Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

For the DS I wold start of higher than what you might expect and then lower them as the plants are used to the intensity of the lights. Clones and seedlings, 30~36 inches and then lower them.

What I do is start the clones off at 36 inches and go straight to 12/12, by the time they're done stretching the lights are about 18~20 and I never have to adjust them. Which is nice, because in my other grow they are rack mounted and not easily adjusted.

That is awesome info... thank you very much!!

Day 37 in 12/12:

Things in the tent are getting stinky. I can smell the girls now even with the charcoal filter running, I think I am going to blame the P-Chunk for this one.

Here are a few of the close ups:

DSC_9323.JPG
DSC_9324.JPG
DSC_9325.JPG
DSC_9326.JPG
DSC_9327.JPG

Starting to get a bit of frost on them. I've been using nothing but the BPN 3-part and Bloom Booster for the past month on them. Looks like they're doing alright with it.

I'll be doing a staggered harvest since they are finishing at different times throughout the month. That may give some of the longer to get ready girls more time to fatten up, that's right Darkstar, I'm talking about you!

Nice camera work, but... I guess the models deserve some mention :love:
I found that setting my camera to aperture priority and then setting the f: to 22 it doesn't get to pink and allows the flash to do it's thing. I think since it is then forcing a faster shutter speed that the bright flash is the primary light, little of the pink gets in from the LEDs.

Did that fix it?

Not sure if that was to me. I meant thanks for the spreadsheets.

On the chiller, she's the ticket for sure. Got a diff brand, same size, locally. Working great! My only prob is the one bad plant and two that have indications of mag problem. Hopefully that's all handled as I got cal-mag yesterday and sprayed problems with epsom salts. Only 20 hrs since applying these, havent seen a difference yet.

Not sure if that was to me. I meant thanks for the spreadsheets.

On the chiller, she's the ticket for sure. Got a diff brand, same size, locally. Working great! My only prob is the one bad plant and two that have indications of mag problem. Hopefully that's all handled as I got cal-mag yesterday and sprayed problems with epsom salts. Only 20 hrs since applying these, havent seen a difference yet.
Meant for PG regarding the lost title for the thread.

Glad to hear the temps are under control. Chiller was the best investment I've made regarding equipment. If you have a plant that's under-performing I wouldn't hesitate to pull it. The rest will fill in the space provided and your yield should be about the same!

So how are you liking hempy compared to your NFT?

Hempy is good, NFT is great. Although I am going to give hempy its full due next grow. I ordered 10 of the 3 gal Air Pots to use. I'll be using coco. Although it won't be a true hempy since it won't have a bottom to the pot to act as a res. I'll have to make sure I keep an eye on watering/feeding.

The tentative plan is to do a side-by-side BPN 3-part vs. BPN organic. Five plants each, I'll pick five strains from my 10 moms going right now and take 6 clones each and then choose the two healthiest to use for the grow (P-chunk, Darkstar, Lucy, Heavy Duty Fruity, White Widow, Blue Venom, Burmese Kush, The Ultimate, The Missing, Sage). I'll have to reference my spreadsheet to see which will finish around the same time.

I found that setting my camera to aperture priority and then setting the f: to 22 it doesn't get to pink and allows the flash to do it's thing. I think since it is then forcing a faster shutter speed that the bright flash is the primary light, little of the pink gets in from the LEDs.

It's all about setting the white point! While you can't improve everything, a little adjustment can make a big difference.

May someone find this helpful in regards to color settings:

It's all about setting the white point! While you can't improve everything, a little adjustment can make a big difference.

May someone find this helpful in regards to color settings:
Endive thanks for the suggestion. I need to get off my butt and just do it.

I would have to set two custom points, one for this grow with the 800w DS and another for the Extreme Flower grow, they're close in color but still not quite. I know how to do it, but was feeling lazy and just adjusted the f-stop down to 22. I have a huge SB-800 flash on my Nikon and a pair of SB-600s I can slave off of it. My intention is to take some nice "textbook" type pics but the time to setup and adjust the lighting to make it look perfect has been the issue. Maybe I can set up a weed-portrait-studio.

Oh yes theyre looking mighty tasty. I just had to pause Super Troopers to make sure i made it to the updats :rofl:

Holy Crap doood, Im watching Super Troopers right now, just got done the maple syrup scene! First time I saw it I was shroomin, was awesome, especially the beginning :loopy:

I was so excited about the Super Troopers coincidence that I forgot my original point lol. The point is, god dayummm those last pix are awesome - doesnt hurt to have a great subject too. Looking awesome for 40 days or so.

Im thinking about getting a nice camera but only if I decide to do a perpetual grow.

Cant wait to see these close to harvest.

Day 43 in 12/12:

The girls didn't even notice I was gone for the weekend, came back and all is well.

I did receive my ten 3gal Air Pots last week, so they will be replacing these 2gal hempy buckets. Not sure if all ten will fit, but I will see.

I should be able to chop the two Gigabuds next week when I chop my other grow. I can get a comparison yield between the NFT and the Hempy plants. After that I will be doing a chop a week until the first week of November. I can already feel the carpal tunnel kicking in.

Here are a few pics of the trichs, mostly clear and milky. very few amber except for the G-bud, which seems to be an early finisher:

Image1172.jpg
Image1261.jpg
Image1211.jpg
Image1093.jpg

The Twilights are surprising me with how fat and sticky the hairs are getting:
DSC_9356.JPG
DSC_9351.JPG

The P-chunks are looking very frosty as well:
DSC_9354.JPG

DSC_9353.JPG
DSC_93641.JPG

I'll put some pics of the Darkstar, Carms and G-Bud up shortly. I don't want to do pic-overload.

Back
Top Bottom