Split main stem, I need an adult!

SendWaves

First time grower here. After a failed first attempt at LST my poor girl now has a split in the center of the main stem. Advice on next steps/how to treat this wound? Praying to the cannabis gods that it isn't fatal.

20200412_222135.jpg

Don't worry. Cannabis is very resilient. I split one of my current 2 Quadlined girls, from all the training wires she was pretty 'sprung', I happened to bump into her a couple of times and that was enough for all that bound up tension to split her down the middle of the stem. I choose to use some electrical tape to wrap around the split and hopefully keep it from opening too much. I reckon cable ties would be great. That was a few months ago and she's fine, didn't blink an eye. I'll post a pic of her split if I can find it.

A split stem and the electrical tape binding I gave to mine

WHEW! Thanks everyone, super helpful! Everyone in 420 Mag I've come accross has been friendly, respectful and most importantly: helpful.
It will be fine ..just leave it :)
Others here will have some good ideas but I just held mine together with a wood clamp - I cushioned it with some rubbery stuff just so the clamp didn't cut in. Just the clamp in this picture.
too close.jpg
Don't worry. Cannabis is very resilient. I split one of my current 2 Quadlined girls, from all the training wires she was pretty 'sprung', I happened to bump into her a couple of times and that was enough for all that bound up tension to split her down the middle of the stem. I choose to use some electrical tape to wrap around the split and hopefully keep it from opening too much. I reckon cable ties would be great. That was a few months ago and she's fine, didn't blink an eye. I'll post a pic of her split if I can find it.

A split stem and the electrical tape binding I gave to mine

WHEW! Thanks ya'll! Everyone in 420 Mag I've come accross has been friendly, respectful and most importantly: helpful. I appreciate you!

Some people split the main stem a few inches above the soil on purpose & stick a pencil in it to hold it open during flower. It sends a mad rush of nutes to the bud sites. It's called Stem Splitting. So you have nothing to worry about. Think of it as an accidental Super Cropped Branch.

Bad example because the plant is larfy .. but here is a doser for you.
.. it’s incredible to me she has any buds at all
Anyways good luck. I hope you have a good sense of humour and that you are an adult . Namaste :)
4C72326E-AC99-46D4-A6F2-735D530D82BC.jpeg
4EE40797-FEC5-4E2A-AC89-BAC69DCA6CC8.jpeg
381A2091-8A65-4310-8CF6-04E6EC1CDD18.jpeg

I use medical tape and a zip tie, then spray it with water daily. It holds water which acts like Neosporin.
It doesn’t leave a film like E-tape, is sterile, allows the plant to breathe, and is easy to remove.
D0F78C92-7EF3-4C48-AE1B-526953A70B08.jpeg

I'm Cornfused :thedoubletake: :hmmmm:

Are u a child? Asking for an adult to help you?

Bad example because the plant is larfy .. but here is a doser for you.
.. it’s incredible to me she has any buds at all
Anyways good luck. I hope you have a good sense of humour and that you are an adult . Namaste :)
4C72326E-AC99-46D4-A6F2-735D530D82BC.jpeg
4EE40797-FEC5-4E2A-AC89-BAC69DCA6CC8.jpeg
381A2091-8A65-4310-8CF6-04E6EC1CDD18.jpeg

Once upon a time I was a young lad earning $25 a week from my skimpy ass parents-for doing absolutely nothing. They called it "allowance," I called it bullshit. Then I discovered a thing called babysitting. I found that other parents in my neighborhood would pay good money to pre-pubescent boys and girls to watch over their toddlers while they went out on the town. Are you kidding me? Sign me up. My pesky parentals did not believe I understood how much responsibility I'd be taking on, keeping a toddler alive and what not. Eventually they caved and I got myself my first babysitting gig watching this snot-nosed 5 year old of a single mom in the neighborhood for a few hours one evening. When the evening came for me to get that easy cash money, I arrived at the house and was given the lay of the land. The kid just needed to survive in my care for 3 hours. Within the first 2 hours on the job this kid had a full-blown siezure; eyes rolled in he back of his head, flopping around like a fish, foaming at the mouth, bleeding profusely from a head wound where he bounced it off the floor, the whole nine. So there I am watching this kid convulse and bleed out, wondering how many years I'd go to jail for this happening on my watch. Would I get the death penalty? Maybe he's just a demon. What I really needed then, just as I find myself needing now, was an adult.

I hope this clears up any cornfusion as to the nature of this thread's title, which by the way sounds like a terrible time...wandering around, lost in a corn maze or something.

PS: That is a true story BUT fear not, the little guy recovered and is alive and well today. He just needed 20 stitches in his skull where he cracked it, a blood transfusion and treatment for what we now call a "TBI." Otherwise fit as a fiddle.

I have too much time on my hands.

Back
Top Bottom