SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

Can't wait to see the greenhouse. :thumb: I wish I knew about swamp coolers a while ago. I built one myself using an old pump and allowing an intake fan to do the rest. Only knew about it because a friend was complaining about one. They do quite the job here air intake is about 85 in the day and the exiting is 65 average :circle-of-love:

That's neat man gotta love a little ingenuity! I've seen people make them out of box fans and ice chests and 5 gallon buckets. Such a great tool. I'm amazed it's dropping your temps 20 degrees, is that with ice added?

So here is an updated pic for Sativa Sunday! GG4 is yellowing a little and the bubblechem is looking better. The GG4 did go through a little drought stress as I try to push that envelope often vs over watering. Just went a half day too long but now I have a reference point so shouldn't happen again anytime soon. So many projects going I think it's gunna take a while longer to get me greenhouse roof up but can't wait too long I'll need to be flowering son :D
2017-04-02_20_11_56.jpg

So here is an updated pic for Sativa Sunday! GG4 is yellowing a little and the bubblechem is looking better. The GG4 did go through a little drought stress as I try to push that envelope often vs over watering. Just went a half day too long but now I have a reference point so shouldn't happen again anytime soon. So many projects going I think it's gunna take a while longer to get me greenhouse roof up but can't wait too long I'll need to be flowering son :D
2017-04-02_20_11_56.jpg

They are coming along quickly, the GG is looking about 2' in diameter :goodjob:

Nevermind, i see what it is now.

I made a cage out of livestock fencing that goes to the bottom of the fabric smart pot. It allows me to train the braches to grow horizontal vs vertical. Also in later stages of budding it can help to hold heavy branches up though I don't remember that issue at all in the last similar grow.

So I'm posting this pic again to show to the beginners how the plant is offset in the pot. This was the first pot the plant was topped and scrog'd in. If you look closely you will see I tried to transplant the base of each plant to one side(gg4 more than the bchm) and then bend the top over the other way. Couldn't offset much without damaging too many roots and i transplanted prematurely so I didnt force it to one side too much. Now the branches are still offset so when I transplant next time into larger pots I will again offset them to attempt to get the branches centered in the cage as much as I can. [/img]
2017-04-02_20_11_56.jpg

I have something similar going on as well, although I'm not planning a transplant again. I'm in 3 gallon pots and I can see now what my girls will be looking like in a few more weeks. I'm just trying to get the tops out far enough from each other to let them grow up and top them one more time. I'm going for 10 tops per plant and after seeing this I'm thinking chicken wire or tomato cages. Thanks for the explanation!

Maybe that helps. For me I've grown untopped. I have also topped. Topped and lst. Supercropped. But I never tried the netting. For me the first scrog I did was with this livestock fence in this tomato cage kinda vertical setup vs a horizontal net... For my situation it looked the most practical as my plants get huge and end up holding a lot of weight. I liked the fencing as it looked durable and reusable. Able to hold the young branches down and the old branches up. Also it was stuff I had laying around to recycle.

Basically I top around the 5th node or 5th set of branches. Then the plant gets bent over horizontally and the branches get trained. I really try to trim off weak lower branches and lower bud sites. And any branches that start to run away get supercropped. The end result was amazing. Great huge plants that all had a pretty even canopy. No giant colas but lots of medium size collas that all got even lighting. For me it's perfect. Maybe you can get some ideas here on 420mag and then find what works best for you. Pretty awesome place here. Really improved my growing reading all the journals here.

Unfortunately I can't try all the ideas at once. I mean I guess I could but anyway... I'll just have to go with the plan I have. I've started researching flowering, as I've got a solid idea for my Veg at this point. Any pointers for the flowering cycle? I've chosen my nutes for this first run and I'm learning my feeding schedule through the veg stage. Is it completely different for the flowering? I'm going simple this time Flora Nova for veg and then I got the bloom formula from them as well. Just wondering if there's anything beyond 12/12, low humidity, and not over feeding that I need to think about. Thanks again for your knowledge!

From last week.

IMG_75306.JPG

That's neat man gotta love a little ingenuity! I've seen people make them out of box fans and ice chests and 5 gallon buckets. Such a great tool. I'm amazed it's dropping your temps 20 degrees, is that with ice added?

Yes Sir! :thumb: I have a gallon jug at the end that I freeze the day before. I put it at the end of the intake so the air hits it just before it hits the girls. It raised the humidity to 70% for a while, now it seemed to even out to 40-60% during the lights out. Perfect with the seasonal changes. I wonder if I could run it during the peak summer temps, but the temps have been so bad in the past it's nerve racking to try.

Unfortunately I can't try all the ideas at once. I mean I guess I could but anyway... I'll just have to go with the plan I have. I've started researching flowering, as I've got a solid idea for my Veg at this point. Any pointers for the flowering cycle? I've chosen my nutes for this first run and I'm learning my feeding schedule through the veg stage. Is it completely different for the flowering? I'm going simple this time Flora Nova for veg and then I got the bloom formula from them as well. Just wondering if there's anything beyond 12/12, low humidity, and not over feeding that I need to think about. Thanks again for your knowledge!

From last week.

IMG_75306.JPG

I would suggest reading growweedeasy.com very easy to navigate and learn the basics and advanced stuff. Then after this batch. Well right now actually so it's ready for the next batch i would buy a higbrix kit from docbud if possible. Maybe the most foolproof autopilot way to grow and best flavor. Also read up here on 420magazine about his bud washing technique.

I would suggest reading growweedeasy.com very easy to navigate and learn the basics and advanced stuff. Then after this batch. Well right now actually so it's ready for the next batch i would buy a higbrix kit from docbud if possible. Maybe the most foolproof autopilot way to grow and best flavor. Also read up here on 420magazine about his bud washing technique.

I have several of their pages bookmarked in my "Green Thumb" folder. I've been studying up on flowering and when to flush, harvest and manicuring. Because of LST my plants are only 6 inches tall. I'm still training the to the edges, had a few epiphanies last night while adjusting them. It's all starting to crystallize now all I need to do is, as Mr. Miagi said, "Make like picture!"

Girls doing ok. Having issues with water quality so I will switch over to pure spring water and see how that does. Cloudy almost everyday so not any sunlight for a week or two now. Marshydro is doing good though. Plan to give some tea in the am.
2017-04-10_20_00_36.jpg

Whats up man, just stopping by...

Im sure the girls will bounce back in no time!

Have a stoney day my friend!:ganjamon:

Whats up man, just stopping by...

Im sure the girls will bounce back in no time!

Have a stoney day my friend!:ganjamon:

Thanks Kid! Yesterday I learned to balance my bike with the engine off. Then taught my friend I ride with the tricks I learned and watched him do the same. The look on his face, was like watching a child ride a bike for the first time. We both had permagrin all day lol.
Today I'm super amped too lol. Just got offline w DocBud. Sending him soil samples from an orchard site I have near my house. In a few years I should have some highbrix fruit! I've been stalking costco weekly and have already bought a few dozen apple, nectarine, cherry, peach and plum trees. Hope to add pear and a couple other fruits. Been a long time goal of mine. Really amped to get this finally going. Also I got the metal studs for my greenhouse roof so when work slows down I can start on that too.
Off to water the girls then to work. Guess I'll start to throw some pics in of the orchard in this journal as things progress. It's gunna take years but hopefully will be worth the work. Thanks for stopping by, I'll try to keep ya posted :D cheers bro

Thanks Kid! Yesterday I learned to balance my bike with the engine off. Then taught my friend I ride with the tricks I learned and watched him do the same. The look on his face, was like watching a child ride a bike for the first time. We both had permagrin all day lol.
Today I'm super amped too lol. Just got offline w DocBud. Sending him soil samples from an orchard site I have near my house. In a few years I should have some highbrix fruit! I've been stalking costco weekly and have already bought a few dozen apple, nectarine, cherry, peach and plum trees. Hope to add pear and a couple other fruits. Been a long time goal of mine. Really amped to get this finally going. Also I got the metal studs for my greenhouse roof so when work slows down I can start on that too.
Off to water the girls then to work. Guess I'll start to throw some pics in of the orchard in this journal as things progress. It's gunna take years but hopefully will be worth the work. Thanks for stopping by, I'll try to keep ya posted :D cheers bro

Balancing with no engine! I remember doing many of those for training lol but that definitely does sound like it was quite the day!

The high brix fruit should be exciting as well, how much soil is it gonna end up taking to fill the orchard? I've always wanted to grow all my own fruit and vegetables and be somewhat self sufficient, and hopefully one day I'll be fortunate enough to as you are!

Back
Top Bottom