Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

STEVE!! Youve inspired me!!

I just bought two 180w extreme flowers and im putting them the long way in a 2x4 to flower my p-chunks and lemon skunks tmrw.. This is my first hydro grow and im lovin in. I got a couple questions: how far do you personally keep the 180 from the ladies? Was there any shock or discomfort to them after first being switched ftom t5s? And i read your last journal but i was wondering what you yielded with the 180 alone last time.. Anywhoo im going to be putting my ladies into flowering tmrw and im considering starting a journal as well. Ill be watching yours of course. Doing fantastic by the way and sorry bout the damn twilight.. Sometimes things are just.. Wierd...

Nice grow, Ill be checking in.
Mr. Pink,
Welcome to 420 and thanks for stopping in on the grow. I think you will enjoy the community here

STEVE!! Youve inspired me!!

I just bought two 180w extreme flowers and im putting them the long way in a 2x4 to flower my p-chunks and lemon skunks tmrw.. This is my first hydro grow and im lovin in. I got a couple questions: how far do you personally keep the 180 from the ladies? Was there any shock or discomfort to them after first being switched ftom t5s? And i read your last journal but i was wondering what you yielded with the 180 alone last time.. Anywhoo im going to be putting my ladies into flowering tmrw and im considering starting a journal as well. Ill be watching yours of course. Doing fantastic by the way and sorry bout the damn twilight.. Sometimes things are just.. Wierd...

I keep the 180 about 18 inches above the canopy. I will be doing some experimenting soon to find the "sweet spot". Advanced is recommending 12-18 as their guidline, but have been finding the 20-24 may actually increase the yield.

I haven't noticed any ill-effects going from T5HO to LED, they seem to love the increase in light.

The yield under the 180 was 959gr (averaged 240 per plant) wet weight. I lost about 80% to drying so the dry weight would be around 192 gr or roughly 6.7 ozs.

Here is a chart of the individual plants and weights:

DSC_8888.JPG

I just realized I have 47 pages of pictures on the site when I went searching for this one.

As soon as you have a journal up, send me a link. It's hard to keep up and find them sometimes.

Best of luck!

The yield under the 180 was 959gr (averaged 240 per plant) wet weight. I lost about 80% to drying so the dry weight would be around 192 gr or roughly 6.7 ozs.

Here is a chart of the individual plants and weights:

DSC_8888.JPG

I just realized I have 47 pages of pictures on the site when I went searching for this one.

As soon as you have a journal up, send me a link. It's hard to keep up and find them sometimes.

Best of luck!

Whoa, I think you surpassed the 1g/per watt mark....Mr. Smith would love that..

This is my first run of P-chunk. I am guessing I will have them in flower for about 63 days. I will be keeping a close eye on trichs and hair color to see when they are getting close. The hairs are all bright white still, and there's a lot of room for them to fill in on the colas, so I am have at least 3 more weeks on them.

It looks like my P-chunks are displaying a sativa dominance, they stretch pretty good and have those long thin leaves. I'd prefer to have the pheno that you're growing with a more indica dominance. Maybe the next seed will be different.

Thanks for the link to your grow, it looks very tight!

This is my first run of P-chunk. I am guessing I will have them in flower for about 63 days. I will be keeping a close eye on trichs and hair color to see when they are getting close. The hairs are all bright white still, and there's a lot of room for them to fill in on the colas, so I am have at least 3 more weeks on them.

It looks like my P-chunks are displaying a sativa dominance, they stretch pretty good and have those long thin leaves. I'd prefer to have the pheno that you're growing with a more indica dominance. Maybe the next seed will be different.

Thanks for the link to your grow, it looks very tight!

Well even though you might have a sativa dom pheno (or probably have that) at least youre not having nute problem growing it with such an indica strain (gigabud.. Indica.. Right??) and the colas on your plants do look marvelous cant wait for the next set of photos!

Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

I'll be posting updated photos and a full write up tomorrow. Since I have my light cycle from 9 PM to 9 AM, I have to wait until the evening to get some updated shots.

The colas are really looking nice and should fill in completely. I like the ratio of leaves to buds, it will be an easy one to trim when I harvest.

I've been keeping the PPM's in the 1100 range, CES has their charts for Full Bloom in the 1200-1600 range. I figured since these are new strains for me I would go conservative. The G-bud seems to not mind but the P-chunk has a little bit of burn on some of the tips, but not bad.

For my next round I will be doing a full rrun of the G-bud in a SOG (or SCROG) to do a test on the effects of the height of the lights above canopy. Split the box in two and one side at 12-18 and the other 20-24 inches. I think the G-bud is a good choice for the test since they don't stretch much and the canopy should be easy to control.

And now a shameless plug. The contests are open for voting, Nug of the Month, Plant of the Month and Member of the Month. Thanks to JZ nominating me this month. There are some great members up this months, so please get out and vote early and often! Here's a link to the poll: 420 Magazine's Member of the Month - July 2011
Don't have to vote for me, just vote. With the thousands of members here, we should see more than 20-30 votes each month.

:Namaste:

Day 42 in 12/12:

pH 6.1 (adjusted down to 5.8)
PPM 1004
EC 2.009
Res temp 65
Box temp 84
RH 47

I haven't checked pH or PPMs since the res change on the 12th, I adjusted the pH down a bit, even though 6.1 is still in the range recommended by CES for their nutes.

The lights are performing as would be expected the higher output lights are showing a little larger buds, but not by a whole lot. And, with 3-4 weeks left in this grow, there's no telling which one will be the big winner.

Here are a few shots of the girls under the 180:
DSCN01643.JPG
DSCN01654.JPG
DSCN01666.JPG

And under the 200:
DSCN01675.JPG
DSCN01686.JPG
DSCN01695.JPG

And under the 360:
DSCN01703.JPG
DSCN01715.JPG
DSCN01722.JPG

That last shot is of the "extra" G-bud that didn't get a proper topping, so is turning into one big-fat-dense cola. I will get a few better shots of her for next month's POTM, she should be big and fat in a few more weeks.

I also took a shot of the inside of the NFT tubes to show the nutes coming into the chamber via the "laser line". The new pump is putting out a good bit of pressure and the little streams hitting the surface are creating a lot of aeration--good stuff. There's a stream on either side of each plant soo they are not starved for O2 by any means (don't forget the massive air stone in the res).
DSCN01624.JPG

And a quick shot of the jungle full of moms, just waiting to go into a tent for some 12/12 love.
DSCN01635.JPG

Already planning for the next grow. I'll be taking a bunch of clones from the G-Bud and doing an entire run of just that strain. I'm going to be doing a test on the effects of distance above canopy on yield. I'll most likely be testing a pair of Advanced LED's 360's and having one at 12-18 and the other at 20-24 above canopy. The G-Bud seems to be the ideal candidate since it stretched very little and looks to be a good yielder if topped properly and allowed an extra week to veg prior to the switch. So that is the plan.

Looking good my friend! You got it going on! Good luck in the MOTM competition

Kotton Mouthe,
Thanks, but I think this month belongs to Captain Kronic, he is trouncing the competition! There's always next month :)

Im liking the bud shots!! you've got some massive trichome frost all over the place. And you still got a ways to go. I was wondering does your 200w led have any of the UV bulbs like the Advanced led? wondering if maybe the UV lights could possibly make a difference in resin production and potency.

Day 44 in 12/12:

Added 8 gallons of water to the top-up res. They are drinking about 1.5-2 gallons a day. Also added 40ml Micro, 75ml Bloom, 40ml Uncle John's, 40ml Plant Amp and 20ml of Mag Amp. Still running a strictly Cutting Edge Solutions feeding regimen. So far everything is looking great.

pH: 5.82
PPM: 1133
EC: 2.271
Res Temp: 65
Grow room temp Lights on: 88
RH: 47
Room temp lights off: 82

Running the lights in the night time are keeping the temps down to mid-80s which should be fine with the added CO2 in the box. I have the exhaust fan off during lights on to keep the CO2 in the grow area, only adding .5cfm 5 minutes on, 30 off on a DNE cycle timer. Not sure what the CO2 PPM is, I will check into getting a tester next grow (adding to the tool box one piece at a time).

Things are looking pretty frosty on the P-chunks, Tony the Tiger would say "they look Great!" The G-buds are not as frosty yet, since they are a good foot shorter than the P-chunk which puts them about 30 inches below the lights. Next grow will be an even canopy of nothing but G-bud.

Here are the buds under the 180:
DSCN01734.JPG
DSCN01744.JPG

Under the 200:
DSCN01752.JPG
DSCN01764.JPG

Under the 360:
DSCN01773.JPG
DSCN01786.JPG
DSCN01795.JPG
DSCN01805.JPG
DSCN01814.JPG
DSCN01825.JPG

All pics are color corrected (half-ass) using Picasa.

The 200 is really producing some quality buds. I hope to be able to give out more information on that light soon. It is really a cool light!

As would be expected the 360 is really outperforming so far. The two lights are doing very well too, so far I would think the 200s are a good choice for a grow in the 2x3, 3x3 footprint size.

Looking forward to the chop and weigh to see which lights has the best overall yield and which has the highest gram-per-watt output, just a few more weeks until harvest. I may let the G-Bud go an extra week and lower the lights a few inches so they can fatten up the last week. It will be a game-time decision.

Back
Top Bottom