Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Looking forward to seeing how it grows compared to our cheapies.
I'm sure it'll do better..it'll be interesting to see just how much better it does...

Congratulations 13g13!

Well-deserved mate.

:cheer: :green_heart: :Namaste:
Thanks a bunch. I promise to grow some interesting things under the new light.

damn autocorrect fixed it twenty different ways!!!! You’re welcome! :laugh:
It’s a real pain in my ducking ass some days lol

Ooohh, ducking! That's a good substitute!
That’s what my iPhone always changes it to. They apparently have no idea how little I actually talk about ducks lol

Purple Lemonade is growing some towers of goodness
691D46D4-3CE1-4472-802F-D9647303DDCB.jpeg
498E4FFB-530D-4BB7-9D73-1646A225810F.jpeg

This stuff gives off the exact same odor right now (unmistakable citrus) as it does when it’s cured.
Did the back building cuts today, because I want it to start bulking as much as possible, rather than gain anymore height.
She just moved up to 3g/G MC, which is as high as she will go (1,2,3 instead of 4,5,6) and seems like a good plant to try out Purpinator for the first time. I’m also going half (or less) on that or any other supplements.
Hope everyone is having a good week!

Hey @BooWho2 I saw you asking on Shed’s journal about essential oil in salve/lotion.
I used FOOD GRADE essential oils to scent my last batch, several different scents.
My Mom who has really sensitive skin, can use it daily with no irritation. My lotion is unscented cocoa/shea butter based and my infused oil is coconut.
I found that about 1 drop of oil per 1 oz of lotion was sufficient. Not only to cover the cannabis smell, but to scent the lotion in a way that it wasn’t overpowering when applied.
One of the oils I used was sweet tobacco, which smells amazing- but I was worried it would be way too strong on the skin. It turns out it’s fine, and out of 5 people, none have reported irritation or smell sensitivity. They have, however, reported arthritis and pain relief from the lotion.

*I’d be cautious with orange oil which can irritate skin pretty easy, and things like mint/eucalyptus etc which can irritate people’s sinuses, and will likely give the lotion unwanted traits.
I found fig, tobacco, green tea and things like that work great.
The coconut oil makes the lotion take a tiny bit longer to absorb, but in the end it’s overall very pleasant to use.

I sent some to @carcass and will be awaiting his opinion as well as the rest of the fam.

Hope this helps you or anyone else that’s looking into making your own.

Thanks so much for that goody. I don't recall seeing you demonstrate that in your journal so far - and sorry if I missed it! I think it would be interesting to do some with and without scent. I've been preparing to make salve and put it in round tins, but a lotion sample might be nice too! Thanks again! :green_heart:
I haven’t done anything about it here on the journal yet. I wanted to get some feedback from people before I posted anything.
I did a REALLY simple batch and just started with a gallon of unscented lotion base (cost $21 on a really popular retail website ;) and added a cup of my infused oil when they were both a warm room temp. They mix very well together and have not shown any separation since then, even once scent was added.
I was joking with @carcass that the bottles were the most expensive part of the whole thing lol

Wow. That easy? Shiiiit. I'm planning to make some oil soon! So many things to organize! Thanks so much! :thanks:
Serious, that easy! Once you have infused oil, the hard part is over. Figuring out how to get lotion into a tiny container takes a bit of technique but everything else is pretty simple.
Ginger Lily Farms soothing butter lotion is what I used.
The scent is just food grade scent oil and there are literally hundreds of ways to go- Cotton candy and all that :p

Serious, that easy! Once you have infused oil, the hard part is over. Figuring out how to get lotion into a tiny container takes a bit of technique but everything else is pretty simple.
Ginger Lily Farms soothing butter lotion is what I used.
The scent is just food grade scent oil and there are literally hundreds of ways to go- Cotton candy and all that :p
So you just got some lotion and mixed your infused oil ? Is it high in CBD or just THC ? or both

So you just got some lotion and mixed your infused oil ? Is it high in CBD or just THC ? or both
Pretty much! I used lotion base and added my own active ingredients.
It’s about 80% CBD, 15% CBG, 5% THC, and the oil I infuse is only flower (1 oz/Cup) and added CBG isolate powder (500 mg/Cup)

CBG is a miracle worker, I’m convinced we will be hearing a lot more about it in the near future.

Pretty much! I used lotion base and added my own active ingredients.
It’s about 80% CBD, 15% CBG, 5% THC, and the oil I infuse is only flower (1 oz/Cup) and added CBG isolate powder (500 mg/Cup)

CBG is a miracle worker, I’m convinced we will be hearing a lot more about it in the near future.
What strain did you make it out of and what lotion did you use for a base that didn't have other stuff in it ? Also what is CBG isolate powder and where did you get it ? I want to make some lotion for me and the wife and I want it to turn out good

What strain did you make it out of and what lotion did you use for a base that didn't have other stuff in it ? Also what is CBG isolate powder and where did you get it ? I want to make some lotion for me and the wife and I want it to turn out good
I used Ginger Lily Farms soothing butter lotion - got it on zon, it’s lotion base, no color no scent.
I use a mix of 1 oz Dr S 30:1 CBD that I grew, and 1 oz 22% CBD flower from our sponsor @OregonHempFlower which is also where I got the CBG isolate powder.
As much as I love using my homegrown CBD in the infused oil, it’s really cheap to buy hemp flower by the QP and save more of my stuff for smoking.
I use coconut oil but it’s been said that grape seed oil is better for lotions/salves.

Back
Top Bottom