Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

CBG is a miracle worker, I’m convinced we will be hearing a lot more about it in the near future.
Ive been reading a lot about CBG as well as watching your and @carcass journals. There is so much that I don’t know and haven’t experienced in the last 30 years, but the CBG has caught my eye. I’m a fortunate grower here as I just want to be mellow, creative, happy, and sleep well. I’ve gotten all of that by just smoking the right kind of weed. But I do see family and friends who could benefit from the plant in a different way and they believe and trust me When I say they can. So I’m super interested in creating a variety of options for myself and them. And the CBG seems to be a fairly responsibly priced product worth trying In a variety of different ways!

Ive been reading a lot about CBG as well as watching your and @carcass journals. There is so much that I don’t know and haven’t experienced in the last 30 years, but the CBG has caught my eye. I’m a fortunate grower here as I just want to be mellow, creative, happy, and sleep well. I’ve gotten all of that by just smoking the right kind of weed. But I do see family and friends who could benefit from the plant in a different way and they believe and trust me When I say they can. So I’m super interested in creating a variety of options for myself and them. And the CBG seems to be a fairly responsibly priced product worth trying In a variety of different ways!
It really is reasonably priced (even @carcass said so lol) there’s currently not much demand for it, and I hope everyone has a chance to experience it.
I’m in a similar situation to you where I’ve been after a high for 30 years and am really just checking out the medical benefits recently. And mostly it’s because older family members are interested in the healing properties but often wouldn’t know who (or what) to ask.
I’d love to get others on board and figure out a good basic potion for the lotion. I have no idea if I’m adding way too much or too little, so everyone gets to learn with me. I don’t mind diving right in, my dry skin needs lotion anyway, it may as well have meds in it!

Wedding Cake is very happy. At 21 days old it’s already well into training and moving into flower. Some plants you can just tell they are going to be huge, the genetics on this seem pretty solid.
F94990C9-4797-49DD-89FB-D212492AE75C.jpeg

Wedding Cake is very happy. At 21 days old it’s already well into training and moving into flower. Some plants you can just tell they are going to be huge, the genetics on this seem pretty solid.
F94990C9-4797-49DD-89FB-D212492AE75C.jpeg
Your training is looking Good , Nice job.

Do you shoot for six main colas everytime? I see you've cleaned everything out on her.

Do you shoot for six main colas everytime? I see you've cleaned everything out on her.
It kind of depends how it looks at the time I start training. Sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes I just top and that's all. It's a bit of a feeling thing.
This one I haven't even done much yet- She's been topped, I chopped the 2 bottom branches...and just today cut the 2 huge top leaves (the top branches are tied to the stems of those leaves) to give more light below them. I can already tell she wants to get tall so I'm trying to keep her as low as I can for now, but I want to keep all 6 branches.
98284529-FD7D-4005-A4FB-8BE679084F86.jpeg

It kind of depends how it looks at the time I start training. Sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes I just top and that's all. It's a bit of a feeling thing.
This one I haven't even done much yet- She's been topped, I chopped the 2 bottom branches...and just today cut the 2 huge top leaves (the top branches are tied to the stems of those leaves) to give more light below them. I can already tell she wants to get tall so I'm trying to keep her as low as I can for now, but I want to keep all 6 branches.
Like you said, she has a great structure and you can tell when they are going to produce. Looks great!

Now if she'll just wait 3 more weeks to start flowering... ;)

Now if she'll just wait 3 more weeks to start flowering... ;)
Not likely I’m sure, though this tiny thing has surprised me.

A really interesting thing happened with this one-
After its cotyledons died off and there was almost nothing left, the first set of leaves that finally emerged took the place of them. They started out looking like normal leaves, then the ends died off and they became round like new cotyledons. Then a true first set of leaves came out. I wish I had better pics of it, pretty cool to witness. Maybe this is a normal occurrence I’ve just never had one come back from that deep in the pit lol
E54DFC93-09CC-4F72-BF20-2ACF8D7EC789.jpeg

AAB57E05-669E-4749-AF68-F015D5A9729D.jpeg

Their will to survive is pretty amazing...my first Alaskan Purple auto was a sickly mutant for quite awhile,
but she turned out to be one of the best autos I've grown- I think topping her down to two little leaves
did delay flowering for a couple weeks, so that little gal may just surprise you one more time...

Ok, so in my laziness, I occasionally stumble across something worth sharing.

Earlier in the year, during the great pandemic MegaCrop shortage of 2020- I panicked and bought some other plant food to get me by. It was mid priced and easy to get at the time. Hawaiian Bud & Bloom.
I didn’t end up using it right away because my 10 year supply of MC finally showed up, and I had all the supplements to go with it.
During the summer, I grew some large plants outside and admittedly I got lazy one day. I took this new stuff and watered according to the label (1 scoop per gallon) because I was outside and the MC was inside.
I ended up watering with it every 3rd or 4th time between feeding MC. The 2 plants closest to the beach got the majority of this treatment all summer and seemed to not even notice.
But I noticed. They seemed to be the stickiest smelliest plants of all of them. The gorilla glue was just like candy dripping off the vine some days.
I know there’s occasionally talk about Megacrop (alone) leaving some strains a bit tasteless. Huge and colorful and healthy, but a little tasteless.
There’s a bit of other talk about how adding supplements to MC is burning up some plants. I have a little experience with it, and admittedly it’s touchy with potassium when running 6g/G MC, and experience occasional Cal deficiency.

So here’s a 3rd option (besides MC alone and MC with supplements), that definitely did not leave the flower tasteless for me. In fact it’s the stickiest, smelliest I have right now. Tastes sweet, smells even sweeter.
The plant also didn’t have any cal deficiency, or need any pH balancing or additives.
It’s Gorilla Glue, so it’s awesome anyways, but this stuff is sweeter and better than the plants that didn’t regularly get this new food.

I guess what I’m suggesting is that this may turn out to be (for me) a good compliment to MegaCrop, at least for outdoor plants. Not as an additive, but to replace a few feedings during flowering.
I’m going to be doing some feedings indoors with it once the Wedding Cake is into flowering and see if I can get the same kind of sticky results.
Funny enough it’s blue like old MGro, but of higher quality for sure
6E6B708E-78F9-4B6D-8C22-BA60BF9D0601.jpeg

Maybe I’m crazy, I’m just always looking for more taste. I hope this does the same thing indoors.

Ok, so in my laziness, I occasionally stumble across something worth sharing.

Earlier in the year, during the great pandemic MegaCrop shortage of 2020- I panicked and bought some other plant food to get me by. It was mid priced and easy to get at the time. Hawaiian Bud & Bloom.
I didn’t end up using it right away because my 10 year supply of MC finally showed up, and I had all the supplements to go with it.
During the summer, I grew some large plants outside and admittedly I got lazy one day. I took this new stuff and watered according to the label (1 scoop per gallon) because I was outside and the MC was inside.
I ended up watering with it every 3rd or 4th time between feeding MC. The 2 plants closest to the beach got the majority of this treatment all summer and seemed to not even notice.
But I noticed. They seemed to be the stickiest smelliest plants of all of them. The gorilla glue was just like candy dripping off the vine some days.
I know there’s occasionally talk about Megacrop (alone) leaving some strains a bit tasteless. Huge and colorful and healthy, but a little tasteless.
There’s a bit of other talk about how adding supplements to MC is burning up some plants. I have a little experience with it, and admittedly it’s touchy with potassium when running 6g/G MC, and experience occasional Cal deficiency.

So here’s a 3rd option (besides MC alone and MC with supplements), that definitely did not leave the flower tasteless for me. In fact it’s the stickiest, smelliest I have right now. Tastes sweet, smells even sweeter.
The plant also didn’t have any cal deficiency, or need any pH balancing or additives.
It’s Gorilla Glue, so it’s awesome anyways, but this stuff is sweeter and better than the plants that didn’t regularly get this new food.

I guess what I’m suggesting is that this may turn out to be (for me) a good compliment to MegaCrop, at least for outdoor plants. Not as an additive, but to replace a few feedings during flowering.
I’m going to be doing some feedings indoors with it once the Wedding Cake is into flowering and see if I can get the same kind of sticky results.
Funny enough it’s blue like old MGro, but of higher quality for sure
6E6B708E-78F9-4B6D-8C22-BA60BF9D0601.jpeg

Maybe I’m crazy, I’m just always looking for more taste. I hope this does the same thing indoors.
From my experience flowering is limited by phosphorous with Megacrop where you have to plan or know your medium's ability to work with it and release it.
You don't need to add another chemical fertilizer like your hawaian because Megacrop gives you all the tools.
You can feed N/Ca, P and also a base recipe of micronutrients with plenty of iron so for aromatics you have to work with your other micronutrient additives...like microbiologically.

Maybe this is a normal occurrence I’ve just never had one come back from that deep in the pit lol
Something I don't think I've ever encountered. You probably had all the stars in align for that to happen. Pretty neat.

Good read about the MC and HBB. It will be interesting to see if the results carry over. That's one helluva P value that's for sure.

Something I don't think I've ever encountered. You probably had all the stars in align for that to happen. Pretty neat.

Good read about the MC and HBB. It will be interesting to see if the results carry over. That's one helluva P value that's for sure.
Was hoping you might chime in on that HBB (please feel free to yell if you think it's a bad idea) since you are a lot more of a label reader and you actually know the differences in those types/origins of nutrients.
Once I saw it wasn't causing problems, I just kept feeding with it here and there.
Maybe that GG needed a bit more flower boosting power than the others, but the difference is fairly noticeable now that it's curing.
Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see and am pleasantly surprised at how good the GG turned out, especially after the huge mold outbreak that took several ounces of it.
But when something tastes/smells that good with almost nothing to point at but food- I feel like it's worth checking out.

Was hoping you might chime in on that HBB (please feel free to yell if you think it's a bad idea) since you are a lot more of a label reader and you actually know the differences in those types/origins of nutrients.
Once I saw it wasn't causing problems, I just kept feeding with it here and there.
That last sentence is why I wouldn't say anything. I, or anyone, can state a lot of facts, but the proof is in the pudding. If you are getting great results, and you have had no issues, then there's something to it. You'd have to document it I suppose and do some more mucking, but if you are happy then it makes no difference in the end.
I'll put those numbers to work today and see what you were actually giving them. Maybe you can leave me the rate at which you were feeding when you get a minute.
But when something tastes/smells that good with almost nothing to point at but food- I feel like it's worth checking out.
Science!!

That last sentence is why I wouldn't say anything. I, or anyone, can state a lot of facts, but the proof is in the pudding. If you are getting great results, and you have had no issues, then there's something to it. You'd have to document it I suppose and do some more mucking, but if you are happy then it makes no difference in the end.
I'll put those numbers to work today and see what you were actually giving them. Maybe you can leave me the rate at which you were feeding when you get a minute.

Science!!
It was 1 TBSP per gallon (hopefully that can be converted into Canadian) lol

Back
Top Bottom