Stealth Deep Water Culture Grow Journal HPS 150w + 4 23w CFLS Closet

With the fan, you just want to be sure it's not allowing light into your res. Thought it was worth mentioning. :cool:

its not .. i cover it and made a lil hole and just place the fan to cover the hole ..

Good point Joe, Looks like that fan covers enough with the flat front and grill work with the blades spinning but it is something to watch. Junmr2, grab a bottle of H2o2 ( hydrogen peroxide - 3% available an any grocery/drug store - less than $2 a bottle) just in case something shows up.

Plants are working on their first seet of real leaves. Good progress and perfectly normal. No nutes until you see another set above the ones forming now. Roots are like the mouth of the plant and we need it to finish chewing it's food that was in the seed itself before giving it another "bite".

i actually already have some , not a full bottle though .. and i know they are gonna want to eat soon .. thing is with nutes i dont have a tds and for my ph i only have the test strip .. but i think i should be fine .. i will get them down the line if i really need it .. .. as for my nutes im using the 3 stage GH nutes

I have some experience with those nutes. Used them for about 6 grows. Run your nutes at 3/4 the bottle recommended dosage and it will keep you on the safe side as far as PPM. The plants will tell you if they need more.

As far as PH, test strips should be fine for a first grow. You will feel the need to keep checking but try to limit the test to once a day. I like to do it in the morning. Plants can eat a lot at night sometimes and that can raise the ph about .1-.4 from my experience depending on what the plants are eating.

I have some experience with those nutes. Used them for about 6 grows. Run your nutes at 3/4 the bottle recommended dosage and it will keep you on the safe side as far as PPM. The plants will tell you if they need more.

As far as PH, test strips should be fine for a first grow. You will feel the need to keep checking but try to limit the test to once a day. I like to do it in the morning. Plants can eat a lot at night sometimes and that can raise the ph about .1-.4 from my experience depending on what the plants are eating.

thanks for the advice man ..im saving this ..lol the only thing im a lil confuse about is when i have to top off the res ..how much nutes n what ph should it be and when should i do it ? .. it depends on the ph in my res .. am i right?

Yes, I assume you have your tank marked at the 6 gallon fill level. When the plants get bigger and start actually drinking a decent quanity then if they drink more than a 1/2 gallon or so I refill with tank equivalent ph'd water that is nuted to the same level as my res.

This is also an opportunity to adjust the nute level in the tank. If they show any signs of a nute overload (spotted leaves and a sort of droopy and dull look on mature fan leaves) then you can adjust it slightly down by adding just PH'd water.

Yes, I assume you have your tank marked at the 6 gallon fill level. When the plants get bigger and start actually drinking a decent quanity then if they drink more than a 1/2 gallon or so I refill with tank equivalent ph'd water that is nuted to the same level as my res.

This is also an opportunity to adjust the nute level in the tank. If they show any signs of a nute overload (spotted leaves and a sort of droopy and dull look on mature fan leaves) then you can adjust it slightly down by adding just PH'd water.

yea i do have my tank mark .. and ok u made it sound nice and simple .. was gonna buy some ice packs and have em ready for later incase res temps gets to high when i start puttin nutes in .. i will just tape it to the side of the tank ..

hey big update !! .. i went to home depot today and got a 6inch exhaust fan 250 cfm , so far im very happy with it , now i can close one end of the closet and leave just one side crack .. also took my bucket down from that table .. realize that it made the water hotter so put it on the floor .. working on getting a isolating fan that moves left to right .. and also got 2 26w 5k .. so now its like a total of 104 w of 5k .. trying to get things done better :) .. here is pictures of my babies ..

day 6 Seedling - 1st

0521102231a.jpg

2nd one -

0521102231.jpg

got a question .. i got 3 gallons in there just tap water .. when i add nutes its 1/4 ,i know this .. but is it 1/4 per gallon ? and if so how many gallons is it just 3 or the whole 6 gallons? .. this is where i get confuse about the nutes =/ .. thanks in advance :smokin:

here is a picture of my exhaust , incase some of yall want to see it

0521102150.jpg

Should be plenty with cfl's. You need one fan in and one fan out and one to move the air around.

i know .. i have 2 fans inside circulating air and one of those fan are pulling in some cool air because i got a side of the closet crack .. i will get the intake fan a lil later .. i got a question about nutes.. when i first apply 1/4 of nutes .. is it per gallon ?

Yes on the Gh line it is 1/4 tsp of Grow,Micro & Bloom per gallon. 6 gal res= 1 1/2 tsp or about 7.5 ml of each per tank to dose at 1/4 strength. Ok thanks for clearing it up .. I wanted to know cause I know it. Gonna be soon when these baby gonna want food

lmao im learning .. never had patience but its never to late to start lol :)

looking at the latest pics they wont need nutes yet for another week, there still little things. i dont start feeding untill i see a developed 5 finger leaf, or when i start to see the first single finger leaf start to turn light green to yellow.

then i know the plant is looking for food and i wont have to worry about over feeding, ill start with half strength for about 3 to 4 days then ill dose it up to normal if the plants are showing no signs of burn.

looking at the latest pics they wont need nutes yet for another week, there still little things. i dont start feeding untill i see a developed 5 finger leaf, or when i start to see the first single finger leaf start to turn light green to yellow.

then i know the plant is looking for food and i wont have to worry about over feeding, ill start with half strength for about 3 to 4 days then ill dose it up to normal if the plants are showing no signs of burn.

i know funny my brother said the same thing .. they still working on their first set of leafs .. thanks for the info man .. do you have a grow in progress as well?

thought u guys might wanna see how my babies are doing .. day 8 of seedling

0523101837a.jpg

2nd 1

0523101837.jpg

Back
Top Bottom