Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

Steve,

How big of an area does the 200 cover? I have a 600w hps now in a 3x3 area. It gets real hot in there. Am considering the LED route.
The 200 is supposed to cover a 2x3 area, if you can I would put two in that space. You could get by with one for now, and expand when you can to two. These things run real cool in comparison.

I'm thinking I'll pop the Heavy Duty Fruity and Lucy. I have so many seeds in my personal seed bank I can't decide.

Believe me I relate to that......I've got 162 strains....so little time! :)

Congrats on your grow steve. Great, INFORMATIONAL and solid results. a hearty thank you for taking the time to really get involved in helping fellow beginners. and those sure loo like some fantastic buds! cant wait to see the actual dry weight smoke reports. so yea i think we got some similar phenos on the p chunk, mine is super sticky only on day 30. and stretched like a gymnast. Also thanks for revealing the mystery 200.... mine is on the way :) I have been away super busy but i am back and will be giving regular check ins from now on. Kudos on your grow my friend.

Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

The 200 is supposed to cover a 2x3 area, if you can I would put two in that space. You could get by with one for now, and expand when you can to two. These things run real cool in comparison.

Questions Steve:

I'm || close to buying lights for my 1st grow. I am going to do a DWC using two of the same totes in tulip's tutorial on DWC, 8 plants total, ak48 indica/sativa hybrid (fems). The totes are 20.5"(L) x 14.125"(W) x 12.5"(H).

On the advanced website I dont find any mention of the diamond series. But the NEW 180w Extreme Flower states: Overall Coverage - 4.5ft x 4.5ft, Core Coverage - 3ft x 3ft

Is this light the "diamond series"? It doesnt appear to be by your chart description.

So I'm wondering if I have my two totes sitting nicely together will this light cover them well for my grow? I can always add some cfl to the sides if needed. I cant afford $1k for a light right now so bigger or more is out of the question for me.

Thanks

Quick sneak peak on Grow 5.0. I cleaned up the system and put the clones in to get acclimated to their new home. These clones were cut 2 weeks ago yesterday. I am loving my ezcloner:

DSCN03007.JPG
DSCN02964.JPG
DSCN02994.JPG
DSCN02985.JPG

I put them into their new home and they are all nestled in. Running 1/2 strength veg nutes for the next two weeks and running them 18/6 so they will get a little taller. The G-Bud had almost zero stretch so a little extra height will be good to maximize yield. They've all been FIM'd twice now as well, so looking for multiple top sites.

Before putting them into the system, I tried something different. I mixed up a gallon of RO water with a little superthirve, great white and hygrozyme, just a weak solution, and dunked the net pots into that before putting them in the system. My thought is that will give the Great White a start by attaching to the hydroton. Since the nute level is just below the bottom of the net pots the hyroton doesn't get soaked and the bennies won't get washed off.

And this is my Sophie's Choice picture. These are the clones that didn't make it into the system, so off to the garbage they go. I like to take more clones than I need, so I can pick the best looking to go with:
DSCN03035.JPG

Here's a quick pic of the Diamond Series 200w next to the Extreme Flower 180w Both are from Advanced LEDs).

You can see the individual lenses for each LED and the two switches, one is for veg, the other for flower, so you can go all blue, all red or both for max effect. You will also see the plug at the end. They come with a cable to daisy chain up to three units together, one cord, one timer, less hassles.

DSCN02886.JPG
DSCN02896.JPG
DSCN02906.JPG
DSCN02917.JPG
DSCN02927.JPG
DSCN02932.JPG

Bigger, quieter fans keep them cooler than the 180, and since they are cooler, the guys at Advance say they can drive them a little more than other lights to increase output.

Overall a very nice unit!

oh, also, are the prices higher/lower on the new Diamond Series compared to the extreme's?

oh, also, are the prices higher/lower on the new Diamond Series compared to the extreme's?
It is the one on the right. The prices are:
[FONT=&quot]100w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$279[/FONT][FONT=&quot]200w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$495[/FONT][FONT=&quot]300w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$695[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coverage: 1.5' x 2.5' Coverage: 2' x 3' Coverage: 3' x 3'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dimensions: 18.5"L x 5"W x 3"H Dimensions: 19"L x 8"W x 3"H Dimensions: 19.5"L x 12"W x 3"H[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]400w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$895[/FONT][FONT=&quot]600w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1295 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]800w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1595[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coverage: 2' x 4' Coverage: 3' x 4' Coverage: 3' x 4'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dimensions: 35"L x 8"W x 3"H Dimensions: 35"L x 12"W x 3"H Dimensions: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]36"Lx15"W x 3"H

These are the pre-launch prices. They will go up when they launch on their site. They sent and email to all of their existing customers and newsletter subscribers. These prices are actually lower than the Extreme Flower series. (at least they are until launch date).
[/FONT]

It is the one on the right. The prices are:
[FONT=&quot]100w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$279[/FONT][FONT=&quot]200w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$495[/FONT][FONT=&quot]300w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$695[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coverage: 1.5' x 2.5' Coverage: 2' x 3' Coverage: 3' x 3'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dimensions: 18.5"L x 5"W x 3"H Dimensions: 19"L x 8"W x 3"H Dimensions: 19.5"L x 12"W x 3"H[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]400w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$895[/FONT][FONT=&quot]600w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1295 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]800w Diamond Series[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1595[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coverage: 2' x 4' Coverage: 3' x 4' Coverage: 3' x 4'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dimensions: 35"L x 8"W x 3"H Dimensions: 35"L x 12"W x 3"H Dimensions: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]36"Lx15"W x 3"H

These are the pre-launch prices. They will go up when they launch on their site. They sent and email to all of their existing customers and newsletter subscribers. These prices are actually lower than the Extreme Flower series. (at least they are until launch date).
[/FONT]

Thanks Steve,

Plz take a note of my post #349 where I mention my tote sizes, plants (seed) etc and my small confusion of overall coverage and core coverage (based on the extreme stats posted on their website.

Thanks again.

If your totes are set side-by-side lengthwise you can use a single 200w for that grow. That would make your footprint 20X24ish, Spread them 6-8 inches apart and you are in there, that would be a good setup for the 200w unit. In no time you will be able to buy a couple more and expand your grow--it's worked for me. I started off with a single 180w last year. Just make sure you focus on doing things right before doing them big.

If your totes are set side-by-side lengthwise you can use a single 200w for that grow. That would make your footprint 20X24ish, Spread them 6-8 inches apart and you are in there, that would be a good setup for the 200w unit. In no time you will be able to buy a couple more and expand your grow--it's worked for me. I started off with a single 180w last year. Just make sure you focus on doing things right before doing them big.

Awesome news. That's what I'm looking for. Now if I can get that 50% sponsorship :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom