Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Hey squiggy, I heard that you had some unique straws holding up some lanky little ones.
Had to take a look...sure enough pacifier's for a cuck sucker I see... :rofl:
It's about time you moved them damn heat production drivers out of the tent. Mine are in the crawl space under the house....until it gets cold. Than bring them in for the heat.

Oh, and the damage on the leaf looks like it was to wet for a period of time. Improve your airflow and rotate the plants more often...
Sorry you all lost the Soccer match....I was rootin Fer ya! :laughtwo:

Could that just be a pH hotspot in the soil causing a patchy Ca/K lock?
Anything else and it would be spreading I would have thought
That's my tuppenceworth, though the asking price is negotiable...
Howdy do.That information is definitely worth the every penny. if it was a deficiency, it could only happen with a lock out, as they have a good balanced diet of everything I believe. Thanks for contributing.
Appreciate it.

Hey squiggy, I heard that you had some unique straws holding up some lanky little ones.
Had to take a look...sure enough pacifier's for a cuck sucker I see... :rofl:
It's about time you moved them damn heat production drivers out of the tent. Mine are in the crawl space under the house....until it gets cold. Than bring them in for the heat.

Oh, and the damage on the leaf looks like it was to wet for a period of time. Improve your airflow and rotate the plants more often...
Sorry you all lost the Soccer match....I was rootin Fer ya! :laughtwo:
Howdy do mate.
Ahhh. Those straws I don't use them, honestly! :laugh:
The drivers. So it is a more common problem than I thought. It's a shame more manufacturers don't make removable ones.
Wet leave damage sounds like it could fit also. As there's always sweaty patches where too leaves sit together, I will keep an eye on things..
Thanks for popping over to check out my penis things..

Oh! The football
They have as much luck as a blind man in an arse kicking competition

Appreciate you calling in..

Howdy do folks. I need a bit of advice please.

I'm a useless plant doctor and I have an issue with the white widow. The thing that's baffled me is, this problem is only on two leaves and they are on the same branch and they are the opposing leaves. I'm not concerned at the moment. But is it the start of something or is it just a one off?
I've checked the full plant and theres not a sign of this same problem anywhere. Why just 2 leaves? This stem has just gone through a growth spurt, more than others.. anyway here's the photograph.. all help required please if you don't mind
Screenshot_20210713-194228.jpeg

Just on two leaves that are pretty high up and no older than 7 days.. just appeared over night and theres no sign of it on any other leaf or any other plant.
Thanks for taking a look..
Oh! This is what water she drinks
Screenshot_20210713-194333.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time

Squiggz
Ok you say Pre-charged soil and liquid organic nutrients when needed.
Typical nutrient schedule in soil is feed/water/feed/water with a good dry cycle in-between.
You say when needed how did you determine when needed?
And I'm sure it says somewhere but how long has she been in that soil?
Bill

Ive just had a read about them. I'm amazed. They are using them to treat depression and other mental health problems. It's amazing when you think of it. Mother nature supplies everything we need. No need for big pharma companies to make synthetic drugs that treat one symptom but cause another.. I may just give the a go. More for the giggle factor they give you :cheesygrinsmiley: thanks for pointing me in that direction
Best remedy when you need a bit of a reset from depression and what not, and even better if you are someone who suffers from cluster headaches which is the worst headache pain ever!! I plan on doing a few runs myself of the notorious golden teacher strain when I get situated in the new place.

Hey squiggles, so here’s a pic of when I open the app and how to operate lights and dimmer. Haven’t checked the timmer out yet, will do when I start my grow though. Set up my tent, light is crazy bright!

That's the 220W, correct? I have the same light sold under the MixJoy brand. As far as I can tell it's identical to the Sylstar. The timer function works just fine. The only thing I found is when in timer function and I change something sometimes I have to hit the check mark twice before it saves the new setting. Other than that it's a solid app.

That's the 220W, correct? I have the same light sold under the MixJoy brand. As far as I can tell it's identical to the Sylstar. The timer function works just fine. The only thing I found is when in timer function and I change something sometimes I have to hit the check mark twice before it saves the new setting. Other than that it's a solid app.
Mixjoy is manufacture and is sold by or under Sylstar and I have tried the timer and seems to be fine. I haven’t start my grow yet but cannot wait!

Ok you say Pre-charged soil and liquid organic nutrients when needed.
Typical nutrient schedule in soil is feed/water/feed/water with a good dry cycle in-between.
You say when needed how did you determine when needed?
And I'm sure it says somewhere but how long has she been in that soil?
Bill
Hi Bill. She's been in that soil for less than 2 weeks. When I say "when/if needed" for the feed,; I mean times like now. When the signs appear on the leaves. On her next water, she will get a good meal and then I will continue with the feeding schedule from there.
Im just curious of what the problem is caused by and why only 2 leaves on the same stem.
Thanks for popping in.

Hi Bill. She's been in that soil for less than 2 weeks. When I say "when/if needed" for the feed,; I mean times like now. When the signs appear on the leaves. On her next water, she will get a good meal and then I will continue with the feeding schedule from there.
Im just curious of what the problem is caused by and why only 2 leaves on the same stem.
Thanks for popping in.
Feed them and see if it progresses.
Don't remove the leaves.
Bill

Feed them and see if it progresses.
Don't remove the leaves.
Bill
Thanks for that.. I will do exactly that. I have just got in from work and there is only one more leaf that's showing the signs of a cal mag Def. I think it is a cal mag def anyway.. I'm wrong more times than I'm right.
Screenshot_20210714-230351.jpeg

Like I said before I'm a useless plant doctor:laugh:
I've never had this issue before. I've had hungry plants that were yellow, but none with rusty leaves..
I've always used this same compost and mineral water also.
Hopefully a good feed will sort her out. But @Growings has me thinking about the soil pH. :hmmmm:

Thing is, I don't check the pH when im just watering alone, as it's bottled water and it says it's 6.7 pH on the bottle. I remember that the bottle i watered her with was open for a few weeks. I had put it down behind a box and forgot about. Is it possible for the pH to change over time; due to the mineral content in it?
I will do a slurry test just to make sure. But also give her the first meal. The others are a really healthy green and happy, so I will leave them for now..
Thank you again for your input mate. Appreciate it

Thanks for that.. I will do exactly that. I have just got in from work and there is only one more leaf that's showing the signs of a cal mag Def. I think it is a cal mag def anyway.. I'm wrong more times than I'm right.
Screenshot_20210714-230351.jpeg

Like I said before I'm a useless plant doctor:laugh:
I've never had this issue before. I've had hungry plants that were yellow, but none with rusty leaves..
I've always used this same compost and mineral water also.
Hopefully a good feed will sort her out. But @Growings has me thinking about the soil pH. :hmmmm:

Thing is, I don't check the pH when im just watering alone, as it's bottled water and it says it's 6.7 pH on the bottle. I remember that the bottle i watered her with was open for a few weeks. I had put it down behind a box and forgot about. Is it possible for the pH to change over time; due to the mineral content in it?
I will do a slurry test just to make sure. But also give her the first meal. The others are a really healthy green and happy, so I will leave them for now..
Thank you again for your input mate. Appreciate it
Hey mate
Hope your well
PH definitely changes for me using tap water.. comes out 8.5. Left in 15ltr bottles till needed.. drops to 7.5 ish.
Temp also affects ph I believe. Although only slightly..
No help soz:) it was just something that was baffling me for awhile.. couldn’t work out why it was different ph all the time when using the same mix.
I was getting mineral water delivered, it was super chilled when it arrived @ 5.7 ph.. I’ve just read that the Ph drops as temps increase, so probably should of kept my eye on that too.
Not much, but it’s all I’ve got;)
Peace to ya

is the one leaf twisted or ripped?
Howdy do folks. I need a bit of advice please.

I'm a useless plant doctor and I have an issue with the white widow. The thing that's baffled me is, this problem is only on two leaves and they are on the same branch and they are the opposing leaves. I'm not concerned at the moment. But is it the start of something or is it just a one off?
I've checked the full plant and theres not a sign of this same problem anywhere. Why just 2 leaves? This stem has just gone through a growth spurt, more than others.. anyway here's the photograph.. all help required please if you don't mind
Screenshot_20210713-194228.jpeg

Caught up! Love the driver removal. I just got a new light from Mars and they show how to remove it. All my lights are going to have external drivers going forward.

Give the missus my hugs n' stuff. Plants look great, even with the little rusty bits.

i'd be tempted to drop ph 6.2 a few waterings(just a guess on my part), i like to vary my ph once and awhile in soil. i think cal is best absorbed at that ph. i'd heard of a boron (i think name, i google later ) defiency using bottled water low in B or opposite high in B, or maybe tap water(i think boron in tap water, i forget). it's super rare and the leaves will have fatter tips than normal, twist, curl up, rust spots, wrinkle, upper leaves. either way cal defiency or 'what ever' they all will say check and correct ph first, and don't add more nuts as go to solution.

link

cloning and topping the 1st auto
20210714_190244.jpg

20210714_190524.jpg

cloned 3, i usually just dip in cloning gel but have buddy who swears by a double dip
20210714_191507.jpg

20210714_191531.jpg

better not be a flea(hope dirt) on my clone stem, my cat is now banned from house for summer.
20210714_191750.jpg

1 dip just in rooting gel and other 2 double dip in gel & powder, see if they get roots faster.

Hey mate
Hope your well
PH definitely changes for me using tap water.. comes out 8.5. Left in 15ltr bottles till needed.. drops to 7.5 ish.
Temp also affects ph I believe. Although only slightly..
No help soz:) it was just something that was baffling me for awhile.. couldn’t work out why it was different ph all the time when using the same mix.
I was getting mineral water delivered, it was super chilled when it arrived @ 5.7 ph.. I’ve just read that the Ph drops as temps increase, so probably should of kept my eye on that too.
Not much, but it’s all I’ve got;)
Peace to ya
Howdy do Bud.

Thanks for contributing. It is actually helpful, as I didn't know any of it. So now I can do a process of elimination based on the info you have gave me.
Cool. Thanks for that mate. Really appreciate you taking the time.

Caught up! Love the driver removal. I just got a new light from Mars and they show how to remove it. All my lights are going to have external drivers going forward.

Give the missus my hugs n' stuff. Plants look great, even with the little rusty bits.
Cool. Thanks for taking the time mate.. ooooh! New light.. I will pop over and check it out.. removable drivers seems like common sense to me. Hopefully more manufacturers will catch on.. missus said Hi.. tell John we are asking after him and we hope the homegrown medication gives him the relief he deserves.. see you over on your side. Thanks again for the compliments.

i'd be tempted to drop ph 6.2 a few waterings(just a guess on my part), i like to vary my ph once and awhile in soil. i think cal is best absorbed at that ph. i'd heard of a boron (i think name, i google later ) defiency using bottled water low in B or opposite high in B, or maybe tap water(i think boron in tap water, i forget). it's super rare and the leaves will have fatter tips than normal, twist, curl up, rust spots, wrinkle, upper leaves. either way cal defiency or 'what ever' they all will say check and correct ph first, and don't add more nuts as go to solution.

link
Howdy do Amigo. That's give me some researching to do. I will take your advice and drop the pH 6.2. it's funny you should say that because I was thinking the bottled water was a tad on the high side.. just noticed your link too.I will check that out and report back
This page has turned into one of the most informative pages yet. I appreciate all the help mate and thanks everyone .. muchos grassyarse

Back
Top Bottom