SunWorshiper's Offgrid Greenhouse 730nm Flower Initiator & Marshydro 48

So learned a lesson last night. I was washing some harvest in the 3 buckets. I was almost done for the day and when I grabbed the last bunch of cuttings I noticed something. The last bucket looked soooo clean. Usually near the end of a session even the last bucket has a little crap in it. So I checked the 2nd bucket and it too was crystal clear. Now this bucket usually has a good amount of crap in it. So then I checked the 1st bucket which would have tons of crap and brownish color to it, well it was clean too! So my first thought was wow the bottom of this one plant stayed super clean all grow long. As I was starting to dip the last handfull for the day the truth dawned on me. I had forgotten totally to put in Doc's baking soda and lemon juice.
I then had to rewash the whole batch in an actual bud wash not just warm, hot and cold water. Anyway I wrote this because it shows the difference in methods. Without docs recipe bud washing just doesn't work. Thanks again doc, you da man! Without your work I'd be smoking dust, dander, skin cells and pollen that I'm severely severely allergic too. I'm sure some is still there but what a difference it makes doing what you can to clean the buds. Damn right down right awesome!

When you re-washed did you get dirty buckets?

I washed a branch that broke off in plain water and it was like smoking unwashed.
I'm smoking some organic properly washed bud right now, that's been curing for a single day and it's way smoother than any commercial weed I've ever smoked (and quite a bit smoother than my mate's unwashed bud that's been curing for around 1,5 month) ;)

When you re-washed did you get dirty buckets?

Dang I should have included that. YES! Second time when I had the baking soda and lemon finally added those buckets looked very dirty when we were done. I use blue buckets and you can see kinda but when I pour out the mix after washing into the white sink the water looks light brown. About like a 50/50 of sweet tea/water if anyone would ruin sweet tea like that :) it was a great comparrison. Thanks Doc, my lungs and taste buds say many many thanks. Many many thanks!

Is she in purple color? or because of the light? The buds look heavy.Congrates in advance.:bravo:
Bluedream only photogenic girl I got left. Not one vote for plant of month contest this month with bubblechem. My new goal is to get 3 votes next month :) baby steps lol
20161022_153718.jpg

Ok so I don't weigh the crop. Some is up in smoke already and some is going into edibles some will go into skin lotion and some will go into a deep cure thay will take a looooong time until it's ready to be consumed as medicine. Some is in a short cure. All types of uses and it all came down in stages so it was never weighed. Sorry man but total harvest is not my motive. My motive is ultra high quality medicine grown off grid. My next post will give the final results.

20161031_113152.jpg
Today is the first bowl of the rest of my life. DOC BUD way to go man. The high brix and bud wash taste and high is great. Not as harsh as any other outdoor I can remember smoking. Thanks for all your work man! Many thanks.

Now as for my grow. I was impressed that I made it to harvest but not so impressed with the density of th buds. This was a combo of my fault for a few reasons like element control and light coverage. I was way under gunned when fall came. I have all these ideas on how to make things better. But really one of the largest issues was this was the worst growing season(fall) anyone has ever seen here. It has been cloudy and rainy for months. Just horrible to grow or finish a crop. Next year will be better when the roof with more light penetration goes up. Still in a bad year like this it just hogs to much energy to grow. So I know in the near future I will have to build an auto black box blind set to harvest in august not october. Just flat UT have to grow with the best sun. Even in a bad year our summers have insane sun.

So I will wait to close the journal after a few weeks when the first round of cured buds are ready. Then I will do a writeup on all the strains.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom