Strawberry Blue - Monster Pheno Grow Log

She looks like she's bunching up and will start flowering soon. We're all in this boat right now waiting for them to start. Looking good!
Thanks. Good luck to you and everyone else taking advantage of the sun this year. The picture I took didn't really capture the branching as good as I thought because I was too interested in getting the entire plant in the shot. She has stretched outward to about 4' total width, and she is about 5' tall. Today I will get some better pictures of branches feom closer in. I'm guessing this could be a decent yield, hopefully several ounces at least.

I haven't used it but that open seasame seems like it's meant as a bloom booster.
I'd imagine if you use too much of it there could be some issues.
I don't think plants really need high P to begin with.
If you're in a pinch you might be able to try some coffee grounds for the N and stove ashes for the K in flower i think.

I haven't used it but that open seasame seems like it's meant as a bloom booster.
I'd imagine if you use too much of it there could be some issues.
I don't think plants really need high P to begin with.
If you're in a pinch you might be able to try some coffee grounds for the N and stove ashes for the K in flower i think.

I knew it was a bloom additive, but I didn't know if it really forced flowering as the Amazon seller claimed. In my experience, I can confirm it does not. It did promote lateral branching though. Which is good leading up to transition.

As far as not thinking plants "need" high levels of phosphorous during transition, I think it is one of those things where it just lends to a better yield if you do use it at slightly increased levels. Here we are talking about one time use for one feed then flushing with water, so that isn't excessive (even at these levels), and as I am growing in coco blend, it does NOT contain the typical trace amounts of phosphorous contained in a high quality potting soil mix.

That means in my case, adding it in is absolutely vital to getting the yield I'm seeking, and since it is one time, the 5-45-5 makes sense.

Here are some pictures showing the good branch development. Thinned out some of the leaves depending on what was touching what, and hit with a healthy dose of Daconil for what will probably be the final time for this plant. Once flower formation sets in, she has to already be ready to resist fungi and pests for the remainder of her life. Nobody wants to taste Daconil when they are smoking, and a wet flower is a rotten flower waiting to happen.

IMG_20230731_151247515_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230731_151236860_HDR.jpg

No worries man. I might've misunderstood.
You mentioned you were out of veg ferts and said something liek 'should I just feed the open sesame instead'.
Keep using it to initiate flower but you'll still want something with N probably... hence the coffee suggestion.
Anyway you got things figured out from the sound of it so I'll leave you to it. 👋

No worries man. I might've misunderstood.
You mentioned you were out of veg ferts and said something liek 'should I just feed the open sesame instead'.
Keep using it to initiate flower but you'll still want something with N probably... hence the coffee suggestion.
Anyway you got things figured out from the sound of it so I'll leave you to it. 👋
I think there is definitely a misunderstanding, I was asking, yes or no feed the bloom food til harvest or stay vegging? via, for example yes, coffee grounds or other household item.

But regarding the Open Sesame specifically what I was trying to find out was basically "does anyone think I'm losing yield where I could have kept vegging if I switch to Open Sesame?". As in, am I too early in the opinion of anyone (no offense) who HAS used it?

I wasn't asking if Open Sesame is necessary. And I totally want your opinion on the whole nine, why not? But I am by nature mostly decided on the grow at this point, as should usually be the case I'd imagine when approaching flower.

I'm not about to eliminate either P or K out of the lineup, for example-- I just was wondering if you thought it was time for the P yet or stay with N.

I will assume your opinion given those options is "stay with N", unless you correct me.

The link I included explains what phosphorous can do for your flowers, and I suspect most people using K boosters mistakenly believe their production is maxxed out from the additives; but real science is indicating phosphorous is mainly responsible for bud production, while potassium repels pests primarily and keeps the flowers from being eaten up outdoor or burned by the sun.

Back
Top Bottom