SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow 6.5

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow

mr k's dead on. i crossed chronic w/some plants from the late 70's (very old seeds) & then had to back cross for (i think) 4 generations to get it stable. that gave me paw-paw's #1. it ain't somp'n u do overnight, but it's fun if u've got the patience.

"I aint got nuthin but time".....

Thanks guys. That is about what I thought, didn't think about the re-crossing or back crossing. But I will set up a new area for this purpose alone....

I have no males that I know of at this point. The seeds are seeds from meds i have gotten. I just saw some breeding stuff and thought I wanted to try it. I have not even completed my first grow yet but think I may be up for the challange.

I'll let ya know how it goes and I may even journal it.:Namaste:

:thumb:

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow

i'd like to watch. it'll take time but, like u say.....

i'm sure u are. if not, u will be, after a couple of grows. good luck & don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the 1st time. when u succede, it'll be worth the trouble. u'll have u're very own strain. i have 2 strains that i'm very proud of.

i'm sure u are. if not, u will be, after a couple of grows. good luck & don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the 1st time. when u succede, it'll be worth the trouble. u'll have u're very own strain. i have 2 strains that i'm very proud of.

Ya that does sound pretty cool to "Have My Own Strain". LOL They are 3 strains I like and the name works too....

Discouraged - nope. SHit have you read my journal? If not let me warn you, I have had so many ups and downs you might get sea sick... Flower is going Great so Alls well... I am going to do it.

By the way VERY Cool about the 2 strains!

i want to start a breeding program. What I want to do is cross a few types to create new ones. What I want to do is cross Grand Daddy Purple with Blueberry Yum and Shishkaberry to create Purple Yum Berry.... I like the "Paintbrush Method" to do this. Paint the pollen from the GDP onto the Blueberry Yum plants and then when I can do it paint the pollen from the GDP BBL pollen onto the Shishkaberry... Is that sound about right?

I love how you seeded that plant in a party cup... That is what I want to do.

Any thoughts or comments or advice?

Thanks in advance.

That would make your cross as follows:
(GDP x Blueberry Yum) x Shishkaberry = A.K.A. Purple Yum Berry.

Paintbrush method is fine, although I prefer to put the male and female together and let nature takes its course whenever possible, that's why I do my breeding outside, in stages, or just with one male for several females.
:peace::Namaste:
GT

That would make your cross as follows:
(GDP x Blueberry Yum) x Shishkaberry = A.K.A. Purple Yum Berry.

Paintbrush method is fine, although I prefer to put the male and female together and let nature takes its course whenever possible, that's why I do my breeding outside, in stages, or just with one male for several females.
:peace::Namaste:
GT

I would like to add to that if I may, not that GT's reply is incomplete...

If you do end up using the paintbrush, this can allow you to pollinate the lower buds of a particular plant (be sure to defoliate above) and still have some sensimilia smoke in the process from the upper buds. I have done it in the past, hate the days of picking out the seeds or risking toasting a seed in every bowl... A sin in my book because that seed could have been "The One" y'know?

Daddy's Purple Yum Berry

or

Daddy's Little Yum Berry

or

Granddaddy's Little Yum

Wait, is this the toothless hooker thread?

Yes, jandre is correct, with this method you do have the option of possibly not pollinating some of the plant, if you are careful, the energy spent on making the seeds will still effect the buds without seeds though, so that's why i dont use that method, if I'm using a plant to make seeds, that is what it gets used for, then to the hash pile it goes... allowing the plant to do it's thing will give you better seeds

Yes, jandre is correct, with this method you do have the option of possibly not pollinating some of the plant, if you are careful, the energy spent on making the seeds will still effect the buds without seeds though, so that's why i dont use that method, if I'm using a plant to make seeds, that is what it gets used for, then to the hash pile it goes... allowing the plant to do it's thing will give you better seeds

Valid point! Thank you for the view of the side I was missing! Plants do spend a HELLUVALOT on making seed so it makes sense that the other buds further up that were not pollinated would suffer. My question is, how much?

Suffering would be in yield more than potency, but both will be affected, as for numbers, I'm not sure, never recorded it with detail..

Thanks to all of you for the imput, and Thanks Steve for allowing the thread jacking that seems to have occured. You know that was not my intention but thanks for putting up with it all the same.

Peace to all and keep it green

Thanks to all of you for the imput, and Thanks Steve for allowing the thread jacking that seems to have occured. You know that was not my intention but thanks for putting up with it all the same.

Peace to all and keep it green

As long as good information is being shared I have no problem with the occasional detour. Besides, it increases my knowledge on breeding as well.

Just a quick one SteveHman how many ltrs you are feeding them and how often ?? ive just got some of them pots and was wondering !!! started up my own journal if you want to have a look over and give us a few pointers here and there. then that would be great

journal is called: Dogue's 1200 Watt Advanced LED DS Grow

They've been getting about 2 liters each every 3rd day. I check them every day to see how much they are drinking by lifting the pots to see how much lighter they've gotten. Every one's situation will be different, so just get used to the feel of a dry pot vs. a freshly watered one and you'll be fine.

This is one of the reasons I like my other system, out it's almost on auto-pilot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

Already planned to do that. I think it will help keep the evaporation down (at least from the top).

SteveHman I'm in! I have one suggestion though. For testing purposes can you not put hydroton on top of the coco mat in one of the pots?

The reason I ask is because I believe that you will absolutely kill it with using the coco mat only. A friend says that his best yield so far has been with using rockwool blocks on top of the 1" coco mats. He thinks the coco mats are what's doing it so if you can help prove the myth that would be great. I'm just asking you to consider it, thanks man! I'm subbed by the way. Reps!

so how did this work out SteveHman did you see any difference?

just so iam getting this right you added coco liner at the bottom then 2 inch hydroton (pepples) then a perlite mix then some coco liner to prevent chaneling ! and did you remove the top coco liner when adding the hydroton to the top when you were doing the LST ?

Sorry to peck your head SteveHman but iam reading though your entire journal again and just want to make sure iam understanding correctly and getting it right !!!

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

so how did this work out SteveHman did you see any difference?

just so iam getting this right you added coco liner at the bottom then 2 inch hydroton (pepples) then a perlite mix then some coco liner to prevent chaneling ! and did you remove the top coco liner when adding the hydroton to the top when you were doing the LST ?

Sorry to peck your head SteveHman but iam reading though your entire journal again and just want to make sure iam understanding correctly and getting it right !!!

I put a coco liner on the bottom, then packed the coco/perlite mix in pretty tight and then another coco liner on top that was covered with about an inch of hydroton. It seemed to work very well.

As soon as I get a few of them chopped I will open up (unroll) a few of the air-pots and take pictures of the roots and you should be able to see the layers.

I put a coco liner on the bottom, then packed the coco/perlite mix in pretty tight and then another coco liner on top that was covered with about an inch of hydroton. It seemed to work very well.

As soon as I get a few of them chopped I will open up (unroll) a few of the air-pots and take pictures of the roots and you should be able to see the layers.

Thanks SteveHman, looking forward to how the roots turned out and what was your out come ! thanks once again :thumb:

You are gonna need it brother...

And I need a little outboard motor, 3-9hp, but them things are HIGH!!

Quick update, photos and total breakdown of numbers to follow later.

Total wet, and tightly trimmed (no stem) weight is 2885gr. Accounting for about 75% water loss it should leave me with 722 grams. 800 total watts = .9 GPW. It may adjust up if weight loss is less than 75%.

I can totally get a GPW+ out of this system if I go with a SOG of a single strain. That will be two grows down the road.

Back
Top Bottom