SunWorshiper's Offgrid Greenhouse 730nm Flower Initiator & Marshydro 48

Re: Duckfoot's Offgrid Greenhouse Hibrix 730nm Flower Initiator Marshydro Reflector 4

Just sprayed hibrix foliar, woo-hoo :)
2016-09-20_11_52_25.jpg

Re: Duckfoot's Offgrid Greenhouse Hibrix 730nm Flower Initiator Marshydro Reflector 4

Did a massive trimming last night. This is a new style and environment of growing for me so it is learn as I go. Turns out the huge amounts of lower branches and but sites I cut off over the last few months were not enough. I still had lower branches that were 2 or 3 ft long with tiny buds. Way behind. Many even did have buds. A a dozen or so didn't even have hairs. As in no hairs at all. NONE. Lol. So I went to town on the girls and really cleaned up the understory. My humidity has been very high so bud rot and mold is a concern. I trimmed to help them breath and dry out a little better. I do have a dehumidifier running but it still gets humid everyday at times. Often at night when I dont have the power to run the dehumidifier constantly. This is a crazy juggling act. All my other grows have been crazy fun too but being offgrid makes things much more complicated and challenging. I have big plans for the future grows. Trying to maximize my resources. Hope to squeeze one more bubblechem yield in before winter hits... might have to bring her inside the house for a few weeks to finish as t her greenhouse will be shut down by then. Now to start planning out next season :)

I guess you spent lot of time there to cut those extra leaves off...it's in the forest.:goodjob:

Ok so couple days ago did a massive trimming of lower branches and lower/mid leaves. Today I did a serious trimming on the mid and upper canopy. When I stood back to take pics I saw more bud sites but it looked just as dense and congested lol. But no doubt the girls will breath better now and have less mold issues.
Still working on lowering the humidity but it's a battle. Before the next watering when the plants are at their lightest I will rotate them and crawl behind them to finish trimming what I can't reach currently. I was hoping not to trim so much but with the humidity issues and the sunshine being horrible for the last month I really have to attack the grow from a new angle.
Wishing I had more sun to make more power to run more lights, yet then I wouldn't need the lights as bad... once I build the roof I will try my luck next season with light movers. Cheapest watt per sqft, if they stay working lol.
Also hope to have a Blackbox system going so I can harvest earlier, possibly multiple vests. Anyway here is a shot of after today's thinning.
2016-09-21_12_13_01.jpg

Hope the low leaves dont bring any humedity problems now... They look prety nice!

Thanks. :blunt: The rain and makeshift roof is my main issue. I have just a little water that enters the room when it rains. This is a mountain high desert but it has been raining all month! Every week they say sunshine next week. But it never comes, always next week! So I will try to help the room get dry and stay dry best I can after work today. Good news is after all that trimming the airflow is much better at those lower levels now. Still really kinda hoping the rain eases off...

So it's all I can do rt now to keep the greenhouse in the 60s during the day. At lunch I decided to revamp the setup a little. Added another marshydro reflector 48. When I can get a hand I will raise the bubblechem up half a foot or so to be closer to the lights.
My outdoor greenhouse is turning more into an indoor greenhouse because the plants aren't getting much sunlight. Have to go back to an indoor mindset.
After this pic I yet again trimmed some leaves. Should be done trimming for real now until rt before next water when I can reach those neglected unreachable spots. I think it will pay off as some of the leaves I took were sweating from touching other leaves w no airflow.
Overall pretty happy with my grow. Hopefully can keep it going and not have to trim too much more or end up throwing away rotten buds. Looking forward to harvest and putting all this time investment behind me. Looking forward to this winter and downsizing the grow from the greenhouse to the closet. Much less stress over the time invested and can start my ducksfoot breeding project :morenutes:
2016-09-22_11_16_54.jpg

Heard from my friend today who is also trying out the flower initiator in a makeshift greenhouse here in montana. He has a few more strains going than myself. His go to strain has always been the tangie because it's the only strain that would harvest in time for him. After so many years he began to resent it's harshness and redundancy. So when he heard about the 730nm he was all about trying out new strains. Anything besides the tangie lol.
Well none of this really matters with all except one strain. Because he has only grown one strain, the same genetics, in this location before. All the other strains are new so he has no baseline or reference. According to my bro the Sour Diesel is WAAaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead now compared to where it was this day in september last time he grew it outdoors.
So this is the first real feedback I have to offer on the 730 nm flower initiator light. My grow is going good but I have nothing to compare it to. I just know my garden looks like it will harest in time and in the beginning my friend said nothing harvests in time here except the tangie. I'm very excited to know that it opens up the door for growing so many more strains for us both. He is very amped to have something in the pantry besides tangie this year lol.
I can't wait to get this 730nm in an indoor grow in a few months and get it into a real controlled environment that I can actually give feedback with lol. I will probably start flowering inside with a 13/11 light cycle which would fool the plant into growing like a 13/13 light cycle but still during a 24 hour period.
Really interests me to think I could maybe increase yield a touch with an extra hour of lights while also getting more traits to express themselves with the extra hour of dark. It sounds like having your cake and eating it too, which means I'd never believe it except for seeing what it's done for us so far. So far 730nm Flower initiator is delivering as promised.

Ok so I just realized how much of an idiot I have been. By choosing my favorite rare strain as my screen name all I have done is to make it harder to google the ducksfoot. I hope I can undo some of this but for sure I will stop what I can asap.
It's been bugging me that I found out after there is a guy named or called wally duck. And his name is synonymous with ducksfoot to many people. So I already felt like more of a poser than I already am when I had someone call me a legend and it started to make sense how my name could confuse people.
Really I was just trying to bring attention to the DF by choosing that name. But in hindsight now people confuse me w Wally and when I try to Google history and leads on DF my journal and my stupid comments pop up as results. Lol.
So I will contact a mod and see what is the best course of action from here. Until then I will stop commenting outside the journal and will try to only post pics here. I will start thinking of a new handle as well.
To my 420friends thanks for following and I will update as this gets ironed out and to Wally Duck... not sure who you are and what you have done for the strain but I know it's a bunch and well appreciated. I'm not sure if all the duck is your doing or if you are it's keeper. Not sure if the duck I've grown long ago was of your lines but I do know sooner or later I'll get some new duck going which from what I can tell would all be from crosses of your work. Thanks for your work whatever it was and will be.

Back
Top Bottom