Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

When I turn off my CMH HID, I've to wait a full 15 minutes before turning it back on for a re-start. I don't do that to work inside, so... I harm my eyes.
LEDs don't use heat to emit, and turning it off & on repeatedly will not harm it. Check with the guy who sold them, but I see no reason to stress your retinas just to work in there. Rig a few little CFLs for house lights like in the theater? Side lights for photos or work.
I've been thinking of putting a pair of the 4 ft T5HO stick lights in there, one one either side to provide some white light and to give me a truer color for pics. Just need to get off my ass and do that. This little grow box is getting more crowded and complex by the day.

Youre nearing the end, steve. Those ladies are looking gorgeous! I wish there was a smell camera, although if u had posted a smell pic id need to run my phone thru a carbon filter... Cant wait!! Have u started flushng or aboutto start? And how long u flushin for?

Youre nearing the end, steve. Those ladies are looking gorgeous! I wish there was a smell camera, although if u had posted a smell pic id need to run my phone thru a carbon filter... Cant wait!! Have u started flushng or aboutto start? And how long u flushin for?
Thanks magic Beans.

They definitely smell very skunky. The P-chunk is a skunk cross so it is really showing off its lineage. The G-bud is smelling nice as well. Add to that all of the moms in the tent next to them and the whole area is giving off some major odor. My last grow with just caramelicious was odorless in comparison!
I don't do a "flush" per se. I follow the Cutting Edge Solutions charts and just give them ½ nutes for the last two weeks. I am about 3 weeks (maybe 4) from harvest. I will do a partial res change tomorrow and then another one in two weeks where I will remove ½ the res solution and replace it with just R/O water and let them finish from there.
I'll break out the digi-microscope and take some pics tomorrow and post some trich close-ups.

Your last thread inspired me and I am thinking about a full auto "fire and forget" system.

I am planning on putting a float valve into my RO res so it will hold about 20gal of RO water. The RO res will be constantly be topping off the nute res for my steve style NFT system. All that you did with your last grow.

Now I was hoping to use a 3 solution aquarium doser, now this will count on a steady usage rate but I plan to go under then top off manually if an increase in ppm is needed.

I am thinking of pairing this with the AN line of nutes with pH perfect, its a 3 part nute and 4 solutions dosers are about the max u can find. I figure the extra one can be saved for something special.

Your last thread inspired me and I am thinking about a full auto "fire and forget" system.

I am planning on putting a float valve into my RO res so it will hold about 20gal of RO water. The RO res will be constantly be topping off the nute res for my steve style NFT system. All that you did with your last grow.

Now I was hoping to use a 3 solution aquarium doser, now this will count on a steady usage rate but I plan to go under then top off manually if an increase in ppm is needed.

I am thinking of pairing this with the AN line of nutes with pH perfect, its a 3 part nute and 4 solutions dosers are about the max u can find. I figure the extra one can be saved for something special.
Sounds like a great fire-and-forget upgrade. I need to do some research on the dosing systems and add an R/O to my system as well. My NFT from last grow was so simple and effective I plan on doing it again with a few tweaks. Maybe three tubes in a "W" shape with the feed lines at the top of each leg and draining at the bottom. That would mitigate the chance for root blockage and overflow.
I would love to be able to leave for an extended period an know that everything is going to be OK when I return. I'll be checking your system out.

Stevehman, I have just spent 2 days reading all your grows! Great Job and you have inspired me and convinced me that it can be done. I started a new grow the other day and I am ordering my LED's tomorrow. Thanks for sharing, you have been a great teacher... I think I will track and journal this one in the hopes that someone can learn as I am sure I will make mistakes. Again thank you!

:nicethread: :adore:

Stevehman, I have just spent 2 days reading all your grows! Great Job and you have inspired me and convinced me that it can be done. I started a new grow the other day and I am ordering my LED's tomorrow. Thanks for sharing, you have been a great teacher... I think I will track and journal this one in the hopes that someone can learn as I am sure I will make mistakes. Again thank you!

We as growers are bound to make mistakes; it's a human trait :Namaste:

That said, it's learning from those mistakes that counts, and fine fellow humans like Stevehman, DocBud, shaggie-420 and Xlr8 (and others to numerous to remember) are here to help you. Welcome, and now back to Stevehman's journal!

:nicethread:

I think I am going to buy 2 four solution dosers. That was I can use AN Grow - Micro - Bloom, and the pro line additives Bud Ignitor - Rhino Skin - Bud Factor X. Then I will have 2 extra for... I dunno something, maybe 2 threes is better but I think it is better to be prepared for the future.

The awesome thing about AN is the doses are standardized also, so primary nutes are 4ml / l and additives are 2ml / l.

Aqua Medic - KATALOG

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I try to write an informative journal so that it serves as both a record for myself and a source for others to use as well.

If you are ordering from Advanced, mention my journal and they are doing free shipping.

Best of luck on your grow, just continue to read and educate yourself and take nothing at face value, I always double check information that i get.

We as growers are bound to make mistakes; it's a human trait :Namaste:

That said, it's learning from those mistakes that counts, and fine fellow humans like Stevehman, DocBud, shaggie-420 and Xlr8 (and others to numerous to remember) are here to help you. Welcome, and now back to Stevehman's journal!

:nicethread:
JZ, I've learned so much from all of the growers here, yourself included. I just try to give back to the community where I can.

I think I am going to buy 2 four solution dosers. That was I can use AN Grow - Micro - Bloom, and the pro line additives Bud Ignitor - Rhino Skin - Bud Factor X. Then I will have 2 extra for... I dunno something, maybe 2 threes is better but I think it is better to be prepared for the future.

The awesome thing about AN is the doses are standardized also, so primary nutes are 4ml / l and additives are 2ml / l.

Aqua Medic - KATALOG
I was thinking the same setup, 2 of the dosers so that you could do all of your nutes and additives. I think diluting them in water 1:3 (1qt nutes, 3 qts R/O per gallon jug) would make it easier to dose. I've read that the dosers work on minutes per cycle and not on ml. So if it is diluted it would be less prone to over feeding and burning. Just test each pump to see how long it takes to dispense XX ml of a solution and then figure out how many ml's you need of each and time accordingly.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I try to write an informative journal so that it serves as both a record for myself and a source for others to use as well.

If you are ordering from Advanced, mention my journal and they are doing free shipping.

Best of luck on your grow, just continue to read and educate yourself and take nothing at face value, I always double check information that i get.

Hi Stevehman, thanks again, I have narrowed down my LED light to either Advanced or Grow Stealth's 600w. The GS600 is slightly less than the Advanced. I am just not sure about the quality of the light. They seem pretty squared away and they are sponsors of the site. I know your vote is for the Advanced! I guess I will surprise myself with my choice tomorrow, and if it it is Advance I will tell them that I was referred by you.. :adore:

I would say both companies produce great products. The one thing I would do is compare wattage to wattage. The GSL 602 draws 350w for an advertised price of $1,599. That is $4.57 a watt. The GSL 600 has an advertised price of $1149 with a draw of 550 watts resulting in a price of $2.08 per watt. The Advanced 360 Draws 390w (I tested mine) with an advertised price of $999 for a cost of $2.56 a watt.

They are both quality systems. They use different naming conventions though. The GSL calls theirs a 600 (now the 602) because it has a total chip wattage of 600 watts (but draws 350w) it has a total of 288 3w chips for a total of 864 watts of LED on the panel. The Advanced has a total chip wattage of 864w but is designed to draw 360 (but closer to 400w) so they name theirs the 360. So if you want to compare apples to apples, then the GSL should be called a 350 or the Advanced should be called a 864.

Both units have the same number of 3 watt chips, they have different bandwidths and power consumption. Both units can be driven to use more power but that will shorten the lifespan of the chips. I've talked with the guys at Advanced and they are going to be bumping the power up a tick on their next-gen lights.

Just some more information for you to make your decision. And this is no way intended to "bash" anyone else's lights. I have seen the GSL perform very well in JZ's grow and I had good results with another manufacturer's lights my last grow.

Most importantly, both GSL and Advanced are sponsors here. So whenever possible, support those who support us!

Make sure you don't get fooled by an imitator! There is a site that looks very similar to GSL, even copied their logo and approximated the model names. It fooled me, and I consider myself to be a thorough person.

I left the original text in red/underlined. The red text is the BAD DATA, just left it there so you can see the edits.

I would say both companies produce great products. The one thing I would do is compare wattage to wattage. The GSL 602 draws 350w for an advertised price of $1,599. That is $4.57 a watt. The Advanced 360 Draws 390w (I tested mine) with an advertised price of $999 for a cost of $2.56 a watt.

They are both quality systems. They use different naming conventions though. The GSL calls theirs a 600 (now the 602) because it has a total chip wattage of 600 watts (but draws 350w). The Advanced has a total chip wattage of 864w but is designed to draw 360 (but closer to 400w) so they name theirs the 360. So if you want to compare apples to apples, then the GSL should be called a 350 or the Advanced should be called a 864.

Just some more information for you to make your decision. And this is no way intended to "bash" anyone else's lights. I have seen the GSL perform very well in JZ's grow and I had good results with another manufacturer's lights my last grow.

Most importantly, both GSL and Advanced are sponsors here. So whenever possible, support those who support us!

Thanks for the great and informative reply! So I started digging some more to try and make a decision. I do have a question on the GS. Am I reading this wrong, because it looks like the 600 has a output of 550 watts.

GS 600W Quantum LED Grow Light
LED Qty:288
LED Type:3 W Single Chip
LED Wattage:864 (288 x 3W)
Actual Power Draw:550 Watts
Amperage Draw:4.6A @ 110V, 2.3A @ 220V
Lifespan:50,000 - 100,000 hours
Spectrum:5-band 420-490nm, 510-540nm, 620-690nm
Dimensions:19" x 12.5" x 3.5"
Coverage Area:3.5' x 4'

Thank you for the help...

Spectrum:5-band 420-490nm, 510-540nm, 620-690nm

Aren't advanced lights 11 wavelengths?

In reality no one knows what wavelengths do what for sure beyond red is required for flower and you can get away with all blue for veg.

I would say both companies produce great products. The one thing I would do is compare wattage to wattage. The GSL 602 draws 350w for an advertised price of $1,599. That is $4.57 a watt. The Advanced 360 Draws 390w (I tested mine) with an advertised price of $999 for a cost of $2.56 a watt.

They are both quality systems. They use different naming conventions though. The GSL calls theirs a 600 (now the 602) because it has a total chip wattage of 600 watts (but draws 350w). The Advanced has a total chip wattage of 864w but is designed to draw 360 (but closer to 400w) so they name theirs the 360. So if you want to compare apples to apples, then the GSL should be called a 350 or the Advanced should be called a 864.

The SG 602 is what you are referring to, thats not our product.

This is OUR 600 Model: 600W Pro-Bloom LED Grow Light | Grow Stealth LED | 3W LED Grow Lights

Back
Top Bottom