SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED - Multiple Strains

We're totally hijacking Steve's journal...sorry bro.

That's a good question... It seems like someone on here has got to have a mother in one.

I moved away from them for my bonsai moms. To keep them small, and have them for many years, root pruning (not to confused with the constant air pruning you get with Air-Pots) is a necessity...and you want to keep them somewhat root bound as well until you decide to prune the roots. I think square plastic pots work best for that.

:Namaste:

vape, u're right. i remember reading that in one of jorge's books. steve's not around on weekends so maybe he won't mind us jacking his journal. hope so!

As long as the thread is getting new content over the weekend I don't mind a little help.:thumb:

vape, u're right. i remember reading that in one of jorge's books. steve's not around on weekends so maybe he won't mind us jacking his journal. hope so!

Any news from the ladies, Steve ?

Also I wanna ask you 2 questions,
How often do you watering them, with flood and wick system ?
How many days it takes to dry ? And how much water ?
Something like a half a litter per a plant ? (total 4 litters, in the tub?)

And most important , do you add any nutes everytime you water, or once a week, or whatever ?
This is really important for me.

Haven't finished your journals yet, I have one left !!!!!!
I have to say, they're as much exiting as sex !!!!! Lol

Congrats budy . That's all I got to say ....
Respect ...

Awesome grows you have going steve looks like you put alot of effort and care into them. I had a few questions to ask not sure if you could answer them.

1) I just got my 2 180 watt advanced led lights in to compare against my 400 hps any idea on how much your led's are costing you electicity wise? Trying to develop a comparison with my HPS

2) I'm looking at ordering 2 more led lights if everything works out well in you opinion are the 200w diamond series worth it over the 180w?

Hope you can answer my questions look forward to watching more of the grows.

I promise to get an update and new pics up today. I've been extremely busy and this had to take a back seat for a few days. The girls are looking great. I have a few pics from last week as well as from this morning.

I also promise to answer the questions as well. I should have some free time tonight to get to all of this. I need to figure out how to get an additional 6 hours of time each day.

Steve, I'm pretty sold on the Advanced DS LED lights. Which of their lights would work best for a 2-4 plant grow in a 2x4 tent and a ScOG? I was thinking the 400 but it really might take the 600. I know what the core coverage area is per their website but want to see if that is 100% correct from someone like you that has actually used the lights.

Any recommendations based on your experience with these lights?

I would go with either a pair of 200s or a pair of 300s. The 200s will do the job, the 300s will give you a bit more penetration but you are going to hit the limitation on your space's yield potential. So, your yield per watt will be greater with the 200s, but overall yield should be more with the 300s, but I don't think the GPW will be the same since your limiting factor is the footprint of your garden.

If I was doing a 2x4 space I would use a pair of 200s.

Steve, I'm pretty sold on the Advanced DS LED lights. Which of their lights would work best for a 2-4 plant grow in a 2x4 tent and a ScOG? I was thinking the 400 but it really might take the 600. I know what the core coverage area is per their website but want to see if that is 100% correct from someone like you that has actually used the lights.

Any recommendations based on your experience with these lights?

Billy, I have been flooding them about every 4 days. I’ve noticed the plants in the left tub are much thirstier than the ones on the right. With 4 different strains I am finding the Missing to be the heaviest feeder of the lot.

I am feeding them every watering, but not at 100%. I am using about 80% strength on the nutes. If they start showing signs of burn or def I will adjust the amount. I’ve read where some go with pH’d water on every 3rd or 4th feeding. I think the key is to listen to the plants and do what they ask for. I am going to give them straight pH’d water for the last week though. I am sure there will be some nutes left over in the coco to carry them through to finish/flush.

Thanks for the kind words!
Also I wanna ask you 2 questions,
How often do you watering them, with flood and wick system ?
How many days it takes to dry ? And how much water ?
Something like a half a litter per a plant ? (total 4 litters, in the tub?)

And most important , do you add any nutes everytime you water, or once a week, or whatever ?
This is really important for me.

Haven't finished your journals yet, I have one left !!!!!!
I have to say, they're as much exiting as sex !!!!! Lol

I really like the DS lights and the 200 is a nice improvement over the 180 (which is still a great light in its own right). I think I would go with the DS lights over the180s if for no other reason you can daisy chain them and run them off of one timer. You can also go half-power during the first few weeks of veg to get them acclimated to the intensity.

I would think that a pair of 180s should compete squarely with a 400 HPS. Although I have not done a side-by-side yet (but plan on doing one in the near future).

Awesome grows you have going steve looks like you put alot of effort and care into them. I had a few questions to ask not sure if you could answer them.

1) I just got my 2 180 watt advanced led lights in to compare against my 400 hps any idea on how much your led's are costing you electicity wise? Trying to develop a comparison with my HPS

2) I'm looking at ordering 2 more led lights if everything works out well in you opinion are the 200w diamond series worth it over the 180w?

Hope you can answer my questions look forward to watching more of the grows.

Day 7 in 12/12.

The girls are being fed the BPN 3-part. I am mixing 5 gallons of RO water but adding nutes based on 4 gallons (so an 80% solution). I don't see any signs of def or burn and they are growing like "weeds"

I was going to put a screen in to spread out the canopy but I don't think it will be necessary.

Here is a shot from the 13th:
DSCN05544.JPG
on the 21st:

DSCN05572.JPG

And yesterday the 25th:
DSCN05592.JPG
DSCN05604.JPG

As they stretch I will put in a screen to add support, but don't think the canopy needs any help.

The Missing is taking off, very heavy drinker. The other three strains are about even.

Here is a quick shot at the test chamber full of BuKu. My thoughts on this strain are that it is damn-near bullet-proof. Easy to clone, resilient and almost zero stretch. This is an ideal strain for a height restricted grow. These only stretched about 1.5X's in 12/12 (maybe a bit less).

They are also getting sticky, stinky and stacking on some weight:
DSCN05614.JPG
DSCN05633.JPG
DSCN05673.JPG

I think this is a perfect strain for a beginner to experiment with.

I'm about to order my (2) DS 300w , very soon (woot) !!!
Shall I call Cyle first (as you said in some previous post), or proceed regularly ?
(PayPal , online order ...)

:)

Give Kyle a call and mention the journal, he was doing free shipping and hangars if it comes from 420 (not sure if the offer is still valid though).

Hmmmm !!!
I definitely will, then !!! Thanx for the info !! :)

BuKu Heh? That's an excellent info as well !!!
This strain, will be first in list then !!! I was thinking of ww, but if YOU say that will be easier for me (clones, no less stretch, yield of course), I don't have than to listen to this !!!
Considering this will be my first grow ...ever

Thank you my friend !!!

Hello Steve , can I ask you one more question ?

As I'm going to start from seed of course (paper towel method), what do you think is the better media, to put the germinated seed ?-
I'm thinking to use the hempy style method (with your style/setup, -SJ120, DS 300, 16plants fm'ing/top'ing to 6 buds each,etc) , with perlite/vermiculite (75-25), as here in my town I don't think I m able to find good quality pure coco (all I found is biobizz coco-mix) and I don't wanna make experiment with my first grow!
I could use rokcwool tubes and go to smartpot with coco as you did, to raise two mothers !!!

But will rockwool work with perlite ? Or you think of something else , like peatplugs?
Or you got something else to suggest ?

Sorry for my noob question !! :(

Rockwool will work with just about anything. Just make sure you follow the instructions on "pre-buffering" it. Soak in pH 5.1 water for 24 hours before using, then flush with your nutrient solution then you're ready to go. You can then place that into perlite in a hempy bucket once they are big enough.

The coco is great stuff too, but there are many ways to grow and you'll get as many opinions as there are growers.

As far as the BuKu, I won't know how the yield will compare to WW until this grow is done, but it is looking promising. I would let them veg to about the finished height and top them a few times before going 12/12. The WW is pretty easy to grow as well, but the BuKu is the one that has been the hardiest. I have several moms and when I'm gone for more than a few days and they dry out a bit, the BuKu always looks the healthiest and is first to snap back and grow more. I think it is an ideal first-time plant.

Rockwool will work with just about anything. Just make sure you follow the instructions on "pre-buffering" it. Soak in pH 5.1 water for 24 hours before using, then flush with your nutrient solution then you're ready to go. You can then place that into perlite in a hempy bucket once they are big enough.

The coco is great stuff too, but there are many ways to grow and you'll get as many opinions as there are growers.

As far as the BuKu, I won't know how the yield will compare to WW until this grow is done, but it is looking promising. I would let them veg to about the finished height and top them a few times before going 12/12. The WW is pretty easy to grow as well, but the BuKu is the one that has been the hardiest. I have several moms and when I'm gone for more than a few days and they dry out a bit, the BuKu always looks the healthiest and is first to snap back and grow more. I think it is an ideal first-time plant.

Flushing with nutrient solution ? I thought only to soak 'em for 24 hours in ph'd water, as you said, only !! (before put the germinated seed)
Can you explain this little to me ?
Edit: ... Or you mean , Right after they show roots in tubes, flush them with light nutes, before I transplant them in perlite ?

These two strains , are top in my list !!! :)
For sure ...

Back
Top Bottom