Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Dolato#1 drying. I de-fan heavily first, anything with a petiole that I can get at is gone. Then I hang the plant whole to dry, and dry trim when I can get to it. I usually use a plastic cereal box, that I'll use to bring her down to 62%RH and then use glass jars. She won't put up big numbers, but they are really, really nice. Smell is changing to fruit and skunk and almost like a Chem. Taste is picking up a hashy taste that is new. Pine and berry is more prevalent as well. #2 is very different.

IMAG9483.jpg

IMAG9480.jpg
IMAG9478.jpg

Dolato#2 about to come down. Could be the better high of the two and she should double her sister in weight. She's packed in on, and filled in quite well. Smell has been muted last couple of days, I'm hoping just due to her developing. I'm thinking she'll pick up, she's just coming into the window of being ripe, so it will pick up while she drys too. Trichs are about even, clear:amber.

IMAG9449_BURST002.jpg
IMAG9471.jpg

Texberry just got a huge defol, this is her after. She's going to make some big ones.

IMAG9477.jpg

Got the next batch almost ready. I'll Veg them for another few days, then transplant, then prune and flip.

Was smoking SSSDH yesterday, fully cured. Wow. The clone really kicked in, the euphoria level was off the charts. Heart pumping, energy, huge, huge smiles.... no joke. Proper smoke/grow report coming for SSSDH, SSD, Dolato in the Strains section, I'll paste them here. :volcano-smiley:

Peace and love!

Beautiful work CS. Some really nice autumnal and purple frosting on the smaller Dolato.

Pretty mix of colors on #1. Frosty little fans make for an easy trim....unless you cut them off for extracts? #2 is also beautiful. My 1st 3 Dosido crosses showed lots of color but the latest is completely green like #2. A Square Dance....Buckeye Purple x Dosido. Thought it would be a slam dunk deeply colored plant too. Our wonderful plant has lots of surprises for us. :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Beautiful work CS. Some really nice autumnal and purple frosting on the smaller Dolato.

Translates to the flavor, and she's a bit more indica in effect. Nugs are glorious. :) :volcano-smiley:

Pretty mix of colors on #1. Frosty little fans make for an easy trim....unless you cut them off for extracts? #2 is also beautiful. My 1st 3 Dosido crosses showed lots of color but the latest is completely green like #2. A Square Dance....Buckeye Purple x Dosido. Thought it would be a slam dunk deeply colored plant too. Our wonderful plant has lots of surprises for us. :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

I do like the surprises. I do like the color too. Can't articulate exactly why, in any way that makes sense. If it helps any, the effect on #2 is likely the better of the two - more in balance. Flavor and appeal for #1, Yeild & high for #2. Sorta simple, but both have their attributes, so both might be around for a bit. #2 for certain, although she's not liking being mothered too much. I think she'll like coco better, and I'm getting more proficient with it, we'll see. :Namaste:

Top shelf buds my brother. So pretty. The Texberry don't mess around. Texas size buds for ya ,I hope.

She's doing great. She's really reaching into that pot. :) I like me some blueberry buds

----------------------------------------------------

Harvest Dolato#2 Dolato2 init 2/27 Flower 3/5, Harvest 5/2 - 63 days flower

She'll put up better numbers for sure, but is it the better pheno? Just might be. She's got more vibrancy so far, let's see how it all cures up. Have to run the clones to see what happens there too. Very likable strain so far. Smoke is strong. Fun testing. :volcano-smiley:

IMAG9511.jpg
IMAG9516.jpg
IMAG9520.jpg
IMAG9522.jpg
IMAG9533.jpg
IMAG9517.jpg
IMAG9544.jpg
IMAG9542.jpg
IMAG9536.jpg

Harvest - Dolato1 Twelves-2/29 Flower 3/7 Harvest 4/26 56 days of 12s.

She's a sexy ass lady for sure. :circle-of-love:
Not sort, no filter... lots of pics. I tried to get the color to come out, so there's a few pics of each thing, and a couple with flash.

IMAG9419.jpg
IMAG93541.jpg
IMAG9357.jpg
IMAG9371.jpg
IMAG9370.jpg
IMAG9412.jpg
IMAG9404.jpg
IMAG9388.jpg
IMAG9353.jpg
IMAG9343.jpg
IMAG9347.jpg
IMAG9351.jpg
IMAG9377.jpg
IMAG9381.jpg
IMAG9372.jpg
IMAG9382.jpg
IMAG9384.jpg
IMAG9389.jpg
IMAG9393.jpg
IMAG9398.jpg
IMAG9399.jpg
IMAG9406.jpg
IMAG9407.jpg
IMAG9415.jpg
IMAG94261.jpg
IMAG9429.jpg
IMAG9420.jpg
IMAG9434.jpg
IMAG9414.jpg

Peace and love y'all! :circle-of-love:

Beautiful plants. Beautiful photos. Amazing work! .

Beautiful plants. Beautiful photos. Amazing work! .

Thank you brother, the winds were favorable, and I caught some nice beans. :Namaste: Some legit genetics for sure. Smoking those buds right now. :volcano-smiley: Packs a punch for sure. Lots of energy of front, big rush like a Diesel, with similar euphoria levels, and it develops into a nice stone. All subject to change, she's not cured yet. Testing :roorrip:

OK, so we got a new camera finally. :cheer: Nikon d5500 :)

Still learning the settings, but here is the maiden run.

Dolato is killing it in the house. Potent, but not crazy strong - it's very enjoyable. The SSD & SSSDH will hit harder, and so will about half of my current keeper strains. That's not what I really metric for though, as most know. I'm looking for balance and an exceptionaly vibrant and engaging effect.

She's got that pretty well handled. The bigger pheno is more UP, so I'm getting the best of both worlds with the pair.

Going to change out a few things in the main tent today, transplant the new girls into 7 gals, and jar up Dolato#2.

Texberry is starting to really bulk up... I'll get some shots of her too. Lots of similar shots here....seeing how they render when compressed here.

Dolato#1 before the trim
DSC_007545.jpg
DSC_005462.jpg
DSC_005346.jpg

After a quick trim down.

Dolato#1

DSC_007341.jpg
DSC_006452.jpg
DSC_006942.JPG
DSC_006247.jpg
DSC_006046.jpg

And the less frosty & colorful, but much loved Dolato#2 pheno....

DSC_008358.jpg

Peace and love from Boston.

Beautiful furry buds you have there. Certainly looks like some powerful smoke.

Congrats on another fine harvest. Buds are about as pretty as they get....very nicely done. Exceptional frost coat. Nice new camera pics....did you buy a macro lens as well?

Been meaning to ask your opinion about Boston based breeder Green Team. Got a couple freebies....Eastbound x Astrodawg. My kind of genetics! Also bought a few MassMedicalStrains Prayer Pupil. Thought I see what you've heard or think of these two breeders since local to you.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Beautiful furry buds you have there. Certainly looks like some powerful smoke.

Enjoying them now, and they are real nice. There's more indica in there that I thought, it's still coming together though. Lots of frost, and has great kick. She's not the strongest I've had lately, but that could change I suppose in the next couple weeks while she finishes curing. Nice initial launch, then a buzz, and liquid type stone. Pushed forward in space a bit. Good stuff. :volcano-smiley:
Gorgeous plants as usual Staker, everything looks primo :thumb:

I won't lie, it's adult Willy Wonka around here, always new strains cooking up, and passing through. I'm forever spoiled smoking some of this stuff, and truly grateful to be able to grow them in relative peace. Dolato is still reeking up the house, so it's pretty much weed world these few weeks of harvests. :Namaste:

Congrats on another fine harvest. Buds are about as pretty as they get....very nicely done. Exceptional frost coat. Nice new camera pics....did you buy a macro lens as well?

Been meaning to ask your opinion about Boston based breeder Green Team. Got a couple freebies....Eastbound x Astrodawg. My kind of genetics! Also bought a few MassMedicalStrains Prayer Pupil. Thought I see what you've heard or think of these two breeders since local to you.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Thank you my friend. No on the macro, I was maxing out that lens, and I'll have to get better with it. I don't usually go searching for buds to shoot. Those Dolato buds were just what was on top. An average representation of the bud. The #1's were all pretty small, but dense and greasy. :thumb: I think I got them pulled right respectively. Thanks for the heads up the timing, I was watching them like a hawk. I did get a couple of yellow sacs on the downlows, they were the smallest I'd ever seen. They got past me. Haven't seen any seeds anywhere in a long time.

OK, the story. I never wanted to share this cause... I get some adverse attention here and there. Anyway, the NOTY 14, was a bud left out to dry and smoke, but that I fell on the floor somewhere. I kicked it, and it rolled out from under the dresser. Instead of smoking it, I put in on the orchid leaf to test the light by the window, as I was planning on entering something. Viola... NOTY 2104 :) :)

I don't know of these breeders...but probably should.... kind sir. :Namaste:

The under the dresser nug won nug of the year. Lol, awesome story.. There must be Garden Knomes living under your dresser.... well played my friend.:bravo: Beautiful nug shots and they look like some killer buds. Lots of jar appeal because I dont like bags and congrats on getting me interested in IHG... I finally found a Dosido cross I couldn't live with out.:thumb: Now im just waiting on the mail man.. What strain? It's a suprise... :Namaste:

The under the dresser nug won nug of the year. Lol, awesome story.. There must be Garden Knomes living under your dresser.... well played my friend.:bravo: Beautiful nug shots and they look like some killer buds. Lots of jar appeal because I dont like bags and congrats on getting me interested in IHG... I finally found a Dosido cross I couldn't live with out.:thumb: Now im just waiting on the mail man.. What strain? It's a suprise... :Namaste:

The bud really are pretty nice. Smell is getting that ever permeating undercurrent of skunky smoky death. :love:

Glad to pass it on, Brightlight put me in the know. Can't wait to see what you get. I'll probably have a couple coming up later this year if all goes well. :high-five:

Grinding up some nugs......Dolato mixed with some SSSDH is pretty brilliant...:volcano-smiley:

Beautiful array of Nugs my friend. Looks to be a nug of the year 2017? Make it a perfect 3 for 3 :) Don't think I haven't noticed.

Nice work with the camera. I'm sure they look even better on your computer. I seem to lose a lot of sharpness and clarity when I upload to the site.

Thanks Smiles :Namaste: I'm kinda shocked that the batting average is so good. I've not entered since 15, but maybe I should. I can feel the love already lol. :)

This place probably has more pics than any other Canna site on the web as far as I can guess, and so I'm guessing they have to compress a bit, I just recently noticed how much though.

As of recently, if I have a plant that was just spectacular, I post my best pic or two on their own site, or where they hang, as a thank you. So, I've done some side by side of the same photo posted elsewhere a couple of times, and there's a fair bit left on the table. :reading420magazine: Oh well.

Edit: I'm going to try to compress on my end, so it will be about native size - should scale better.

I'll get better though with workarounds. I've been using a crappy 3 year old HTC M8 (horrid photos) cell phone to take them, thank god that's over. Good to have you back brother. :high-five: Oh, thinking about brewing up some proper tea this round, thought you might like that. :)

Yeah, I'm sure they get thousands of pics uploaded per day which would add up quickly. I started noticing the degraded pics early 2016. I started cropping, resizing, using different image file types to bring down my 16 mb pics to less than 1 but nothing seemed to work. I'll give it another go soon. Maybe its posted somewhere on the site to get the most out of your uploads.

Speaking of teas I just doused my girls in some. They just respond so well to it and can't get enough like me with a an Orange Julius original at hand. Life doesn't get any better :laughtwo: I would do it weekly if I could but that's probably over kill.

Yeah, I'm sure they get thousands of pics uploaded per day which would add up quickly. I started noticing the degraded pics early 2016. I started cropping, resizing, using different image file types to bring down my 16 mb pics to less than 1 but nothing seemed to work. I'll give it another go soon. Maybe its posted somewhere on the site to get the most out of your uploads.

Speaking of teas I just doused my girls in some. They just respond so well to it and can't get enough like me with a an Orange Julius original at hand. Life doesn't get any better :laughtwo: I would do it weekly if I could but that's probably over kill.

Great info, I'll skip trying what you already have. I'll just crop like crazy, and if the trichomes look like minecraft then so be it. Test shots following, come on....show me those naughty bits lol :) :cheer:

Dolato#2 green pheno - she is quite something, might even be better flavor than #1, like a sour. I could swear there is some Chem in these plants. It has the same nose of dankness....don't think I've smelled it on a non Chem cross. Growing up in MA, you got used to the smell of Chem vs non-Chem based weed. Chem was the dank, and then there was everything else for the plebs. :)

She makes these small triangle floral clusters that build her buds. The biggest buds on her will have many tens of these, and the smaller just a few. This is broken off from a medium sized bud...

DSC_008452.jpg

Dolato#1

I started smoking this bud, from the bottom, so it was the only one I had trimmed...probably the same bud from the last round. These are getting a bit better in photo quality I'm hoping.

Dense buds, wet forever, stanky, and hits hard. More indica than I'm used to, but I'm liking it. Seems to still be changing, maybe because it took literally forever to dry. She's probably in the top 5 of the frostiest plants I've had.

DSC_008850.jpg
DSC_008545.jpg
DSC_008952.jpg

Seeing them now...just imagine that they are sharper lol. On my end, the last pic is pretty ridiculous.

Still looks pretty nice though. :love:

Looks like a tighter crop will work better.... yup, quite a bit better. :cheer: Now we're cooking. Going to get some shots of the beastberry from TX.

DSC_0084_2.jpg
DSC_0089_2.jpg

I haven't had anything more than a point and shoot for 30 years, so I'm really enjoying the camera. Now.....back to the weed. :circle-of-love: Hows my trichs yo....#1 looks like it will cure to about peak potency to me, and #2 looks a good bit more amber than at pull, although I planned for some. Still looks about where I like it, but I might try an earlier pull on #2 pheno next time to see what changes it brings. #1 I might let go longer, again to see what changes. Just by about 5-7 days.

Peace and love y'all.

Back
Top Bottom