Storage

Freezing works if it's well sealed (or it will get really dry), otherwise the two main enemies of thc and terpenes are heat and light, so if not freezing, store it in a cool, dark place. It will keep a couple years in cool/dark storage, almost indefinitely in the deep freeze. I keep mine in a cool, dark place in my garage inside sealed qt. mason jars

Another vote here for mason jars.

I also have quite a few of the 'cvault' containers, and they're great for short term, but the bud in them will dry up even with boveda after about a year.
I've also used my vacuum sealer, which comes in better than the cvaults, but not as good as the glass jars.
The flowers I put in jars are still in basically the same shape they were when I put them in and I didn't even use boveda (some are approaching two years).

Another vote here for mason jars.

I also have quite a few of the 'cvault' containers, and they're great for short term, but the bud in them will dry up even with boveda after about a year.
I've also used my vacuum sealer, which comes in better than the cvaults, but not as good as the glass jars.
The flowers I put in jars are still in basically the same shape they were when I put them in and I didn't even use boveda (some are approaching two years).
So freezing in Mason jars is good?

What about frozen trichomes falling off ?. I've heard it's a thing .
That can happen with rough handling. It's how dry ice hash is made.
If you're just storing it, and don't shake the jars too much as you take them out it shouldn't be a problem.

So freezing in Mason jars is good?
It might be good but seems unnecessary. Putting the harvest into the Mason jars and keeping those jars in a dark area where the temperature stays a steady comfortable cool is all that is needed. I put the canning jars into boxes and then into the closet. Or take the jars into the basement and put them on shelves in the root cellar. No need to freeze the jars.

Seems to me that filling up jars with a harvest and then putting the jars into the freezer is the first step towards 'freezer burn'.

i've got stuff easily 2+ yrs. bovedas and darkness in a stable cool storage area is the key. it won't lose potency if stored correct.

freezing will knock the trichomes off. especially if it gets moved around in the freezer from time to time. you want to store it long term in same environment as a red wine cellar.

I’m smoking nicely cured and still potent GSC jarred October 2021 in 1/2 ozs with a Boveda each. I have a big pelican knock-off airtight case full of labeled jars. The GSC turned an amazing gold color and is fruity cheesy and so good. I’m also finishing up the last precious Corleone Kush knockout indica purple strain bud from my first grow here from June 2020…it is still the best. I’m finishing up a quick blueberry auto grow to replace my indica stash. It will keep a long time if properly dried, cured and stored. Cheers
4FD0D0D1-9359-467F-A39A-BE4D6DDF05A8.jpeg
B2DB0721-2D0C-4BC9-B2C4-14B927CED5E7.jpeg
DBDF7F4F-8E5F-4786-8E2A-A7B703B32D42.jpeg
5057C6DA-6BF4-4836-871C-AF33A479DF4B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom