SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

Non ducklings doing good too lol. Querkle has some serious vibes going.
2017-07-01_10_31_50.jpg

Watered veggies and seedlings today. Also removed the 315w. It would not stay lit. Been chasing the source all week. First I thought it was because it was on the same circuit as the air conditioner. Then I tried new timer. Then no timer. It just trips when the power surges. Not every time but once a day for sure. Didn't want to jump to blaming the lamp but I seen it flip when my ac turned on. I seen it flip when my well pump turns on. I seen it flip when my a/c shuts off. Not every time but usually once a day or more.

Going to try to exchange it with hydrobuilder and until then use this 1k hps from last year. Kinda bummed I really like the dimmable feature for off grid and also to dim down while working in the garden. Hope to get things going again soon with the 315. Dang nice lamp and spectrum. Little heat. I love the 1k just not this time of year lol.
2017-07-02_13_53_58.jpg

Well hit her with some cat drench today. It was maybe a week earlier than I'd like but only watering every 2 weeks I don't have any room to play. Should be another cat drench in 2 weeks then a flush 2 weeks after that and then harvest a week later. Hope she likes the drench! Amped to see her really start flowering now :)

Took another 15 min off the light timer this weekend. So now at 11:15/12:45 day/night. Going to flip next week and not subtract from the evening but from the am. I got up at 5 am today and my light set for 5:30. Lights came on at 530 and the sun supposed to be up at 5:45 but it didn't hit the solar panels until 6:20. So I need to save my batteries and subtract from the am again next weekend so I'll be that much more close to sunrise. Wasn't such a big deal with a led and 315 dimmed to 150w. But dang that 1k still draws 500w on 50% set for am.

Growing off grid is a challenge and a learning experience. I tried to pull the blackout today for a few hours and it heated up so fast. I can tell it's getting to the part of the year where most days greenhouse is just gunna stay covered all day. Lights should get dialed in soon though and in another few months I'll be able to leave off blackout everyday. Still MUCH less stress than last year LOL
20170703_115123.jpg

Heya SW how's things in your world?

Looking great around your GR our friend :) we can only imagine the trials you face doing this off grid, has to be a kick though. We need to pick your brain on this off grid gig, our electric is stupid up here and it would be nice to kick the power company to the curb :rofl:

Hope you and yours have a wonderful and SAFE 4th. Take care our friend.

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Howdy Artic! Thanks it's going ok here. Not really but if I complain it just gets worse :/ lol. But being here on 420mag always helps a Lil :) solar is just now getting affordable. Where you can't afford not to. Prices will keep dropping and products getting bettee and better. Do you run lights at night or daytime?

Love the Web on this duck girl! Secret Duck looking good. Veg room got 92 couple days ago. The critical bilbao and Querkle showed discoloration from the heat stress. BOTH duck strains frisian and secret both look vibrant green. Glad to see the hardiness of the duck carried over through the cross.
2017-07-04_09_57_40.jpg

Hydrobuilder called today. I emailed them Friday night. Glad to see a company with good customer service. It was a holiday weekend so it's nice to see them handle my claim first thing back to work. The new 315w ballast is on its way and I'll return the galaxy tomorrow. Really can't wait as it's 100 degrees here so the 1000k is way more heat and light than I need rt now. Maybe later I'll look for another dimmable remote 315 ballast but for now it's going to be a phantom 315w normal ballast. Hope this next one works I really love the spectrum.

:circle-of-love:It's my pleasure,i like to visit your garden
Sara glad to have you back! Thanks for the compliment, the duck is close to my heart :) hope all has been well for you:Namaste:

Alright I got the other solacure uv a 4ft bulb installed. This one is about a foot or so from the buds and the other was about 3. I like to introduce lights slowly so the first was at 3 ft. In a few days I'll probably lower it to about 2 ft away. The plant also gets rotated 1/4 turn every day so all the buds will get exposure to uv a vodo lol. Time will tell :)
2017-07-10_14_08_41.jpg

Update: so the seedling girls have been stressed a few weeks ago by minor heat exposure. It was in the low 90s for a few hours. But still I got stressed plants which tells me they had something else going on and that just was the breaking point or straw that broke the camels back. They have been turning yellow and getting burnt tips. I tried destress/high brix sprays and transplant watering. I tried grow and cat drench where needed too. Still the tips are burnt and leaves yellowing on the GG4 and seedlings. So I've decided to scrap the next grow with high brix and go with earth juice. EJ worked good for my bubble Chem last year and I have a bunch leftover so at least I'm staying pretty organic.

When I have more time in fall I'll consolidate all my high brix soil, mix it and then send off a sample for testing. Either I've been mixing nutes wrong or my watering with 50% stream and 50% tap water sent soil out of whack because my water was either too hard or softened both of which will cause issues.

Still looks like the GG4 will make it to harvest well enough :) today i took an old dog crate and covered it w mosquito screen to keep the grasshopper's off and also offer a little shade and reduced temps. If it gets stupid hot again outside I'll place it where it only gets direct morning sun and partial midday but fully shaded by about 1 or 2 pm as the heat peaks here at 4pm. Always seems like I can cheat a little and if I have issues I can overcome many of then by just getting plants outside under the sun. But not too hot. I've had same clones in same soil do better outside vs inside w good window light and supplemental light. Just a darker shade of green and overall healthier plant.

Kind of thinking I'm going to run outside rt now and add another layer of screen on top to give more shade. Once a few days go by and they're more acclimated to the sun and heat I'll maybe remove the second layer. Anyway stay thirsty my friends!
20170715_144216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom