Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

My apologies to Grow Stealth LED, there is a site that is almost a copy of their site, right down to the logo, I didn't notice it until I was searching for the Quantum lite. Be sure you double check to make sure you're on the right site before you buy!

You are correct on the specs. 288 LEDs (same as Advanced).

So the 600 from GSL and the 360 from Advanced both use 288 3 w chips, the GSL draws 550 watts, the the Advanced draws 360 watts. The difference is in how hard they drive the chips. In theory, both companies could push them to their max of 864 watts, but that would shorten the life of the unit.

Advanced has 11 bandwidths with no white LEDs, GSL has 5 bandwidths with white. A lot of debate about the number of bandwidths and whether or not white is beneficial. I am not going to jump into that fray because I don't have empirical data one way or the other.

The bottom line is that both are GREAT units, both have great warranties and customer support. Either way you decide, you're going to be happy!

That other site looks very similar and their logo looks almost identical to yours. They even name their units similar to mislead buyers. Again a thousand apologies!

Thanks Steveman, no prob on the info, crazy how they are trying to copy his site. Must be a great product then! lol I am going to try the GS Pro for the green light and the extra wattage. It says that it helps and bulks up the bud, I will try it. I will only get the 1 for now until I know for sure.

Again thanks for the help and the kick in the butt to make me upgrade. I hope this fixes my heat issues. :Namaste:

Thanks Steveman, no prob on the info, crazy how they are trying to copy his site. Must be a great product then! lol I am going to try the GS Pro for the green light and the extra wattage. It says that it helps and bulks up the bud, I will try it. I will only get the 1 for now until I know for sure.

Again thanks for the help and the kick in the butt to make me upgrade. I hope this fixes my heat issues. :Namaste:
I know you'll like the light. Like I said, they are both going to be a great products. And since I haven't done a direct comparison with an Advanced vs. a GSL I can only comment on the effectiveness of the Advanced and the other lights I own (that are now sitting on the floor of a closet). My next grow will be another Advanced grow, but just comparing their products against each other for affects of height above canopy to dial in the best yield.

One other thing to consider with the increased power consumption is higher heat and shorter lifespan on the chips. Also, you are using 200w more per light to drive the same number of LEDs.

I have the temp readings from the face of the three I have (posted earlier), maybe we can get JZ to take a reading off the front of his.

One other thing to consider with the increased power consumption is higher heat and shorter lifespan on the chips. Also, you are using 200w more per light to drive the same number of LEDs.

I have the temp readings from the face of the three I have (posted earlier), maybe we can get JZ to take a reading off the front of his.

I've no device for that; I suppose I could lick it and see if I burn my tongue? :rofl:

Another toy..errr...necessary tool that will have to wait for better cash flow.

I've no device for that; I suppose I could lick it and see if I burn my tongue? :rofl:

Another toy..errr...necessary tool that will have to wait for better cash flow.

So many toys, so little time. You have to buy them all to win!
If you're not a winner, you're just a beginner or a quitter like me in my skin.
If my back is wet, the AC needs fixing. If my eye squints, the light is on :thumb:

Day 51 in 12/12

The girls are looking like they are getting close, maybe 2 weeks left. Although the catalog description of the two strains has G-bud finishing "between 5-6 weeks" and the P-chunk "in just 55 days". By those descriptions I am done this Friday. I don't think they're very accurate on the target times.

I got side-tracked yesterday and wasn't able to do a partial res change. I'll do that today.

Here are the numbers:

pH 5.9
PPM 1010
EC 2.001
Res Temp 65
room temp 86 (lights on)
RH 53% (it got a little humid around here the last few days)

The trichs are 50/50 clear/cloudy with a few scattered ambers in there. I need to mount my little USB microscope onto a tripod or something to keep it stable, very hard to focus when your hand is moving. I typically cut a small sugar leaf to look at it at my desk, but I was trying to get some "on flower" shots. Maybe tomorrow.

SO far it looks like the 360 is going to win this one, by a fair margin. The 200 though I think is going to take the gram-per-watt contest. The 180 will put up some respectful numbers, but will definitely come in third place (there are no losers here).

Here are some updated shots of the plants:

The 180
DSCN01964.JPG
DSCN01976.JPG
DSCN01984.JPG

The 200
DSCN01994.JPG
DSCN02003.JPG
DSCN02014.JPG

The 360
DSCN02031.JPG
DSCN02043.JPG
DSCN02055.JPG
DSCN02073.JPG
DSCN02083.JPG
DSCN02093.JPG

They are getting a nice frosty look. I'll get the microscope set up for some pics to show the color of the trichs.

G-Bud #7 is looking very fat. Just a single cola but the size of a 20 0z soda bottle. The rest of the G-buds had been topped so they have multiple tops. I am curious to see what the yield between G-7 and G-6/G-5 will be, they are under the 360 so it should be a good unintended experiment on the effects of topping in this type of scenario (no veg, straight to 12/12).

thanks leebee.

I can't help myself, I have a Harbor Freight 10 minutes from my house, I'm a gear junkie.

lol, I am too.... You name it and I have it. I have a Harbor Freight about 30 mins from here and I love it too. Not the best tools, but they always have that weird tool that your only going to use once without paying a huge price.

The Girls are Beautiful, I love the colors! :adore:

lol, I am too.... You name it and I have it. I have a Harbor Freight about 30 mins from here and I love it too. Not the best tools, but they always have that weird tool that your only going to use once without paying a huge price.

The Girls are Beautiful, I love the colors! :adore:
Harbor Freight is great, like you said, for the weird tool you only need to use once or twice. I picked up an air-nailer to hang crown molding, it was like $15.

Yeah the colors look good. I use the 500 w halogen work light to get some extra white in there and then still have to use the white balance tool to get the greens to come out, they would be all pink otherwise. These lights are very strong.

I particularly like the 4th one in the last group.

Great grow, Steve! Great setup and the babies are coming along nicely. I really wonder how much you'll yield in the end. Permission to come aboard? ;)
Permission Granted!

Welcome aboard LEDman. I am guessing that this will be about 8-10 ozs total. Quite a bit less than my last grow, but I am doing a comparison grow and not a full-on production run. But I think in the end all of the testing and comparisons will result in a epic yields.

Stevehman, great pics of the trich's. How do you take them, just hold the lens to your scope?
It's a Celestron Digital MicroscopeUSB microscope, plugs into my laptop and I take it in there and try to hold it as steady as possible. It will do 10x-150x. It can be a bit difficult to hold it in focus since it has a shallow depth of field, it works best when you have the bud laying on a hard surface and the scope in it's stand.

Back
Top Bottom