I do believe it was day 31 when I pulled out the chocolate mint (from a hermie seed) for an inspection. This plant gets the least light so I'm not real concerned with the smaller buds.
ChMint1302.JPG

ChMint1304.JPG

This was the only thing I could find that had me concerned... I do believe there are just calyxes. Unfortunately I did not mark that spot with a tag... live/learn, smoke/figure it out.
ChMint1303.JPG

Thanks

It looks like whatever you’re doing is working very well. The scotch bonnet plant reminds me a little bit of a plant I grew from ACE Seeds. I will have to do some digging to figure out what the genetics were

Edit. OK I found the plant I was thinking of. I grew it in a solo cup competition grow. I guess it’s a bit of a stretch, but this plant was a random mix cross from ACE Seeds. They sell their random mixes or sometimes include them as freebies -labelled as ‘Ace Mix’. I’ve had good luck with them and it’s kind of fun trying to figure out who the parents are

I was told by another forum member at the time that the upward branching look is related to their Pakistani Chitral Kush strain. When I contacted ACE they said yes that was most probably what it was- Chitral genetics.

Anyway maybe that’s a clue for you. It’s the only plant I’ve grown that had branches like that

Not the greatest photo but in real life it was quite striking how the branches pointed straight upwards

So update time again I guess. Well this weeks peril is dyslexia or my inability to understand what I'm reading.

So this power to bloom I was using is meant to be used in week 3 and week 5.... I used it from week 3 to week 5...doh! I misunderstood what I have.
In other words

Oh well what's done is done at least they look to be still alive. Terrible mistake to make though and lets hope they make it. I did a flush 2 days after I realized what the heck I've done and now I'm feeding just your basic cal, mega crop, enzymes and liquid weight (carbs) daily.

My pics are still bad so I'll just post a couple (3) to show what the hell I've got.
I believe the 1st one is about day 36 which is the day I realized what I did.
Sam_1310.jpg

These 2 are day 39, the day I flushed it I believe.
Sam_1315.jpg

And the scotch bonnet or whatever strain it may be.
Sam_1316.jpg

Like I said so far they are still alive, too bad I messed up but OTOH I did call this journal somekind perils.

I'm thinking I have at least 3 more weeks left perhaps even more due to my incompetence. It looks like I will have plenty to smoke at the end. However I'm not too confident in whatkind quality I will have.

Thanks again for your time
Toke care

Well.......
It looks like I'm wrong once more. Seems to me I will be harvesting within a week to ten days type of deal, heck maybe even sooner. She's done like dinner I would say. Coulda shoulda woulda... perhaps I should pay more attention to what I'm feeding them.

Anyway it looks like I will have enough quantity to get me through, I'm not sure on the quality as in I've some very dark leaves, so it may be harsh smoking I'm thinking. I've no doubt that my mistakes effected both my quantity & quality.

Oh well, I guess I will use this power to bloom stuff again since I have it but I will use it as recommended and only one feeding at 3 weeks flower and perhaps a second feeding at 5 weeks. I also have some new coco that I will likely use, it may drain better so I may switch to feeding every day in the early going as well.

Here's some pics from today - day 48
Sam_1322.jpg

Scotch bonnet (she took it the worst IMO)
Sam_1324.jpg

close up of a couple buds near the back.
Sam_1325.jpg

It looks like the Panama x Critical cheese (in the center) will have the best yield by far. They all look frosty enough to keep me very happy. Milky and amber trichomes seem to be plentiful IMO, it also smells pretty good.

Thanks for your time.

So my harvest report is not so great... ok it's brutal but whatever I will have enough smoke to last to next harvest just less to share this time round. I figure I got maybe 1 1/2 oz from the chocolate mint and about 1 oz from the scotch bonnet so terrible really. The Panama x critical cheese was better at around 4 or 5 oz - that will keep me happy. I didn't bother weighing anything because I've no need to, it's all personal and I can see that it didn't yield all that great.

I took some pics of my best 2 buds, I will post one. The smoke is a bit harsher than I'm used to and needs to be re-lit often, ash is nice & white at least.
I found some clones so I'm on a quick turnaround this time round. My neighbor found a couple of cameras at a garage sale so those will be newer next time although I doubt any better.

Oh look Bessy they flipped me a bird :D
Sam_1334.jpg

The newer camera/crop.
Dscn2385.jpg

Oh yea I do have the odd seed in this crop as well, I didn't think the lemon skunk threw out any pollen but who knows. This power to bloom stuff that I used to stress my plants (by accident) claims to have somekind g3 technology ... I'm wondering if that is what made the seeds. I'm getting about 1 seed for every 2 j's that I roll up.

I also would like to say that I'm glad I grew out that hermie seed. I have now seen with my own eyes why good genetics make gooder plants, I'm pretty sure that even if that plant had the prime spot it would still be inferior in it's production.

Thanks for your time.
2:59

I guess I'll update...
This is about 4 weeks after transplanting from a 6 ounce cup.
Dscn2396.jpg

I pulled them out for a little trim a couple of days ago. They're clones from the last crop. Two Scotch bonnet and two panama/criticle cheese, I only took pictures of the nicer ones, the 2 corner ones are much smaller.

Panama/criticle cheese before trim
Dscn2398.jpg

First sign of pistils... I crept up onto 12/12 by dropping 1/2hr of light per day on the fourth day of 12/12 I have the first sign of buds.
Dscn2401.jpg

The same plant after my trim
Dscn2402.jpg

A couple of shots of a Scotch bonnet... or is it a chitral kush? We will never know for sure but I do like the smoke. It has a different set of terpenes for sure. Those fan leaves measure out at 17 inches from stem to tip.
Dscn2410.jpg

Dscn2415.jpg

And finally back in there place. Day 2 of bloom.
Dscn2422.jpg

I'm using my old coco, and now I are feeding daily.
For every 4 gallons of water I add
.4ml of 0-0-4 silica
12 - 15 ml of cal mag
13.5g of mega crop
4ml enzymes komplete
5 - 8 ml of liquid weight (made my yearly trip to the hydro shop.)
15ml of Lactobacillus (something new to mess up on, how else do I get my perils)

I feel that maybe that's too much Lactobacillus however they don't seem to mind. Next weekend I will do the power to bloom routine. It states to add to the nutrient mix for 4 days then repeat in 3 weeks. Also while at the shop I picked up some umph power which is a complement to the power to bloom stuff that's said to increase oil production, it was $10 why not try it I guess. Somekind Ontario company, I bought the power to bloom somewhat by accident I'll give it a second go, the first round was another total screwup pretty sure I can figure it out second time around.

Thanks for your time

Wellll..... another update for the masses.This one starts at day 7 bloom which is the first day of a 4 day feeding schedule for this power to bloom stuff. Feed for four days and four days later spray with umph power (foliage feed), repeat in 2 weeks.

So far things look ok I guess, I'm kinda worried about spider mites as they are everywhere outside, haven't seen any in my room yet, knock on wood.

Day 7 just before the first power to bloom app.
Day 7 2426.JPG

Oh yea I tried fixing the color... sorry best I could figure.
Day 8
Day 8 2431.JPG

Day 9
Day 9 2436.JPG

Day 10 (last day for power to bloom application).
Day 10 2440.JPG

Day 11
Day 11 2445.JPG

Day 12
Day 12 2452.JPG

I tink I missed the pics for day 13, this is day 14 - the morning after the umph power application.
Day 14 2459.JPG

Today is day 16 - day 15 pic is still in da camera. I will do another 4 day feed schedule of power to bloom starting this Sunday Day 21. I cut the mega crop down by .5g (in 15L) during power to bloom feeding and upped it .5g/15L right after power to bloom was done.

Poor plant in the right corner hasn't seen the light for quite while now, I thought about raising it a bit (da plant) but it's too much hassle and I don't really need it as the other 3 should be more than enough to keep me happy.

Feeding schedule is once a day 15L ro wate,r 4 plants, 5 gal bags.
.5ml silica wait - 8 hours
10 - 14ml cal mag - wait overnight
14 - 15g mega crop
4ml Enzymes Komplete
8 - 12 ml Liquid Weight (carbs)

15 - 20ml Lactobacillus This stuff smells worse every day... When I was a kid I drank this stuff and loved it, there was no such smell for sure, yes there was a faint smell... but not a rank smell at all. We used whole milk (from da cows tit) and I never seen a rice wash... this smell started with the rice wash? Does anyone know... is this stuff supposed to smell this bad? It's getting hard to open the bottle whew.

oops oh yea .75g - 1.5g of power to bloom for 4 days starting on day 7. Next app I will likely do .75g to 1 or 1.25g for 4 days starting day 21.

Thanks for your time
Take care

Pokey... perhaps my sister was right I do tend to be slow. Well here's my next volley of daily pics.
Day 15
Day 15 2465.JPG

Day 16
Day 16 2470.JPG

Day 17
Day 17 2474.JPG

Day 18

Day 18 2482.JPG

Day 19
Day 19 2489.JPG

Day 20
Day 20 2494.JPG

Day 21, round 2 of the power to bloom app starts today.
Day 21 2500.JPG

Day 22
Day 22 2506.JPG

Day 23
Day 23 2511.JPG

Day 24
Day 24 2519.JPG

Round 2 of the power to bloom feeding schedule went from day 21 to day 24 (the last 4 pics).

I'll start a new post so I can fit in the rest of the pics.

Day 25
Day 25 2526.JPG

Day 26
Day 26 2531.JPG

Day 26 left side
Day 26 left 2535.JPG

Day 27
Day 27 2539.JPG

Day 28 after lights out I did a umph power application (foliage feed)
Day 28 2547.JPG

Day 29 the morning after the umph power foliage feed.
Day 29 2559.JPG

Day 30 (yesterday)
Day 30 2562.JPG

So far all seems good, I've lots of time to fill these buds out IMO.
The 2 strains in here are Panama x Critical cheese and ...... Do si do..... I finally got an id on that scotch bonnet I was raving about. Plant #4 on the right is non existent I think I will move it outside soon we have a plan for the neighbors 2 outdoor plants. I'll need to look at some other Do si do's to compare to because IMO this is one very strange plant my larger fan leaves are 17"s long. If anyone has a link to some nice Do si do pics I would appreciate it.

Most of this room is plant # 3 which is a Panama x Cheese (1st gen clone) the # 2 Do si do is coming along ok for a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone.

My temps are ok I manage 78F during daytime however some nights only get down to 72F otherwise I try for 68F. Humidity I'm managing to keep at about 60%.
I'm still feeding once a day, the larger Panama x Cheese would like more the others are fine IMO.

I messed up my last 3 grows I sure hope this one finishes out without issues.

Thanks for your time.

Power to bloom and umph power are G.E.T Growing Edge Technologies products (Ontario). The power to bloom I bought thinking it was something else and the umph power was $10 so I figured why not. So for $50 total I have bud booster and oil boosting products that will last me a very very long time as in years. If they work then bonus if they don't it wasn't my worse investment, compared to others it's a very good deal IMO.

It looks like I'll have 2 more updates today.

Day 31 FWIW I'll add my ppm for the day when available. ppm = 785 in 950 out.

Day 31 2573.JPG

Day 32
Day 32 2578.JPG

Day 32 macro
Day 32 bud 2583.JPG

Day 33
Day 33 2591.JPG

Day 34 ppm 715
Day 34 2597.JPG

Day 35 I upped my Mega crop from 16 to 20g/4 gal for 2 days then dropped it back down to 18g? ppm = 875 in and 975 out.
Day 35 2603.JPG

One more update to follow to get us up to date.

Wow what a change a few days make, looks like I'll have another early harvest.

Day 40
Day 40 2642.JPG

Day 41
Day 41 2647.JPG

It all seemed normal until I decided to take the runt outside. I did think things were turning fast at this time you can't really tell by my pics.
Day 42, I moved them around to get the tiny plant out of the left corner... perhaps that wasn't my best idea.
Day 42 2656.JPG

Day 43
Day 43 2660.JPG

Day 44

Day 44 2668.JPG

Today day 45
Day 45 2671.JPG

It's looking like they'll be done by day 56, I guess that's the same time as the last round but in my mind I thought I messed that up and thus it was done quicker. Suppose I messed this one up too.

I should have a decent harvest from both the Panama/Critical Cheese, however the clone of a clones clone (Do Si Do) isn't gonna produce a heck of a lot. FWIW I'm loving the Panama/Critical Cheese from my last crop so I should be fine for a while. Running low on my stock but I'll make it as usual.

I satisfied a curiosity with these last 2 grows. Hermie seeds are not good at all as in Inferior buds & smoke and same goes for a clone of a clone type of deal. IMO

If these 2 Panama/Critical Cheese are as good as the last crop I'll be a very happy gardener.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom