Stratlogic's Hydro Closet ScrOG Grow

Great buds, do i see purple on them?

Thanks guys. Mota-there IS purple! I didn't notice it under the hps until I pulled the plant out to harvest it. Quite the pleasant surprise I must say.

And the total yield...138.5 grams or about 5 ounces! I was hoping for 2 oz as an optimistic guess. I never expected this though. But I'll take it!

Each Jar is averaging about 15 grams each.

Thanks for all the reps everyone. I have another question though. I've had all the buds jarred up for 4 days and was wondering how much longer I am supposed to open them up everyday and give them fresh air for? After a while can I store them in the dark in my closet for longer periods of time without anything going wrong with them?

Thanks berrydizzle. I have been doing that for about a week now and am wondering how many more days I have to do that for. Do I need to open them up everyday of the cure or only for a period of time in the beginning, then maybe once in a while after that?

When I jarred up the buds I graded them A-D. 5 A's, 2B's, 1 C and 1 D jar. So far I have only been smoking the "D" jar with all the small buds that grew below the screen to hold me over until the nicer nugs are cured. I've definitely noticed a change just within the first week of curing. The smoke is becoming more sweet and smooth, but still has a green taste that tells me they still need some time. At first, I don't think it got me high. Now it gets me retarded. I wanted the clean high from an early harvest and this has made me dumb and useless (according to my buddy trying to get directions from me just after I smoked a bowl). At the moment, I can't complain.

Wow, 5 oz off one scrog plant, that's awesome, congrads man.
I can't wait for the smoke report.

Btw, I might of looked thru the thread a bit too fast, I saw you were using CFL in the begining, what was the plant under while she was flowering?

Once again, congrads!

how was the smoke man?! i cant believe you got 5 ounces from 1 plant! thats crazy. might have to try a hydro ponic system :p also was that CD spool enough to all the roots? im thinkin of a hydro system from the success of yours, and im not sure if the roots would fit, so if anyone can shed some light on that that would be great thanks!

I was wondering what your nutes were like? You seem to have it spot on and id like to replicate your grow to the best of my ability. I dont understand the complexity of the nute schedule for hydro, yet. Your setup seems viable and cheap and the product has been shown to be great. Great job and any nute pointers would be appreciated, Strat. You inspired me to create a grow box with your construction and im hoping you can do it again.

Hey Shifty420, eventually the roots fill up the CD lid and overflow to the bottom. The roots that are suspended give the plant an aeroponic effect allowing more oxygen to get to the roots while the roots in the CD lid and eventually the bottom of the bucket have a DWC (deep water culture) thing going on. Also there's a sort of NFT (nutrient film technique) effect from the overflow of the nutrients from the CD lid that I think helps too. When designing the bucket, I took what I thought were the best elements from three common methods of hydro and combined them into one. You can be the judge of what you think really contributed or not but for the moment, I don't think I am going to change anything the next time around.

Here's a pic of my roots at harvest
tn_DSC00165.JPG

HHGreenHand - Actually, I got a little crazy when the plant really started sucking up water and gave the plant some bad nutrient burn. But for the most part I would mix in about 6tsp to 2 gallons of water per week. Once the plant was sucking up more that two gallons per week, I would add 3 tsp for every gallon of water more I had to add per week and thats where I went wrong I believe. When the plant starting taking off during the stretch of the second cycle, I would add 8 tsp of both the A and B to two gallons and then just plain water for the rest of the week. But in the end, I have learned there is no substitute for experience. Even though this was my first harvest, I learned a lot that will help my next time around. Just go for it! I hope this helps.

how much room you figure length and width wise you need for 1 plant? im going to makein a grow box like urs but i would like more than 1 plant. thanks for the help so far man!

As for the smoke report, I am going to let it cure some more, but until then, it still smells like hay until I break it up, then it smells skunky. However, when I went to work the other day to hand out sample-grams to my fellow co workers, my backpack reeked of the skunk and everyone said it looked dank to them. We all smoke a bit so I took it as a bit of a compliment, but then again, anything free is always that much better I suppose. But I have definitely noticed progress and it does indeed get me really high but I think it could be better. Not to say it sucks or anything. For example, I harvested early to get a clear high but if I smoke too much, I have found myself staring into space for brief moments while my brain catches up and there are definite couch-lock qualities. haha. But at the moment, I have been smoking the lesser quality nugs allowing the choice nugs to reach their full potential and so far it was all well worth the wait. I'll be posting a full smoke report with opinions from my panel of smokers.

I feel that 2ft x 2ft was just enough for one plant. I wouldn't try anything smaller per plant if you are looking to grow about the same size plant I did. I suppose you could squeeze more plants if you vegged them shorter. Just remember the plants will double to triple in size when you switch cycles.

Back
Top Bottom