Spider Farmer SF2000

herrjack24

420 Member
High all!

I'm thinking buying a Spider Farmer SF2000 grow light for my grow and i want to find out what other guys have experienced or know about this light.
I'm planning to grow 2 plants. The space isn't an issue. Do you think it's a good choice? Can this light cover those 2 plants from seed to harvest? As far as they say, the SF2000 can replace a 500W HPS light, and if some are right, a plant need 100W each. So i guess that in theory the SF2000 can be a good choice for growing 2 plants.
Now i want to hear from your experience what can you advice me about choosing this light. I know there are many other products out there, but i am only able to order/buy one from Europe. Must be Europe. Not US, Canada, China or UK.

Waiting your advices and opinions.

Yea I would also recommend a light from one of our awesome sponsors. On top of getting a discount for being a member here at 420magazine, you'll have easier access to the light manufacturer Incase a product malfunctions.... Which is worth the little extra to have peace of mind.

Seeing that he said Europe I'm guessing some sponsors on the site are out.

Only Mars or Viparspectre I think offer here.

Will you be using a tent? what size?
If you want to focus on two plants.. maybe get two of the 1000 models, so you can give each plant it's own light.
That way you can adjust the dimmer or height to each plant individually if they require it.
Less of a hotspot in the middle with the two lights being so close together and you can get even better coverage as you got two sources you can spread apart.

I went with the Austrian Sanlights recently but since the German legislation they are pretty much out of stock in and around Germany. A lot of things are, can't seem to find a fancy controlled fan anywhere.

Fenderbender, I don't really want to install 2 grow lights for a single tent. I have enough space, but i want to use a single light unit. I heard some complaining about some Spider Farmer lights such as led failures, shortage or heat. Don't want to add negative thoughts for this brand but i just want to pick something good and reliable. If someone sees this topic and can add some advices i will appreciate.
For the moment i have in consideration Spider Farmer, Viparspectra and Mars Hydro. Those are the only brands i know that can send orders from Europe.
My concerns are that the specs of a specific light won't meet the expected results. There are many products that don't do what they say and won't have the performances they advertise. I know there are a lot to be said about these details, but i'm more concerned for the moment about the area coverage they claim they cover. Most of them perhaps provides enough or average light quality but i need to make sure i'm getting something that will cover my 2 plants grow. Some of them are really small in size and i really question their capability regarding the coverage.

For example their european website does not work. So just pointing me to look over sponsors area does not help me

create an account from here through the board to contact them. they ship from the US, UK, Aus, and Germany. right now all of europe is in flux due to the recent legalization in germany. the eu site has probably simply crashed.

For the moment i have in consideration Spider Farmer, Viparspectra and Mars Hydro. Those are the only brands i know that can send orders from Europe.

any of them will supply a good product. the SF is usually a little pricier than the others for what you get.

the vipar and mars can occasionally have issues but are well supported as far as customer service, there is rarely a problem that can't be worked out.

mars models will sometimes ship with cheaper components than the advertised spec. it's been noted both here and on other forums. it's a real crappy practice. the best thing with mars is to stick with the newest models, as they won't cheap out on them.

High all!

I'm thinking buying a Spider Farmer SF2000 grow light for my grow and i want to find out what other guys have experienced or know about this light.
I'm planning to grow 2 plants. The space isn't an issue. Do you think it's a good choice? Can this light cover those 2 plants from seed to harvest? As far as they say, the SF2000 can replace a 500W HPS light, and if some are right, a plant need 100W each. So i guess that in theory the SF2000 can be a good choice for growing 2 plants.
Now i want to hear from your experience what can you advice me about choosing this light. I know there are many other products out there, but i am only able to order/buy one from Europe. Must be Europe. Not US, Canada, China or UK.

Well I own a SF-4000 and a SF-1000 lights from SpiderFarmer. I have pulled off some Really Nice harvest with each light. The heat from the drivers on the SF-4000 are a problem in the Summer time, when ambient temps Outside are 80-90 F. But in the Winter time indoor Tent it works wonders!! The SpiderFarmer sf1000 is a good choice for a small 1-2 plant grow. Or supplemental lighting for young plants.

Just be wary of any MarsHydro FCE series lights.... The one they sent me is Highly Defective. As in Turns on after so called Timer shut it off.. Constantly. I literally have to Un Plug it by Hand every Night.. :smokin: :lot-o-toke:

High all!

there are plenty of lights in amzon. some are very good with low cost because of promotion period.

Spider farm, mars, viparspectra, any name brand will serve you well. Vipar is generally the cheapest of them. Have had a cheap viparspectra on a 18/6 timer for 3+ years nonstop, no issues.

I'm planning to grow 2 plants. The space isn't an issue.
The only issue is the space. A plant is not a unit of measurement. For me two plants is three 1000 series and four 500 series to get 24 wats per square foot over a 25 square foot of canopy. I use multiple smaller lights to even out hot and cool spots. The light is sized to the space not the plant. Actual wat draw from wall/ square foot. 16wat minimum to grow. 20 wat minimum for any significant harvest. 25 wat for max harvest to power ratio. 30 wat minor yield increase. Any higher and CO2 enrichment required.

Back
Top Bottom