Stealth Deep Water Culture Grow Journal HPS 150w + 4 23w CFLS Closet

The water pump with the feeder tubes need to run 24/7, should just be a dribble coming from the bottom of the net cups. Don't want to over water the rockwool. The feeder tubes should be butt into the rockwool half way or 2/3 the way down the cube, make the roots go after the water and grow down. When the roots get 2-3" INTO the res water you can take the pump out. Do whatever it takes to keep your res temps down to 70° or less. Raise the res up off the floor to get air flow under it, put a fan on it, put ice packs around the outside of it, anything you can think of to keep the temps down.

The water pump with the feeder tubes need to run 24/7, should just be a dribble coming from the bottom of the net cups. Don't want to over water the rockwool. The feeder tubes should be butt into the rockwool half way or 2/3 the way down the cube, make the roots go after the water and grow down. When the roots get 2-3" INTO the res water you can take the pump out.

ohh ok i get it now .. and it is a dribble on both net cups .. what do i do with the other feeding tube just let them lay in water or put them in there net cups ? (only growing 2 plants)

Watch the video on the Stealth Hydro Website and see how the water dribbles out the bottom of the net cups. You don't want to over soak the rockwool cubes.

Watch the video on the Stealth Hydro Website and see how the water dribbles out the bottom of the net cups. You don't want to over soak the rockwool cubes.

Thanks for jumping in Green, I had a little too much fun last night!

I wouldn't worry about having too much water pouring into the sides of the rockwool, I've never worried too much about, I've always had a pretty hard flow and it didn't hurt any. Too little is more what I worry about.

Update Day 4 of seedling .. first off thanks for all the help bubbleshead ..i know i would of never gotten this close with out this website :cool:

first update i put a table inside the closet for the res ..

table_holding_the_res.jpg

i hung my air pumps high

air_pumps.jpg

as you can see alot of space on the bottom ,better air flow

right_side_humdifier.jpg

First Seed :)

first_seed.jpg

2nd Seed :)

2nd_seed.jpg

temps are 72 - 74 most of the times ... 75- 77f be the highest .. the RH is 69% .. btw ..i turn on my 150 hps in the night time since its colder .. still in need of that exhaust so i can just close the closet .. i mean even though it dont bother me .. let me know what you guys think ..

Just an idea, a couple of 2x4's under the res would probably work just as good for air flow without losing any grow height. Plus heat rises, so the lower your res is in the room the better IMO. Keep up the good work my man, you are on your way.

Just an idea, a couple of 2x4's under the res would probably work just as good for air flow without losing any grow height. Plus heat rises, so the lower your res is in the room the better IMO. Keep up the good work my man, you are on your way.

thanks man and yea you right water temp inside went up to 75 =/ good thing there isnt no nutes in yet .. i guess i should take out that table .. can i top the res right now with just with sum cool ph water?

also .. what else can i do to keep the res cool ? ..i just place a antec computer fan on top of a net cup sucker air out .. its a very light fan but hopefully it does sumthing lol..

quick update both seedling are officially out .. also tomorrow there is a chance i could get the inline fan so hopefully .. here they are

0519101637.jpg

second one

0519102132a.jpg

You can top with plain ph'd water. Their should be any nutes in there now. Later on we can work on adding as the plant matures. Later, if the plant is eating well your add water should be at the same nute level as your res. If it starts to slow down eating or taking up water I have found it best as a first reaction to add plain ph'd water. The slow down always tells me that it is close to getting full and I suspect that is why the slightly lower nute level is beneficial.

As far as colling the res. Up on blocks on the table would be my first move. When you come close to to max onthe light while the table is there just take the table out then and lower the lights to the same distance while is sits on the floor up on blocks.

I have found that using bags of frozen veggies ( I use Peas) taped to the outside fo the res help alot. I will strap them on during the hottest part of the day (one on each side of the res) but them again I'm here all day and can do that sort of thing. It's not so much that it touches 72+ it's that it stays there for long enough for something to get started. It can hang around low 70's most of the day but as long as it get's into the 60's at night everything stays good.

Another thing that helps res temps or at least the roots ability to handle it is some Cannazyme, Sensizyme or Hygrozyme (from here on out refered to as the "zymes" Varios manufacturer's, pretty much the same product - I buy what's on sale). It's a root enzyme that disolves any dead root material and turns it back into usable nutes for the plants. If dead can't get started it's can't grow. I use 1/2 the recommended dose with every res change as a preventative. There are also some other enzymes in it to assist in uptake of nutes.

Never did try a computer fan sucking air out of the res pointed up but it could be beneficial. That's one of those things you have to try with and without for a couple of hours to test.

I think the inline will help you lower your ambient room temp and that will help also. It all about how your room is set up and for me a fun version of trial and error but now at least you have some options. When they are little like that with little or no root system then the res temp doesn't matter as much so you have time to fiddle with it. I call it getting your room tuned in. Part of every growers learning experience.

You can top with plain ph'd water. Their should be any nutes in there now. Later on we can work on adding as the plant matures. Later, if the plant is eating well your add water should be at the same nute level as your res. If it starts to slow down eating or taking up water I have found it best as a first reaction to add plain ph'd water. The slow down always tells me that it is close to getting full and I suspect that is why the slightly lower nute level is beneficial.

As far as colling the res. Up on blocks on the table would be my first move. When you come close to to max onthe light while the table is there just take the table out then and lower the lights to the same distance while is sits on the floor up on blocks.

I have found that using bags of frozen veggies ( I use Peas) taped to the outside fo the res help alot. I will strap them on during the hottest part of the day (one on each side of the res) but them again I'm here all day and can do that sort of thing. It's not so much that it touches 72+ it's that it stays there for long enough for something to get started. It can hang around low 70's most of the day but as long as it get's into the 60's at night everything stays good.

Another thing that helps res temps or at least the roots ability to handle it is some Cannazyme, Sensizyme or Hygrozyme (from here on out refered to as the "zymes" Varios manufacturer's, pretty much the same product - I buy what's on sale). It's a root enzyme that disolves any dead root material and turns it back into usable nutes for the plants. If dead can't get started it's can't grow. I use 1/2 the recommended dose with every res change as a preventative. There are also some other enzymes in it to assist in uptake of nutes.

Never did try a computer fan sucking air out of the res pointed up but it could be beneficial. That's one of those things you have to try with and without for a couple of hours to test.

I think the inline will help you lower your ambient room temp and that will help also. It all about how your room is set up and for me a fun version of trial and error but now at least you have some options. When they are little like that with little or no root system then the res temp doesn't matter as much so you have time to fiddle with it. I call it getting your room tuned in. Part of every growers learning experience.

thanks for every word you said lol .. no lie, i thought of the veggie bags too didnt think of taping it to the side though lol you mean the side where it has the bubble ponic logo at ? .. and right now its at 72f so im guessin the fan drop it 1-2 degree .. its with a weak ac adapter so could be better .. thanks for the advice .. ima just get ice packs and tape 2 or 3 (not now later on incase i get into problem since summer around the corner =/) .. but thanks i REALLY appreciate it .. i try to find people out here who grow in ny but never could ..

I'm midwest and had to deal with heat issues a lot when I started too. Yep, I put one on the logo side about 1/2 way down so I know it lower than the top water level and one on the other side. I'm thinking of making little hammocks for them out of some cargo netting I very seldom use in the trunk of my car.

I have one of those ac connected 4" computer fans. I use it to blow the plants around when they get big enough. I start it pretty far away and work it closer as the plant get bigger. That movement helps the plants grow thicker and thicker stems can hold bigger bud. I hang mine from a string and just let if move around at will. Best position height wise is between your light and the tops of the plants. My 4 week in flower grow looks like it's doing the hula!

great info on the "zymes". i havent restocked nutes in a while this may go on the list. im just waiting for advanced to finish changing things around and have all the up to date things on the shelf at the shop i go to. hes like in bed with advanced, i love it!! im liking some of the things there coming out with, like there "badass" actual name line of products. the blowers/fans they have out caught my eye, there 6 inch is like 7-800cfm and only draws 60w of power. may just do the trick for two hoods. sorry to go off topic things are looking good keep it up cuz things will start to go fast now.

lol its cool man im just glad people are here in my journal :) .. quick pic update of my babies
you can see the lil computer fan on the next next net cup

0520101429a.jpg

the other one ..

0520101429.jpg

Good point Joe, Looks like that fan covers enough with the flat front and grill work with the blades spinning but it is something to watch. Junmr2, grab a bottle of H2o2 ( hydrogen peroxide - 3% available an any grocery/drug store - less than $2 a bottle) just in case something shows up.

Plants are working on their first seet of real leaves. Good progress and perfectly normal. No nutes until you see another set above the ones forming now. Roots are like the mouth of the plant and we need it to finish chewing it's food that was in the seed itself before giving it another "bite".

Back
Top Bottom