Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

Very nice finish! I can't believe I was only gone for like two weeks or so and you are already done with your grow it seems like you just started yours when I was only a month from the chop, no veg time really helps the time to move along I guess. So I read a little bit about your next set up that you are building, is it going to be like an ebb n flo? I'm hoping that my round 2 gets frosty like your last round. Sorry to hear about the bud rot but at least you caught it in the early stage. I am actually thinking of putting the buckets and brain away and go with 4 x 8 trays filled with hydroton so the roots can stretch and the plant number can increase as well.

:welldone::yahoo:

Im running both a control bucket and flood tray setup and they are both very great but i have to say that the trays are a better bet for shorter veg times. But just use 6-8 inch net pots depending on how big you want them and let me tell you why: 1. Cleaning a tray full of hydroton after a grow: no fun. 2. If youre using a sea of green methos which is ideal in flood trays, your plants wont grow as big of roots and dont really need the space to geow out. 3. If you plan on vegging a bit longer, y not save even more energy than you already are, not to mention the life on your expensive LED unit, by placing clones close together under less lights, and spacing them out under more light when they need space and begin flowering. 4. Just savin time effort and money all around. Ive seen your grows and with all that i know saving time is a big plus. Filling the trays will give goodresults, and continue with it if youd like, im just giving a helpful suggestion.

@SteveHman:
That light makes the hair on my neck stand up. For some reason i hear the battle theme from final fantasy VIII. Strange......

Congrats again on a great grow, Steve. Can't wait for the next one. Are you planning on doing the under-current on the next one (sorry can't remember for sure...)

X

I gave everyone a sneak peak at the Grow 5.0, well I am going to be running a tent grow at the same time, it will be grow 5.1. Here's a little idea of what is going to be going into the tent later this week:
DSCN00014.JPG

I put the guitar next to it for scale. Can you say big and bright?

:yahoo:

Wish I could afford one. Maybe after the Shootout is done, I can get another sponsor? :bongrip:

As for the brew, this one is going to be an IPA of epic proportions, it's a good thing I have a lot of friends who will help me drink it. I've been doing the brew thing for 20+ years, you can tell by the nice "patina" on the brew system (aka rust).

A wee bit off topic, but I've made some pretty epic Imperial IPAs as well as some other experimental brews using lesser known hops & other herbs for aroma either through a hopback filter or dry hopping.

I've often pondered about a late (last 10 min to flameout) addition of fresh cannabis flowers.

Hmmm... need to find the carboys & burner (yes burner singular, I'll just do an extract for now, most of my recipes are converted for both).

Perhaps a Kolsch or Cream ale... Crap! I hear my grain grinder & mash tun calling now...

I gave everyone a sneak peak at the Grow 5.0, well I am going to be running a tent grow at the same time, it will be grow 5.1. Here's a little idea of what is going to be going into the tent later this week:
DSCN00014.JPG

I put the guitar next to it for scale. Can you say big and bright?

Can you say size DOES matter? Nice!

A wee bit off topic, but I've made some pretty epic Imperial IPAs as well as some other experimental brews using lesser known hops & other herbs for aroma either through a hopback filter or dry hopping.

I've often pondered about a late (last 10 min to flameout) addition of fresh cannabis flowers.

Hmmm... need to find the carboys & burner (yes burner singular, I'll just do an extract for now, most of my recipes are converted for both).

Perhaps a Kolsch or Cream ale... Crap! I hear my grain grinder & mash tun calling now...
I wonder if you would want to put them in at the start of the boil with the bittering hops to maximize the THC extraction (hops and cannabis are cousins and share numerous characteristics). I think if you added them the last 10 minutes you would only get the aromatic oils and flavor, but very little CBD or THC. I'm only guessing though, it might be worth doing a small batch to test the theory.

Been there done that: brewed a mid gravity pale ale (13.5P) and used only about 45 IBU worth of bittering hops (I'm a EKG fan), and about a half zip of Cascades for flavor. Primary then racked to a long slow secondary with 1 full ounce of beautifully cured Taos Mountain Indica. Dry-budded, as it were.

After 3 weeks in the secondary, and a nice slow carb in the bottle with honey as the priming sugar, one 22oz. bottle would leave you nearly paralyzed.

Damn you guys, I used to be an award winning homebrewer, and a professional, and all my brewing equipment is in storage. I can only have one hobby at a time!

Been there done that: brewed a mid gravity pale ale (13.5P) and used only about 45 IBU worth of bittering hops (I'm a EKG fan), and about a half zip of Cascades for flavor. Primary then racked to a long slow secondary with 1 full ounce of beautifully cured Taos Mountain Indica. Dry-budded, as it were.

After 3 weeks in the secondary, and a nice slow carb in the bottle with honey as the priming sugar, one 22oz. bottle would leave you nearly paralyzed.

Damn you guys, I used to be an award winning homebrewer, and a professional, and all my brewing equipment is in storage. I can only have one hobby at a time!
I posted that pic of the triple tier, all grain, recirculating infusion mash system just for you JZ! Thought you'd appreciate it. Turns out there are more home-brewers here besides the two of us. Must be something about the grow your own, brew your own mentality.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Everyone needs to get out this month and vote, the polls opened up. I think GT has a great shot with the NOTM and myself and Mr. K are going to battle it out for MOTM. The POTM is still anyone's game, so many entries. Best of luck to everyone on the contests.

And steve, thanks buddy, that would be such an honor!:yahoo:
And you are right about MOTM, gonna be very tight this month, but you know who I voted for ;):thumb:

Wait! You already voted??? :thedoubletake:

I didn't even have a chance to bribe you, yet! :)

At least you didn't let your vote go to waste, cuz' Steve is a great choice (for anyone who's not voting for me! :grinjoint:) and may even get my vote! :welldone:

My votes are in, of course, I did NOT vote for my entries in POTM or NOTM. Much more worthy entries.

Way too many great entries. Maybe 420 can allow us to vote for up to 3, but not more than once for any one entry, then maybe have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (rep points or something?). This is the most entries I've seen in a long time.

Wait! You already voted??? :thedoubletake:

I didn't even have a chance to bribe you, yet! :)

At least you didn't let your vote go to waste, cuz' Steve is a great choice (for anyone who's not voting for me! :grinjoint:) and may even get my vote! :welldone:

My votes are in, of course, I did NOT vote for my entries in POTM or NOTM. Much more worthy entries.

Krip, my friend , you are more than worthy of the MOTM title as well, I wish I could split my vote.

And JZ, well said, you are a humble soul.

I've never grown in soil, but have heard you can re-use it. I've also heard people re-using coco coir as well.

I have re-used soil for my tomatoes and peppers though, and I just add some fresh soils and some fertilizer to it and everything's fine. Maybe Mr. K can chime in, I think he has much more soil experience.

Back
Top Bottom