Spring's 2nd auto Grow under CFL's. Auto Bomb and Big Bang Auto

X thank you! Your blog and your posts are always of tremendous help for me. They're organized, and straight to the point. I used your harvest tips to chop my first grow, I picked up himidipaks for curing and storage (i love them!), made some brownies, and now most probably going to use some of your tips on pest prevention. I'm forcing you into my next journal, I'm afraid you don't have a choice on this one my friend. I'm gona cyber rape your knowledge and positive energy into my next grow LOL. :)
I'm just kidding of course, just letting you know I value your input to this website, and I'm sure a lot more people are making use of your tips than you might know :thumb:

That was very nice! :thanks:

Just in case, drop me a message if I don't sub to your next journal right away. Or, make sure and post a link at the end of this journal. Sometimes I miss when new journals are created if they don't post a link in the previous journal or let me know somehow, but I'd be happy to follow your next one, too. Thanks again for the kind words! :)

Hello to all. Been off the grid for a few days. All is well and the two girls seem to be OK! Did a nice flush two nights ago and the girls seem to have reacted well. The purple streaks on a few stems have been slowed down. Gotta be the Jamaican bat guano that helped. Nothing in my nute mix has the high of a P count.

The purple fan leaves have turned a dark purple almost black. I only see this on the Big Bang. This has slowed down as well. Still considering if the sing in temps is playing a part. I do run the AC at 73 in my house almost all year long.

I will have some pics in the next 24 hrs. Thanks for keeping up with my journal!

hey spring purple is a dominant trait in most autos and shows up in some hybreds but not all if you grew from seeds. and alot of times natural autos are more stony in the late veg state then in flowering when you find wild ones. most the seed banks have bred out that trait by hybreeding them with really killer strains but purple from autos dose not suprise me at all. it may well be that seed carried over the purple gene to dominant. since autos been getting really popular the last few years with all the hybreds there is not enough stabilized hybreds out there but the over all result is way stonyer plants with the auto traits avialble today. autos come from a few places like northern siberia, iran. mexico. brazil and even in india and pakistan high mountain areas. among others. rudys /ruderalis is always an auto strain anywhere on the planet and there are dozens of diferent rudy strains from nature to choose from. getting seed banks to sell just the pure strains almost dosent exist today. but if you can aquire a low rider reg seed from somewhere even though a hybred the origin plants[ruderalis] were a very stony plant on thier own. and crossing anything better will produce a much more killer auto flower plant and all of them will have really close to the same results.

hey spring purple is a dominant trait in most autos and shows up in some hybreds but not all if you grew from seeds. and alot of times natural autos are more stony in the late veg state then in flowering when you find wild ones. most the seed banks have bred out that trait by hybreeding them with really killer strains but purple from autos dose not suprise me at all. it may well be that seed carried over the purple gene to dominant. since autos been getting really popular the last few years with all the hybreds there is not enough stabilized hybreds out there but the over all result is way stonyer plants with the auto traits avialble today. autos come from a few places like northern siberia, iran. mexico. brazil and even in india and pakistan high mountain areas. among others. rudys /ruderalis is always an auto strain anywhere on the planet and there are dozens of diferent rudy strains from nature to choose from. getting seed banks to sell just the pure strains almost dosent exist today. but if you can aquire a low rider reg seed from somewhere even though a hybred the origin plants[ruderalis] were a very stony plant on thier own. and crossing anything better will produce a much more killer auto flower plant and all of them will have really close to the same results.

Ah! Great comments on auto's!! You have captured my attention!! Not that my attention is worth catching! Makes me feel better about the purple. They have become super dark. When I get close to them I can tell that the purple fan leaves still have some energy. They do eventually yellow up? Strange.Thanks for the comments. Bring more!!! This thread is slow.

Quick update: I have been off the grid again for a bit!! I have noticed when some folks harvest they slow down here! I have!! The holidays have made life a bit more busy so Ill be back to normal soon! The bud factor has slowed me down as well. Choosing between 4 separate strains every day for smoke can take up the day!! The Auto#1 is about gone as well as the High Jack automatic! Any way enough of my BS!

I have included some random flyby pics. Sorry for the horrible quality and lack of attention with regard to entertainemt/educational quality. They both seem to be OK. I have been taking fan leaves as they yellow. The Purple on the Auto Bomb fan leaves is very dark. I have managed to keep the stems from going Purple with Bat Guano. So the Purple may be genetic? There is a great post on this thread about this. Well it at least makes sense and makes me feel better! The Auto Bomb never recovered form the top getting burned early. She wants too grow but not much yet. If I have room I will continue to veg the top. Cant hurt? Her flowers are stacked and small. The yield will still be OK without a main flower but I really was looking forward to it. They will go as long as needed. I can hardly see a trace of Trichs on either plant. So hopefully there is more time to flower.

The Big Bang is doing well. No purple leaves! The little bit of Purple on the stems stopped after the first feeding of Bat Guano. Her flowers are getting bigger and hopefully heavy! This grow ran away from me a bit. The only new technique I used was some LST. I am happy with the results so far. I think the next grow will be basic. Just some tucking and 0 fan leaf removal unless 100% needed. I may need to add more N early. The fan leaves lose their dark green color so fast. I have seen other auto's and regs stay greener much longer. NC is around in a pic!

HPIM3376.JPG
HPIM3373.JPG
HPIM3371.JPG
HPIM3368.JPG
HPIM3369.JPG
HPIM3370.JPG
HPIM3367.JPG

Looking good man! I have some auto noob to auto noob talk spring.. You know everything I did with my autos and how I still got purple leaves/stems, leaf yellowing at very early stages.. It felt like fighting everything until harvest to be honest. From deficiencies to easy burns, it's really annoying. Now to the important part, I haven't seen BPN results just yet, but so far, I have to say my autos have never been healthier. Diva and Purple Cheese are both big, leafy, and branchy, not a single yellow/purple/brown spot anywhere. Leaves are all full on green and healthy. Going into week 6 now with them, they're yielding much less bud because I gave them less light, but I can tell for sure that BPN is keeping them in tiptop condition. NONE of my previous autos remained healthy throughout. Just a thought. This is my first BPN experiment and it's proving very successful. I'm doing my next grow with bpn all the way for sure :thumb:.
I'm also digging Advanced Nutrients for my grow after that :laughtwo:, it's funny how you automatically start thinking "what's next" when you current project is dialed in.
Any thought about vegging a regular with your autos and flipping her to 12/12 after harvesting autos :)? I noticed regulars are a million fold more stable than autos + you will LOVE manipulating. You can top, lst, and play with your regular all you want while your autos finish, and then you have a 2 month vegged regular ready to produce that dank dank. I have to be honest, I LOVED my auto harvest, but it's not that dank dank I crave :(. I know I rambled a lot but I don't have a journal and I need somewhere to vent about my current projects :laughtwo:...

:passitleft:

wow, the longest it's taken me is 21 days for a bean bag. Man regulars just grow healthy, normal, and bounce back from stress provided a little extra veg time. I don't know, you know I love the autos but I think I'm turning to complete photoperiods very soon :(. LOL
I have a plan for a solid micro grow to keep my smoke on and occupy as little space in my apartment as possible. I really like my tent, but 3x5x7 is big volume to occupy. Can't have that in my room all year round :laughtwo: it's getting annoying to be honest. I don't need these huge yields anyway, just going for them for the f* of it lol..
Future plans: I already got a little 1'4"x1'4"x4' tent. I'll be keeping my mother vegging in there, and flowering clones in a 2x2 tent. This is at least 4 months from now :). I have my current grow almost dialed in, it's just a matter of time until I take the cuttings and start a journal. Just waiting for my 2 autos to finish (mid january). It should be an interesting grow, and if my dates don't shift, my buds will be fully cured right around 4/20 :grinjoint:.

Hey spring, for the DWC, you might want to consider advanced nutrients. I'm not marketing for the guys, but I noticed the pH perfect formula would be so friggin' awesome for a dwc. That means all you have to do is change the solution once a week.. no ph, no ppm's.. noob heaven! That's the only reason I'm considering AN >> dwc becomes even easier :laughtwo:

You can always buy small amounts of nutes from fleabay ;), I mean, if you don't need liters why pay for liters.. I've been doing that a lot lately. I even bought Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching in tsp's from fleabay :) Who needs a 1lb jug when all you need is 0.25tsp/gal for 3 feedings lol.. Us small growers could benifit from such stuff.

how much red lite do you use. i used more red when i was doing autos that came up purple they seemed to like it. but the rudy has many sub class strains. not all do the same. find out from the place you got them more on the traits send them an email and they will know more on your strain. i have contacted seed banks and grower banks and they almost always give ya good advice or the best knowledge of what they sold ya. they know the plant. and if ya like the high they want to know. they may give ya a private link to post too pics ect ...when i had problems with my white widows i contacked the people and they gave me very detailed info more then on the website. and i became an expert of the white widow with their knowledge and me growing alot of it. but i dont do widow any more. not a big producers for the time and effort and way better stuff out there now. it is a vary popular strain but i beleave it is for advanced experianced growers.. skunk#1 is one of the best newbie crops anyone can grow, very sturdy good yeilds resistant to alot of problems. recovers well from newbie mistakes, croses good with everything. very very fun plant to play with and learn from. and if it is a northern cal skunk/cronic. then you have bomb ass shit even the leaf gets ya stoned. and very tolerant plant.

Back
Top Bottom