SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED - Multiple Strains

Good to here some info from a user Mr K.

I stated 2w & 3w chips because that's what their website states.

If the 500w does draw just over 300 watts, that pert near the same watt per chip as Advanced and GS using simple math generalizations. Actual draw/# leds.

Good to here some info from a user Mr K.

I stated 2w & 3w chips because that's what their website states.

If the 500w does draw just over 300 watts, that pert near the same watt per chip as Advanced and GS using simple math generalizations. Actual draw/# leds.

Yes, you're correct and it is true that some of the lower wattage (and older) BlackStars use 2w chips, but the new 500w is all 3w's. :Namaste:

Nice! So clean and organized...perfect for someone with my OCD tendencies! :thumb:

:popcorn:

i don't own a blackstar, but i did a lot of research. the 500 draws 306watts & the 240 deaws 144watts. customer service to everyone i've heard of has been excellent. the 240 & the 500 are the most popular as they use 3w er's, whereas their other models don't (be forewarned). they had a problem w/power supplies for awhile, but i think that problem has been addressed.anyway i'm in for this installment of steve's great show.

Wouldn't miss it. I love those Smart Pots, btw. I'm only using 2 at the moment, but I have a heap of 'em at the ready in 1 and 2 gallon sizes. Only thing is - anyone got good tips on LST with them? The floppiness is a bit of a hassle for that. I want to keep them mobile, too, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Nice start to the journal. Good luck with your GPW goal! :goodluck:

Re: SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED, BPN, multiple strains

Steve, have u used advanced nutrients before? If so why do u like blue planet better? the reason im asking is because I use the recipe for success and ive been seeing alot of nice grows with advanced, but real talk i cant afford that stuff, I like the results im seeing with Blue planet and it fits my budget thanks.

Since SteveHmann didn't use Advance Nutrients, I'll Speak up and say that I have used AN's Jungle juice. It was okay stuff, but easy to get a hot mix and brown the tips. If I wasn't tanning them, I had a deficiency of some sort or another, mostly (P), though.

I made the choice to join the BPN Army and last week, my nutes came in. I switched immediately, and the difference in health is staggering. No more tanning tips and growth is back on par with 'Normal' rapid growth. And that's just after one week. pH seems to be a bit more stable as well.

I got BPN for several reasons:

1. They are a sponsor on this site.
  2. I've spoken with Corey (The owner) on several occasions and he seems a really straightforward guy and is very active in this forum.
  3. The BPN line was formulated specifically for cannabis.
  4. Price
  5. I know if there's trouble, Corey's just a post away in my own journal, because he subs when you buy from his site if you tell him who you are.
You can't beat it, price, service, excellent nutes, and an honest owner.

Click "BPN ARMY" in my signature for my initial review on Corey and the company for more.

SteveHmann: Sorry, I had to. Glad to see another grow from the LED MAHSTAHH! Wish you the best in this one, too.

Wouldn't miss it. I love those Smart Pots, btw. I'm only using 2 at the moment, but I have a heap of 'em at the ready in 1 and 2 gallon sizes. Only thing is - anyone got good tips on LST with them? The floppiness is a bit of a hassle for that. I want to keep them mobile, too, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Nice start to the journal. Good luck with your GPW goal! :goodluck:

Velcro sticks nicely to them, I use plant tape (velcro) I buy at home depot to secure them to the wire rack under them for LST.

A Big needle and some nylon "thread" (think carpet maker or mason line). If you pass thru the soil vs the rim area, the pot will remain stiffer, but once the plant gets bigger, probably won't matter. Or binder clips on the rim.

love the setup... what do you think of those 300w diamonds?? like will each one flower the four plants? and would it be bad to let them veg for 4-5 weeks? =P thanks for any feedback... should mention im not going to be scrogging.. do you think it is necessary for veg to use just the blue or both because of the switches that enable blue or reds, will both be too much , or is just blue better for veg than both?

love the setup... what do you think of those 300w diamonds?? like will each one flower the four plants? and would it be bad to let them veg for 4-5 weeks? =P thanks for any feedback... should mention im not going to be scrogging.. do you think it is necessary for veg to use just the blue or both because of the switches that enable blue or reds, will both be too much , or is just blue better for veg than both?

I think I can answer for Steve on this one. He loves the 300's. I would say that vegging 4-5 weeks and trying to flower 4 plants under one 300W would be a fool's errand. 4-5 weeks of veg, once flipped, would bring you a huge stretch, and plants that would surely extend outside of the core coverage for that light.

For vegging, I'd probably KISS it (Keep It Simple Sir) and use both the reds and blues. I do guarantee that you will NOT want to veg for 4-5 weeks though, unless you scrogged.

Good luck! :Namaste:

:bongrip: - JZ

thanks man , i figured as much but the only dumb question is the one u dont ask the way i see it, bc ive never done it before lol , much appreciated...oh and last question what about using cfls for veg tho??? are there any sacrifices when using cfls????
becuz i want to have a veg and flower room and im gonna be usin quiet generators, co2, and a flower room wit LEDS, iknow which ones im getting...i dont wanna get tooo detailed but...im just looking to have a constant veg room while i flower as well so any tips and input is greatly respected and appreciated, i have a knack for learning and im trying to do all absolutely all the research i can before i gear up.. i mean i have friends that that grow so that helps too but anyway thanks for any insight...

and sorry for the newbie questions and blowing up the page but this is by far the best learning forum for what im looking to do that i have seen and, after reading other documents on steves account/profile whatever, i understand the frustration of having to deal with dumb shit a little better and steve probly lets other ppl do more of the helping... anyways dont mean to be a headache =/ any input appreciated thnx

Back
Top Bottom