SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow 6.5

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow

congrats, bud! looks like the heavy duty truely was....best yielder, that is.

Lived up to its name, smells fruity too. I am waiting to see how it smells after a good cure.

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow

nice steve, great job on yields, LEDs have come a long way and r only getting better:thumb::Namaste:

Steve, awesome harvest! Damn those nugs look good. have any NOTM entries?

I'm out of the contest business, focusing on my journals and some Mod work.

Besides which one would I choose, they're all winners in my book. The BPN really did a great job, and the LEDs had a bit to do with it as well.

Dorm Grow offered me a light to test, but only offered to sell it to me at 50% off afterwards (or ship it back). I'm probably gonna pass, in all honesty. I'm tired of testing/contests, just wanna grow good meds for myself.

Looks great Steve.

:bongrip: - JZ

Dorm Grow offered me a light to test, but only offered to sell it to me at 50% off afterwards (or ship it back). I'm probably gonna pass, in all honesty. I'm tired of testing/contests, just wanna grow good meds for myself.

Looks great Steve.

:bongrip: - JZ

I hear you brother, testing can take a lot of time to do it right. That is why I am cutting back to a single journal next grow,and I'm glad to be out of the contest race.

Focus on getting those meds grown, glad to see your current grow is doing well and seems to be problem free.

Did a fast lookie around. Plants look great. I love the look of Ultimate. Hope the smokes as sweet as she looked in that pic. I LOVE Smart pots myself. Don't ask me why I don't use them always but I guess it's just easier for me to more around the molded plastic pots. Garden looks dialed in Dude,
Keep em Green

norcali, looks like we like the same music. lol!!

what do you think is the best LED for a relative big SOG

lets say a 4"1/2' ft x 16 ft

I see that you are the most experienced in using these LED's and convinced me that they can work
I would really love the stealth

how are the issues with heat/cost/stealth
everything that you expect? perhaps more?

would love the feedback
before I buy 3 1000kHPS

:Namaste:
THANKS!

what do you think is the best LED for a relative big SOG

lets say a 4"1/2' ft x 16 ft

I see that you are the most experienced in using these LED's and convinced me that they can work
I would really love the stealth

how are the issues with heat/cost/stealth
everything that you expect? perhaps more?

would love the feedback
before I buy 3 1000kHPS

:Namaste:
THANKS!

There will be some heat but certainly nothing like the 1k hps lights. Initial cost for that size grow in LED will set you back a real pretty penny.

While I know stevehman would say Advanced LED which is obviously proven to be a great product. I also like the brand I mention in my grow. But rather than suggest one over another, I would think just for area wise with either brand in 4.5x16 you would be looking at maybe 8x 300w set in 2 rows lengthwise (4 per row) or possibly able to get away with 6 set across the 4.5 staggered 1/3rd off center on each. Another alternative would be 4 of the DS800's probably. Maybe 4 of the DS600's but that may be stretching it.

Point being, initially it's a lot of dough for most people. But boy would I love to see an LED grow of that size! An awesome grow of that size under LED could really make a statement for LED growing.

Please let us know here if you do go LED I know you'll get lots of subs from this journal and I will mention it in mine too!

Bassman's right, it will set you back a good chunk of change. I would probably go with two rows of 300's, and would go with 8~10 of them total. 10 would give you the same wattage as the 3 1k's. So the cost savings on power would come from not having to cool them like the HPS.

I have some other thoughts on it as well. Let me put together a graphic so that it makes more sense.

I think the Advanced lights are the way to go, but there are other sponsors here as well. I haven't done a side-by-side since last year so I can't say if the others are in the same league but I am sure they deliver.

Stealth wise, they are great, heat wise, they do produce some heat. I took some readings on the face of my lights and posted them earlier in the threads (the 800 as well). None of them were over 100 deg on the face, you can place your hands on them anywhere on the case (try that with an HPS).

I just did a heat check under my 600w. @ 11" it was 78 degrees. That's in a tent that has been closed for 4 hrs or so and I do have 6 x 40w cfl's supplementing far corners. Tent is in a carpeted bedroom with door slightly cracked. This adds some heat to ambient 68 degree house in the bedroom as well. Regular 10'x10' bedroom. Hope that gives you an idea about heat.

Damn bassman what kind of exhaust do you have? I have a 4x4 and the 400 heats it up unless the fan is on. I plan on getting a 600 but I will def need an air cooled good for that.

As far as the LEDs I can say I have a 200w DS and it doesn't cover a lot of space. The growth is great and the heat is totally negligible. I you have the cash do LEDs for sure. They are amazing with the buds and growth they can produce. 3 1000w lights is gonna be a ton of heat! Think about that heat exhausting out on a cold day, etc. it can really blow your stealth!

My 2¢

Damn bassman what kind of exhaust do you have? I have a 4x4 and the 400 heats it up unless the fan is on. I plan on getting a 600 but I will def need an air cooled good for that.

As far as the LEDs I can say I have a 200w DS and it doesn't cover a lot of space. The growth is great and the heat is totally negligible. I you have the cash do LEDs for sure. They are amazing with the buds and growth they can produce. 3 1000w lights is gonna be a ton of heat! Think about that heat exhausting out on a cold day, etc. it can really blow your stealth!

My 2¢

I use a $15 lowes 500cfm duct fan to exhaust the tent.

Key points to what I had written before was door to bedroom cracked. This alone keeps the temps down a lot. If I close the door the room will get to 84-85 now with the household heater set to 68-69. The heater, comes on in cycles since outside it's 45-66 this time of year. So it isnt working a ton but it will add heat to the room the tent is in.

In the summer time, with household AC set to 72-77 or something, if I close the door to the room it will hit 92+. But if I crack the door the tent will get down to 81-84. Outside the house temps may be 102-118 daytime and night time 90-101.

i hear ya bass. that heat's a bear in summer.

thanks guys i appreciate it!
i think i am deff going to go with the LED
for stealth purposes!

now if i can afford the 800W
should i go with it?
for less heat perhaps?
and maybe an overall better product?
maybe better penetration?
or stacking a bunch of 300 watters will perform better penetration? and overall better outcome?

I have an 800, but I would prefer to go with a pair of 400s. I also have some 300s, 200s and some of the Extreme Flower 360s so I have a little experience in the use of LEDs.

It will depend on your footprint you are trying to cover, but in my opinion, more smaller units are better than one big unit. You are able to get greater coverage area with a pair of 400s than you can with a single 800, you could even do very well with a pair of 300s depending on your space. Maybe even 4 of the 200s. The advantages are that you can reconfigure, make separate height adjustments and gain the third-off effect with multiple lights. With a large single unit, you are restricted to what that one light can do.

Now having said that, there are times when I would go with the bigger ones. If I had a 4x8 tent, I would go with 3 of the 800s to fill it up. Again, everyone's grow is different and there isn't any one right answer.

Give me more information on your setup and I can give you a better answer as to what I would use for the space.

thanks guys i appreciate it!
i think i am deff going to go with the LED
for stealth purposes!

now if i can afford the 800W
should i go with it?
for less heat perhaps?
and maybe an overall better product?
maybe better penetration?
or stacking a bunch of 300 watters will perform better penetration? and overall better outcome?

Odd as it may sound, I think some of it depends on the style/type of grow you're planning on doing.

Where Stevehman and I differ, I have to go with fewer plants and I'm still kinda pushin it with the MMJ Laws but probably not so bad it can't be justified reasonably. His style is fast grows with lots of plants, cycling faster than me. Where mine is long veg, big girls.

With his grow one wouldnt need 30" or more of penetration. Whereas with mine, that's what I'll want.

With those thoughts in mind, and he would be one to chime in on this, I think 300w units would work great for his style grow. And 800w for mine. Now this may not seem or sound so intuitive, but I believe, it's possible, that because of the mass of lights the 800 will get better penetration-saturation over the zone. While the 300's would provide better 3rd off overlap effect beyond their core coverage. But less depth of saturation.

My opinion is not scientific in any way. Just the way my weird mind thinks about it as it applies to your needs.

i haven't seen a thread this well composed and filled with useful information since irish was posting threads. (he loved led's too). he had a dirty irish hempty bucket but your air / smart pots method might outperform them.

i haven't seen a thread this well composed and filled with useful information since irish was posting threads. (he loved led's too). he had a dirty irish hempty bucket but your air / smart pots method might outperform them.

Stevehman does a helluva good job indeed

Back
Top Bottom