SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

Thanks kid! Yeah Im super amped to get the 315 going. I've never seen one but hear it is amazing. Between that and some led and some uvb lights I should have it all pretty well covered. Frisian ducks should be here soon! You meased with uvb lights at all?

I have not worked with uvb, but I probably will sometime in the future. I've only messed with LED, HPS, and CMH. I'm stoked to see how you're uvb will affect your girls growth rate and flowering and such

Hooked up the old 1k hps today. Still a few more days until our temps get stupid and by then the final cord for the 315 should be here. Pictured here the 1k set at 500watts. Mars hydro led comes on at first light then after I get enough sun power on the solar panels I turn on the 1k to 500. Then after I get even more power I crank it up to 1k. Then finally the sun enters the room and then I turn off the lights and roll the girl into the sun. :) well for now at least. Pic soon

Day 13 of bloom for gg4. So I've been starting to switch on bloom spectrum on the marshydro and now also have the hps going. I've been trying to practice c.a.d. in the mornings for an hour or too. Also wind blasting plant to keep it short an minimize the stretch. Seems to be working.
2017-06-23_10_31_17.jpg

I'll be waiting to see a new light hanging!!

Awesome light :thumb: pictured here is the 315watt ceramic metal halide with the sun drowning it out. Bulb had a nice peachy white glow. Phillips 3k bulb. I can see neon blue rarefraction in the inner bulb or lense. Pretty neat spectrum and this thing runs pretty dang cool. I was hoping to have it turn on with lights on tomorrow but as I was shutting down the garden the ac kicked the condenser on and the ballast shut down. So I unplugged it and will go in tomorrow with a dedicated light circuit. Hopefully everything turns on again fine lol. Bulb looks good.

Really loving the dimable ballast. Galaxy sunlight supply.

Now to get the rest of the girls going and to scrounge up another couple hundred within the next month to try out the dimable 400watt 10k uvb before the gg4 ripens. Reading it's best to use really just the last 2 weeks so I have some time. Next year I'll buy a mh and or hps bulb to run in the 400w ballast when it's not using the 10k bulb. I may go 600w but that's another story lol.

Looking good in the garden today. Put a coat of semi gloss paint on the already painted evening sun facing walls and I'm digging it. Looks kinda wet even when dry and should reflect better. Tomorrow I hope to paint the morning sun facing wall. Probably my last few days before my flower room really becomes a flower room, so the work window is small. Feels more pro in here day by day lol.

20170624_154629.jpg

Liking the look of that CMH! Do you ever plan to get a hood for that bulb or do you think it's better with just the bulb?

Kid that depends on if I have to go total indoor style during July 15th-Aug 15th our hottest part of the year to keep heat down. If I can still squeeze in a few hours a day of direct sunlight then I'll leave the bulbs bare vert. If I go blackout for a full month then I'll probably get a reflector for that time period. It's better for me as supplemental light to have it bare vert to not block the sun. It was tricky finding a 315 remote dimable ballast. Most have the ballast connected to the reflector on a horizontal bulb. That would just cast too much shade for the plants. Kinda a work in progress.

Pictured a pic of the blackout pulled and only 315 on for ya. There are a few little shady spots on the plant which is about 3ft x 3ft with the bare vert bulb but in a tent or room with another light or lights and plants that got rotated it wouldn't bother me I don't think. Maybe in some cases but so many ways to skin the cat and everything has pros and cons. I'd also say some of the plant is getting kick ass light. Also the spectrum is great and the light does seem to have a higher frequency. Pretty awesome time to be alive :)

You have the grow bug now lol, planning the future. Your set up is great . the lights are mounted quit high, but you do have that big bulb in the sky helping.

Thanks Suntana. The marshydro is about 24" away and that's as close as I like to get with that light. The 315w being a new spectrum, you're right it's too high for now but once it's gets acclimated I'll lower the bulb half a foot or so. It is a supplemental light but then there are a few hours a day where it is the main light so I will slowly lower the 315 to its sweet spot. Thanks for the advise bro.:tokin:

Auryte! So got the far wall primed and will paibt semigloss today. Oh and also a bunch of down stairs primed too but that gets paint next year. Still have a bunch of cleanup to do both stories but it is looking much better inside now. Made room to paint and now I can get the gg4 in the morning sun at about 9am vs 10am. This saves me power as I can roll the plant away from the lights and into the sun earlier.

It was hot yesterday and as is I couldn't keep the temp below 82 until I pulled the blackout. It's only going to get hotter so today I will experiment with closing the blackout early, maybe 1 o'clock, then seeing how my temp do with lights on during the hottest part of the day but rolling into earlier. I'm thinking on the days I'm at home I can get a few hours of morning sun before it gets hot out and then blackout and try to keep my tens low before the daily heatwave hits.

I've been reading to keep the temp in the 70s for best flavor. Also everything for flavor lol. Lights, soil, water, day/night temps, nutes, etc etc etc... but I feel I have everything down pretty good except my temps and my lights. With some sun, leds and hids and uvb my grow should be about all a guy could ask for in lighting department for my situation. I've also been reading where going to less than 12/12 helps many plants express themselves better. Also speeds up harvest but can loose on yield. Yield isn't that important to me but time is this year and also would like to see how it compares to a normal gg4 grow.

So I've decided to and have been for a few weeks now reducing my light schedule. It will help me clear the room faster for the next grow which I'd rather change the "middle" of my day from 11am to 1:30 pm as that's closest to solar noon and in the fall I won't have the heat problems I'll have light problems.

What I'm doing is going from 12/12 down to about 10.5/13.5 over the bloom months 15 mins a week subtracted. My next grow I'll probably go from veg of 18/6 then to a soft flip of 16/8. Then really day 1 start's and I'll start taking off 15 minutes a day alternating from morning reduction to evenings every day. Once I get to 12/12 I'll only reduce 15 minutes every week so then alternating the reduction from mornings one week then evenings the next week. Ballpark it should take most my strains an extra week to start flower but should ripen a week faster so overall it would be a wash. I did the calculations and I'd have about 2days(12 hour days) extra light in the begging of the grow when she is strething and would loose about 2 days of light when she is ripening.

If I can have sick lighting and also get a few solid hours a day of great sunshine I don't think the loss in yield if any will matter. Gunna be fun to try it out.

I've usually done similar schedule's in the past. I've done some grows at 12/12 but really only liked that for indy grows. I've just never gone down below 11/13 so this will be intersting. Have to play it by ear a Lil and see how the weather sunshine/temp's do. If fire season is bad that could alter things too. Just that once I have real sun minus the uv on my plants I don't feel so tied down to the 12/12 indoor mantra. I think it affects yield more indoor than outdoor imho. I'm kinda in the middle so will tweak the light schedule as such.

2017-06-26_09_16_22.jpg

Just checked the grow. 91 degrees outside temp and 68 degrees inside. Humidity 50% inside and 20% outside. That's awesome :) maybe hope to still get 4 or 5 hours of strong direct sunlight and still not overheat my bloomroom. Pretty amped as I feel I might have some room to work with when summer temp peak. I'll be stoked to keep the temp's in the 70s. Still need to check my gauges this evening and see what the peak was in case it goes up after the peak heat of the day in an hour or so. Will update tonight.

Back
Top Bottom