SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

I'm not sure what kit I have. I remember reading last year yur supposed to top dress with recharge maybe and I did last year but not this year. Just kinda forgot probably because last year it seemed like a waste as since the plants only get watered a few inches below topsoil how top dress would do anything. If I was top feeding every water I could see top dressing doing something but indoors w no rain or top watering I don't see how sprinkling nutes on top of dry soil would change anything.

Also my problem may be applications. The instructions don't say how to mix per gallon of water only for sqft of garden. Well my garden isn't standard so sqft rates does nothing for me. Have to consolidate soil and then get it tested and then next year make sure doc checks my application rates.

The Hydro is doing OK so far. The girls still in soil are killing it now out in the sun. I'm guessing when the hydro girls adjust to the water they will start to kill it too. Also when I get them under some 315w and sunshine then they will pass the soil girls.

Either way I'll keep ya posted :)

Also when entering the room this am I found the new phantom 315 not running. It's either the bulb or my off grid power quality. I've been trying to make it trip again but hasn't happened. With the galaxy 315 it seemed to trip much easier. Guess I'll have to trouble shoot this too or eventually switch to 600w hps. The cheap 1k dimmable digital hps i have has never tripped so I feel maybe next year if I can't solve the 315 mystery that I'll need to make the switch to 600w dimmable digital hps. The 1k is just pretty hot so not good for my summer grow, fall grow yes but not summer. Plus 600w are more efficient than 1k and you get another focal point running 2 of them vs one 1k. Really hope I can solve this as I love the 315 spectrum so much. Kinda bummed I'm still chasing ghosts.

Alright the dog crate duck girls are killing it! After this I topped them. Also topped the hydro plants but they aren't doing as good. So I have moved them and redone EVERYTHING. Wait till you see what I was doing last night until the sun came up. Taking my organics to the next level. Well trying too lol
2017-07-21_20_30_35.jpg

2017-07-22_10_41_13.jpg
going to take the top nugs off the glue today or tomorrow. Still looks a little premi but not really, plus I'm trying a new theory someone used about harvesting with aroma as indicator not hairs or trichs. Said when you smell your plant explode with aroma is the window to harvest if your after best taste. When I want couch lock pain relief I go to my indica's anyway so no need to let this go extra ripe. Will try to post results in a few weeks.

Well I'm pretty peaved it's so hard to grow organic hydro. I can rant about all the misnomers and misleading's of some of the nutrient companies but let's just say there is a lot to be desired in the hydro world of organics. As in everything.

So after a ton of research I've came to the conclusion I'm on my own. I've gathered some gem info from some who have tried and failed and a few that have done OK or even the rare good or great.

So what I've done is try to address the weak links to organic hydro. Basically the issues are generally this
1- organic's clog the system
2- beneficial bacteria explode and become harmful bacteria.
3-nearly no option for nutes

For 1 I decided to install a pond filter that helps with system clogging chunks, which will also help with bacteria. I left out the carbon elements as I don't want carbon breaking down the nutrients I'm growing.

That's right number 3 I'm taking care of myself. Going to start raising fish again and this time will use their waste water in my nutes. I will run a blend of advanced nutrients mother earth organic tea along with a mild dose of organic earth juice or adcancel nutrients new organic line if I can get it anywhere as shops here still have old supply.

More on my fish project next. As for the hydro I also got a water chiller to keep temp ideal to help with these issues too. Got a t5 power veg uv going too now with some other assorted bulbs. Going to be an interesting learning curve.

20170723_110055.jpg
Up top is a closed loop hydro system. Below is a closed loop fishfarm. It's my own take on aquaponics. I will water with the fertilized fishwater but the fish won't be exposed to my nutes.

On the left there will be trout, center will be koi and right will be crawdads. Down the road I plan to have all black tubs and after that all much larger tubs. Also I will add a 4th tub. What that does is give me room for another species. I will run shrimp which will clean the water better than the crawdads. I have the trout first as they are much cleaner and efficient than koi. When I say first that means after the pond filter is the chiller then the cleanest water ges into the trout tub first, then koi, then mudbugs and finally shrimp.

In the longterm I'll rotate all the species so they all go into tanks in order. Then I'll start over and shuffle the tanks one direction. Meaning the trout will always rotate next into the tank the shrimp just got pulled fromm as this will be the cleanest tank. Then the koi go into old trout tub/tank and the crawdads go into the old koi tank and then the shrimp into the old crawdad tank. It will take some design work to easily disconnect and move the tanks and filter in correct order of water flow but that's my end goal.

I have already bought some butterfly koi as they are the best eye candy ever. But the workhorse of the project is the trout. They have a food conversion ratio that is almost unbeatable. 1:1 or 2:1 so 1-2 lbs of feed grows about that much fish. I'm not into farmed fish but man crawdads sound awesome. Our rivers aren't the nest around here so it will be nice to grow them in pristine water so they'll be edible.

I picked trout because I'm doing this in my garage which is 55 all winter and in the 60s spring and fall and just into the 70s a few months in summer. So being off grid it's more efficient to only run the power for a water chiller the 2 months a year when the fish need it vs growing a tropical fish like talapia or catfish and having to heat the water 8 months a year. Also I have power to play with in summer but no sun in winter so it would be extremely bad to add a electric load for water heaters during winter with no sunshine at all.

Im sure I'll post more later but that's a good rundown for now. Really feel like at this day and age hydro organic shouldn't still be an industry accepted impossibility. I've done impossible things before, damn I hope I can do it this time!

Drilled the drip holes from 3/32 to 7/64 that worked great but since I'm going organic I all got particles blocking the holes. So I went up to 1/8 drill but and thats been working great. I'm sure that will clog to so later I'll see if I can go up to 9/64 or 5/32

I'm sure there is a limit where the air drive stops lifting bubbles up but im guessing I still have room to experiment

Thanks kid :) haven't had the best grow year but won't complain. Cut the top buds of the GG4 today. 45 days from flip! Never cut buds this early before that looked this nice and finished. Didn't get the weight I could have im sure but still the trichs are nice and the even though the buds are small they are nice and dense. Happy she's done now and I can get her out of the greenhouse and start the next 4 in there. Get them a few weeks of veg before the next flip. Can't wait to try the new strains :)
2017-07-25_20_51_30.jpg

Update for the drip system on the hydro is great. The thing is running near flawless. Drilling the drip holes larger really helped. Tempting to go up another size but my nutes should just become better filtered when I do switch to hydro geared products. Pretty stoked so far. Also topped off the res with fish water and the plants look like they loved it. Just have to keep chipping away

Sweet! I can say I have definitely had some things go south in the garden this year more than id like to admit but now back on track and see that you are as well!

45 days since flip, what a harvest... Nice and quick, nothing better:thumb:

Thanks yes it's been a rough year and all operator error. Just glad that when the wind blew the door open hours into dark cycle the gg4 didn't hermy. Or from all the other stress I put her through. The hydro is doing better but will be a long time before it's dialed. I'm not sure if I messed my brix up with bad softner water accumulation from last year or bad spring water this year. I've changed water sources now and it's harder to get but is 40ppm so worth it. Been feeding it to the plants once the fish raise it to about 100ppm. Really I need a nitrogen test kit or meter. Until then it's fly by seat of pants. Worried they we r e getting too much so now I'm only adding micro nutrients and potassium with as little nitro as possible.

I am also running a few tests with the girls in soil trying to figure out from deduction if it was the water this year that was higher ppm. Hope to get things dialed so in the future I'll do better with less leg work and monitoring. Will post some pics soon of the grow op. Moved things around. Looking good :)

Wanted to share a technique. Before I would wait until these lowest branches got long enough then I would trim them. They never have the size needed to grow a decent bud I've tried many different ways to make the lowest branches produce and it never works for me. So after a while I just started to skip the waiting period and wasting energy while it grew long enough to cut. Now I use a razor blade so I can cut the branches off when they are still micro. Anyway here is a pic of what I'm talking about.

Hydrorganic slash kinda aquaponics is doing good. I've cut the earth juice grow out of my supplements and just using fish water as the source of nitrogen. This has been great as the earth juice grow was the one that clogged the system the most. Still been adding beneficial's but in very small doses. Along with meta k, catalyst, little bloom and some microblast. And a little vitamins and leonardite etc. Probably will bloom with an earth juice product but still not sure yet.
Also not sure when but asap I need to suck it up and do one group where I use 4 of the same clones and test out 4 different hydrorganic nute schedules.
Thinking of
1: Iguana Juice bloom advanced nutrients
2: earth juice bloom
3: earth juice sugar peak bloom
4: roots organics bloom

Hate buying plastic bottles of nutes so also will be dreaming of how to make my own organic nutes for flowering. So far I'm loving the fishwater for grow. The new leaves look absolutely amazing. Bought a nitrogen test kit yesterday at the fish store so hope to see if I can get any kind of indicator for future use as to how much the plants like.
Hope to post a close up pic of leaf color tonight but for now here is the querkle, cb, frisian duck and secret duck along with some tomatos.
2017-07-29_11_33_47.jpg

Back
Top Bottom