Stripping buds from stems?

Hosiery mill shears (scissors). They have short blades and everything except the ends of the blades fit within the user's hand. Also, they don't work exactly like traditional scissors - which is good, because if someone had to use traditional scissors for eight hours per day, five days per week, they'd soon be functionally crippled. These things have a ring to slip your index finger through and are held open (they don't open much, just enough to do the job) with a spring. You close them (<SNIP>) by squeezing your hand closed.

A hosiery mill worker gets paid based on production and cannot afford to be sloppy (and must hustle, because his/her paycheck depends on it). You have to make quick, certain, accurate cuts. I thought I had a picture of one in my gallery from years ago, but it turns out I was mistaken. On the other hand, I did find THIS (lol) :

Think they officially call the "Grape Scissors", ones I got at Hydro store here, bunch of Japanese writing on package mostly but pretty sure they called them that. They coated with something so they don't gum up as fast and have nice big openings and don't hurt my hands like the sewing scissors used back in the day before all this stuff was available.

Not finding them searching by that so must be called something else I guess, I can't recall brand.

I cut everything off the stem expect about the last 3 to 4 inches. Everything fits into jars very well.

Found them online finally :rofl: search "chikamasa trimming scissors" ...explains why I couldn't remember brand name even though it is different ;)

These are exactly what I used! I picked up a pair from my local grow shop when I was picking up everything I needed for the harvest.

They worked perfectly!

Yup I purchased those same scissors. Spendy, but so agile and precise.

My hands bug me enough as it is so anything that saves me pain is good. So I don't mind spending a bit on something like that that I get a lot of use out of, just have to be careful as they are sharp and will cut skin ;) :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom