Stealth Tire Grow

How bout turning that engine block sitting next to it into a cloner? Or run water through it instead of oil, pull out those pistons, and shove plants down in each cylinder and hide it all under the hood! Now that'll gitcha a few more plusses from me Bro. Keep up the great work! :Rasta: :goodjob:

on a serious note, I was thinking about ventilation too... If those tires were sitting on some sort of pallet, or rolly cart, you could cut intake vents with filters on the bottom of that, to remain stealth... Just a thought cause I cant see how you have it set up now. :peace:

8-30-09 Update on Heat! With 7 x 23W 6500k CFL's it was 32 degrees 55% humidity this morning, plants looked good and healthy. They are sucking in the Water though!

The Exhaust fan is on the Floor outside the Grow Room on the bottom, Inlet's are on the Top (2.5" Round Hole Saw Cut) with Filter Foam stuffed in! No light comes out and filtered Air Goes into Chamber! The inlets need to be on the Bottom and Exhaust on Top for best heat removal performance, but the Fan on the bottom helps conceal the SLIGHT noise of it!

Smell? I have Ucalyptis Oil mixed with Water to dilute! I spray the inlet Filters and the whole shop smells like Menthol! :)

Heat has to come down for sure! Rotating the Frozen Milk Jugs from Shop Freezer to Tea Room to Freezer will keep it at 28 degrees with 7 bulbs, just a PITA to keep them rotated out, and adds water to the chamber as a down side!

TEC's will NOT Cool the Chamber without LOUD Fans on Top of Heat Sinks outside of the STG Room! So I am not running them!

Stealth? UPS Man walks right past it 3 or 4 times a week, hasn't said anything or even acted like anything is amiss, and my best buddy grabs bolts and tools all around it, and hasn't spotted it yet, not that it's a big deal if he does, mainly not telling him, to see how good the Stealth really is! H and I e have spent SEVERAL Weekends in the Shop working as well!

If you think about it, if you lived in a Place and Had an old Car out behind the Shop, rip out the interior, black out the windows, run an underground extension cord out to it, use the Dash Heater/A/C Fan as your exhaust system, lock the Doors and forgt it!

STG

Tea_Room_Mom_8-26-09.jpg

This Plant is oldest! it's actually 47 days old, 21 were spent in the yard doing nothing! It's the same seeds aas are all the rest!

STG

Tea_Room_2093c.jpg

Here's a good shot of the lid, Vent hole between the 2 TEC's, and another Vent 2.5" behind it!

Center vent hole allows the Air drawn in from the Exhaust fan on the Bottom, to an Aluminum HeatSink deflecting light, and a cooling effect as air is drawn across the heatsink! Small, but there, insulated from lamp Heat with AutoShade airlock Mylar.

STG

Tea_Room_2092c.jpg

Here's one of the STG Room. NOTE: beside the Radio is a Milk jug and Dr Pepper Bottle Taped together with yellow Lines, it's marked Brake Fluid! That is a Co2 Generator. Water Sugar and yeast, fermints in the jug, burps out to the 3/4 full Dr Pepper bottle of high strength Ucalyptus/water mixture, line from jug is below the water level in the Dr Pepper bottle, so when the jug burps CO2 is pump thru the Uca/water mixture and takes that smell with it into the grow chamber!

I need a On/off cycle timer for 30off/5on, that kills the Fans for say 5 mins, while the valve on the CO2 Generator opens to allow Stored Co2 into the Chamber. As it is now it just continouslly pumps Co2 into the Chamber! Problem is not knowing the Time the Jug Exceeds Lid holding Capacity, and BOOM! Big Mess!

STG

8-30-09 Update on Heat! With 7 x 23W 6500k CFL's it was 32 degrees 55% humidity this morning, plants looked good and healthy. They are sucking in the Water though!

The Exhaust fan is on the Floor outside the Grow Room on the bottom, Inlet's are on the Top (2.5" Round Hole Saw Cut) with Filter Foam stuffed in! No light comes out and filtered Air Goes into Chamber! The inlets need to be on the Bottom and Exhaust on Top for best heat removal performance, but the Fan on the bottom helps conceal the SLIGHT noise of it!

Smell? I have Ucalyptis Oil mixed with Water to dilute! I spray the inlet Filters and the whole shop smells like Menthol! :)

Heat has to come down for sure! Rotating the Frozen Milk Jugs from Shop Freezer to Tea Room to Freezer will keep it at 28 degrees with 7 bulbs, just a PITA to keep them rotated out, and adds water to the chamber as a down side!

TEC's will NOT Cool the Chamber without LOUD Fans on Top of Heat Sinks outside of the STG Room! So I am not running them!

Stealth? UPS Man walks right past it 3 or 4 times a week, hasn't said anything or even acted like anything is amiss, and my best buddy grabs bolts and tools all around it, and hasn't spotted it yet, not that it's a big deal if he does, mainly not telling him, to see how good the Stealth really is! H and I e have spent SEVERAL Weekends in the Shop working as well!

If you think about it, if you lived in a Place and Had an old Car out behind the Shop, rip out the interior, black out the windows, run an underground extension cord out to it, use the Dash Heater/A/C Fan as your exhaust system, lock the Doors and forgt it!

STG

I like the concept. Well thought out. I can see how u've created air flow and exhaust simply.About the eucalyptus oil. Du u plan on spraying once they stat to bud? I'm wondering how this will affect taste and smell. And are these the tires beneath the shelf of in front? I'm asking because i was wondering if they were stacked in a place where they could get knocked over.

Tea_Room_2089c.jpg

My Water source! 5gals in 5 mins on a good down pour, it's ph neutral with MAYBE a little nuits as the water is blackish fom being filtered thru all the Decaying Leaves, keep 15 gals on hand! Roof Top is a Shed 28' x 12' so it collects lots of water quickly.

The water falls off the back into a gutter, that collects it in the Yellow Bucket!

Tea_Room_2088c.jpg

Tea_Room_2090c.jpg

yeah I would kick your lights over to 12/12 if I were you so your plants don't get too big. I would have to say at almost 50 days you should be seeing sex on your biggest one. You see male or female?? I'm anxious to say the least :popcorn:

And the fact that two people haven't noticed anything right in front of it, would say you have the stealth end covered, heh heh great work buddy! :goodjob:

Hey BWC:

It's on Wheels, it stays under the Bench when not being serviced, like the photo below! When I want to work I just pull it out.

Uca spray during budding? I'm not sure yet, I use a Uca/Water mixture in my Bong Water Now! So just going to play that one by ear! I'm doing lots of experimenting even on this first batch!

STG room is much heavier than you think, it probablly weighs 150lbs, as the SUV tires are massive, and heavy! One good thing about this you can size them down to 20" Car Tires and Possibly use 4 tires for about the same height! The Grow Room has 34" of usable Vertical height, and 30" in usable ID.

STG

Tea_Room_2091c.jpg

Hey Guys:

only 1 plant is that old, the others were Germed and planted on the 8/12 they are kicking it though, will do some New Photo's tomorrow! I'm 95% sure the Oldest is a Girl! :) Has the hairs and no COD Sacks I can see!

They are on 20/4 cycle now! Not to worried about the Height at the moment as the NODE spacing is EXTREMELY Close in my opinion with the lights I have on them they are not streaching hardly at all. This may change not sure!

They have been Topped, at the 4th node, and now every node below is seeing tremendous new growth at every node/stalk junction! The Fan leaves at the 4th Node are not growing that much to be bushy? Any suggestions?

STG

Keep in mind they'll stretch 2 or 3 times their height by the end of flower. I started flowering on this crop when the plants averaged 8 inches or so and the tallest is about 28 inches and the shortest is about 18. As far as the bushiness, how well is your fan pushing the air around in there? You can start LSTing them to create more bud sites than topping really would.

Hey Deadtour:

Good info on the Flowering strech! The Juviniles are only 4" tall or So right now! I may pull Old Girl and stick her back in the Yard when i start Flowering the Juviniles!

Fan is on High, and moves the plants 1/2" back and forth! Stalks are probably to big honestly, LSTing them will expose the lower growth that is going nuts since topping the Juviniles! Pictures tomorrow!

STG

Tea_Room_2098c.jpg

Old Girl has 6 big bud ARMS: It is not Growing like the Rest of the Juviniles are! It is a Much older plant too!

Tea_Room_2096c.jpg

Juvinile #1 is 19 Days old from Germinated Seed showing thru Ground! she was Fimmed not Topped like the rest of the Juviniles!

Tea_Room_2095c.jpg

Juvinile #2 is 19 Days old from Germinated Seed showing thru Ground!

Tea_Room_2094c.jpg

Juvinile #3 is 19 Days old from Germinated Seed showing thru Ground!

Rotating in and Out the 1 Gallon Frozen Milk Jugs is holding Temps at 28c Degrees with the 7 bulbs @ 6500k 23W.

Also I was Feeding the Plants foliage Feed and you can see some of the nitrogen Burn on the leaves, so I stopped feeding thru the leaves!

Back
Top Bottom