Stoobie's WhiteWidow GrowJournal

ok ive noticed that on some of the plants, the leaves are looking a darker green on the inside but a lighter green on the outline of the leaves. does anyone know what that could be and how to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoobie
thank you moose, does anyone know the cheapest/quickest/best website for lights. i looked in to a few, but from personal experiences, which is the best. im thinking of getting a 400w hps/mh...

try checking ebay ive had alot of luck with good/fairly cheap lighting systems from there.

ok i have some company coming over on monday, they cannot see the plants... i am goin to hide them somewhere else but they will not have light for at least 24 hours. how will this affect them, will they start flowering

ok cool, im about to start flowering anyway

You should check out hydrofarm.com . I went into my local hydro-shop and they buy direct from them. I picked up the daystar 6" aircooled hood, XtraSun 1000W ballast and 1000w Super HPS bulb for 500 bucks w/ taxes. I was happy and the ballast has a 5yr warranty. Going HID is going to easily double the bud density and weight. I see some light setups going for like 200 bucks bulb/ballast on E-Bay.

I cant wait to see those bushy girls flower. It will be a thrill to observe. Ive never seen such a full and bushy plant.

Personally, I would try to clone or pollenate a bit of that plant. If the corrections have been made and the posts are right, I would assume that the strain is short, by nature. Im working with a few micro grow setups, for kicks, and to me, that strain would have potential. Maybe a mutant; but, a versatile mutant.

yea i cant wait either, it will be exciting. i just placed my order for a 400 watt hps system from high tech garden supply, 156 dollars including tax and shipping. hopefully i get it by mid next week. i also upgraded to the agromax hps bulb, anyone have any experience with that particular bulb/ ill post some pics the day i get the lights. and yea i was thinking about cloning...

yea i cant wait either, it will be exciting. i just placed my order for a 400 watt hps system from high tech garden supply, 156 dollars including tax and shipping. hopefully i get it by mid next week. i also upgraded to the agromax hps bulb, anyone have any experience with that particular bulb/ ill post some pics the day i get the lights. and yea i was thinking about cloning...

I would definately clone from some of the bottom branches...Do it now so the plants will have time to recover before flowering. Since you are taking them from the lowest branches, I would just cut off the remaining branch all the way to the main stem after taking the clones. That way you can get the under growth out of the way before the main stretch.

How big is the pot(s) that you are using...I forgot how many plants you had too. Do you have a seperate room for veging clones? I would also transplant into bigger pots to maximize root growth.

Hit me back!
:peace:

i dont have another room for cloning, although i could very easily set one up. hmmm, my lower branches are f-in huge, i dunno if i wanna cut one of em off. there are sooo many bud sites on each lower branch. i have 5 plants and they are each in a 5 gallon bucket. should i transplant still/

No, the 5 gallon pots are fine...I think you will be fine if you just cut off 2 of the bottom branches to take clones. You will have so much new growth that it wont even matter what you cut off earlier. You can look at it this way, you can leave the branches on and get another quarter or so, or you can take it as a clone and have it be a plant that produces a couple o's. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, ya know?

yeaaa, my light came in today. 400 watt hps agromax- 55,000 lumens, i dont have batteries for my cam, ill update pics asap. but can anyone tell me how far away the light should be from the plants// also im about to start 12/12 in a day or two... any tips on when i should have it on or off

True, true, nice light. About how far away you need it? The goal for lumens for a flowering plant is 10,000. I dont know if you know how to tell light density but here ya go. The light gives off 55,000 lumens, that is read 1 foot from the light. To get the lumens of 2 feet away, divide 55,000 by 4 = 13,750 lumens. So at 2 feet your plants have more than enough light. I would put the light 12-16 inches to give them plenty of light density as long as its not burning them. The more light density, the greater the bud size.

Also, the hours you do 12/12 are totally up to personal preference. I do mine from 9am to 9 pm just because I have to be able to shut and open the door when the light comes on, but if you are able to keep the room dark all the time, I would run the lights at night, for 2 reasons. 1, it will be easier to keep cool, and 2 the electric meter isnt spinning like crazy when the people come to check it.

ok cool, its at just over 12 inches. just watered them today, i think what ill do is have em turn on at 11 pm and off at 11 am because i work at 10 am so ill just close the door before i leave. i was worried about heat problems, but with the door open, it doesnt get over 80 degrees farhenheit. with it closed it gets to around 90-95... should i do a few more days of 24 hours to get the girls accustomed to the new lights or just start 12/12 today//
sorry for the pic delay, whenever i plug the card loader in, my mouse stops workin.....
ps. whenever i have a // mark, its a question mark, my shift button is broken lol.

Back
Top Bottom