked those.)
If it's any help, I grew some Blue Blood for my Wife who suffers with her sleeping but she prefers Night Queen as a better smoke for getting to sleep.

The reason I am doing 4 Fluxed Night Queen is so my Wife can get a lot of good meds. She has PTSD and other ails and using solid resin during the day which is good for her but she needs something stronger to get her to sleep.
I'm sure Night Queen would be a good addition Sue :) especially if your daughter's that apprehensive. :laughtwo:
Aw MF, sounds like you're taking very good care of your wife. :love: I hope she finds restful sleep every night for a long time with your harvests.
Check out Supergroomers BlueBlood journal. Its probably one of the most solid all around CBD medical strains. Its a petty good yielder to boot.
Definitely good yielder, I must have got 4-5 zips off that one on the front page. Filled up 2 mason jars and then some. :)
Nice tent set up SG! If you move the fan to rear cross member, you'll have more room to move up your lights when plants get big. The 1' ext. is very helpful for heat control. Try to eliminate/reduce sag in duct to avoid any moisture collection & max. flow.

Dial A Temps are reliable & endorsed by Vortex to use on its fans. Vortex S line have lifetime guarantee so Vortex will back it up if something weird happens with DAT. I've used DAT w/ Vortex for going on 2 yrs. w/o problem. :goodjob:
Thanks very much bright, I'll do different ducting/fan setups in the future now that I know but for now it's probably gonna stay as is. :Namaste: Should make it through one harvest, that's all I hope for. I'm definitely not going to have any 6-footers in that tent this summer. Extension isn't even an option, its one inch too far haha. One inch. >.<

I'll try the DAT when it gets here. I'm just cautious and hate sending things in for repair or dealing with customer service. Some companies have turned me sour to customer service. *cough* Lighthouse Hydro Blackstar *cough* don't ever buy LED's from Lighthouse Hydro *cough*. I'm sure the DAT will come to be very useful, assuming my fan doesn't go boom at plug in. :love:

im growing some my self , mid flower , cant say much only they smell beautiful , i have to go sit with them a couple of time a day lol
They where nice and easy to grow also ,

ill give you a smoke report

here mine , one is much better and looks far better than the other , ill add they cover the leaves in trichomes :thumb:

Beautiful TNP!! I can smell them through the pics. I bet they're very sweet and blueberry scented right about now. Mine was much more foxtaily than yours. I'm glad I still have 2 beans left to try, I'm sure they'll be more exciting than my last pheno. My reveg clone Blue Blood may have some gnarly reveg leaves and the same foxtaily genetics, but I think we'll see the best of her this outdoor run. Then bye bye to that pheno, on to the new ones :)

Thanks MS! :love: That diesel was a wild plant lol. I reined it in a lot the other night though, looks very prim and proper now :)

- and my fan does Not have a built-in speed controller. I ordered a Dial-a-temp H9980 to go with it, but Idk if it was totally necessary, even on full blast that fan isn't crazy strong. Maybe shoulda saved my 20 bucks, plus I'm semi-scared to plug my fan into it after reading a scary review that said their fan broke right after plug-in (should mention this review was one of the only bad ones, just a poignantly bad one. :straightface:)... I can't just replace the fan now, $'s gone, so might not be worth the risk to me to even chance it when it works great without a dimming feature. Hope that helps. My impression so far: the fan was worth the money, its not heavy, its hi-tech, its strong, and its quiet. :Namaste:

Thanks so much Rado, :hippy: I know your blessings must mean some magic is coming my way. We'll see how much. :circle-of-love:

Glad you like your fan. My favorite fan is the one that keeps working! I've had two oscillating fans fail on me since I built the flower room

ooooh. You've thrown down the gauntlet, I'll have to whip up some good juju now. :) How do you feel about spirits checking up on you? :yikes: :rip: :yikes: :byebye:

Have I mentioned how happy I am that you are back, and apparently, safe and healthy. I am truly glad to read your posts again :love:

Glad you like your fan. My favorite fan is the one that keeps working! I've had two oscillating fans fail on me since I built the flower room

ooooh. You've thrown down the gauntlet, I'll have to whip up some good juju now. :) How do you feel about spirits checking up on you? :yikes: :rip: :yikes: :byebye:

Have I mentioned how happy I am that you are back, and apparently, safe and healthy. I am truly glad to read your posts again :love:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You made my day just now Rado aww thanks so much, that was a good laugh. Bring on the spirits! Good spirits love me, they follow me around like the kodama in Princess Mononoke. The bad ones I'll absorb with a combination vacuum\squirt gun. Have any exterminator suits laying around? :circle-of-love:

I'm equally excited to get to catch up with you and everyone here. I'd be lying if I said your posts don't get a little special attention from me though. ;) Your humor/writing just gets me. Yours and so many other's, there's some great personalities here. I'm glad some of you appreciate my contribution to our wonderful personality cult lol. :)

Update 7-12-15:

Cheese got a FIM today, or hope it did anyways lol. Might have missed.

0712151217.jpg
0712151221.jpg
0712151221a.jpg

So did Euphoria... time will tell. :Namaste:

0712151223.jpg

While I was at it I decided to supercrop that shorter Jamaican OG clone. Well, I snapped part of the stem again.
These things happen ok. >.< I tied it back up with the first thing I saw in a rush. Here it is, at time of snap...

0712151227.jpg
0712151227a.jpg

Here, later on. I think the prognosis is good for the branch, but a few leaves are gonna be ugly >.<

0712151910a.jpg

Here's the lankier JOG clone. A weird shaped plant but its gonna be good buds eventually :)

0712151910.jpg

Now here's the mama Jamaican OG, just doing great in that Kellogg's mix of LOS I used (for this soil I mixed CC's amendment recipe for 10 gallons instead of 7.5, or per cubic foot)... smells very citronella and sandalwood still. I'm in love.

0712151905.jpg
0712151906.jpg

Now a family shot, with OG Kush (PR) taking up the right half of the picture, in a little shade.

0712151859.jpg

Just a look at how OG Kush recovered in a few spots from the supercrops. Such a strong plant :) undergrowth is getting a bit unruly though.

0712151903.jpg

And here's budding progress on OG Kush (PR), taking her time, but starting to smell a bit lemony turpentiney again. :)

0712151901.jpg

Oh right, the awaited post-trimming pics of the Diesel Re-veg.. As much as I took off, I think there's still plenty left.

0712151912.jpg
0712151912b.jpg

Ultrasour (2014 bagseed) Is doing awesome in that 2nd run of the 3.5 gal bucket. The soil in that 3.5 gal bucket is a mix of PJ's flowering soil and CC's no-till mix, with leaf mold. I trained it to the side just a bit.

0712151912a.jpg

White Widow got moved into one of the fresh cooking LOS pots, a 5 gal hard plastic one.

0712151913.jpg

Blue Blood is pushing out more trichomes now.

0712151914.jpg

0712151916.jpg

My cooking LOS, I noticed the sprouts in the 2 10 gal fabric pots I gave ACT's to are coming along faster. :)

0712151917.jpg

Here's the super trio for my first go in the 5x5 I've decided. From left to right, Ultrasour (TH Seeds'), White Master Kush, and Super Silver.

0712151924.jpg

Oh and a look at the slow Euphoria.

0712151930.jpg

That's all lol, I didn't really do things in the order I wanted to, but then I'm really baked off of that RCB with some kief in that Arizer right now hahaha. Dozing off as I type... :circle-of-love:

"Here's the super trio for my first go in the 5x5 I've decided. From left to right, Ultrasour (TH Seeds'), White Master Kush, and Super Silver. "

SoilGirl's Super Trio...so cool, like the Fantastic Four!:thumb:
LOL maybe I'll call it the tri-force instead. I love Zelda :) I have an awesome benefactor to thank for those beans, I'm so excited to try them out. Starting to think that bagseed Ultrasour is very good genetics! Can't wait to see what the actual breeder seed can do. :love:
A great update SoilGirl. Lots of different plants in lots of different pots makes MF do lots of dribbling :drool: Variety is the spice of life :high-five:
:laughtwo: I'm glad the drool is flowing MF, I hope I can pump up the flow in a few weeks! :love: hahaha yeah, I'm not a very uniform grower apparently. Last year, I grew some okra out of a thick cardboard moving box double wrapped with trash bags, and poked holes thru the bottom with a stick. :laughtwo: It held all season and grew quite a few okra, but when we tried to move it for winter the cardboard tore up and we were left with a pile of dirt and compost in the grass for me to clean up.

Probably not gonna try that again this year. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom