Pacific Northwest Outdoor Grow 2017

Hey OG! Awesome glad to hear you were on a trip with your wife and had a good time! Pretty awesome your son and brother helped ya out. At times I wish my family was involved with my hobby - maybe one day. Hopefully your neighbors are cool and didn't mind returning those chickens! :) Nice to have you back and look forward to your next update - especially after you super crop those ladies!

:rollit:

What ya got going OG? they gotta be huge I've gone through before and if you give the branch you want to grow slower a pinch on the stalk it will slow it down letting lower branches catch up and I've gone through and cut off every top that was above my target height pinching worked better to slow them up.

been a bit crazy getting the time to post anything, that and the fact that I really can not get very descent pictures of the girls since they are inside a greenhouse and they have gotten so big.The buds on them are very small since they just started producing flowers so I will not be concentrating on the buds until they start developing more.
We got a little rain last night which was the 1st we have had in months, really does not effect the girls though because we had lower temperatures yesterday and today I will not be able to feed them again until tomorrow.
I am sure you would rather just see pictures as opposed to my ramblings, so here are a couple I took this morning after I went through and did some defoliating.
IMG_257924.jpg
IMG_257226.jpg
IMG_257524.jpg
IMG_257726.jpg

My walkway is pretty much gone, though I just push through the branches to get from one end to the other.
All the plants are showing buds but they are about the size of peas at the moment, now the fun begins.
My partner on the Twister T4 just finished harvesting their inside grow and tells me that they are pleasantly surprised on how good of a job it did on the flowers, originally they were only planning on using it on the lower grade buds and continuing to hand trim the premium colas but once they gave it a go they are using the T4 for everything. I am hoping to make it out to their grow today possibly to see the results since I have been just to busy to make it out to see it in action. Something tells me come harvest time I will be grateful I spent the money on a trimmer since I HATE trimming.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and your gardens are green and happy.

Holy shit what a grow just sat down for the last hour to read through your journal and I am impressed (slow reader) plants are incredible nice job OG

All of the girls are showing buds now but that is not what has me excited today. I got a call from Home depot today informing me that the Whynter 14 ton dual hose AC I ordered has arrived and ready to be picked up. It is a nice little addition for my indoor grow later on in the year. It has a built in dehumidifier built in, now I am kind of kicking myself for not coughing up the extra 60 bucks to get the model that also has a built in heater. Oh well live and learn, either way I am stoked. I might see if there is a restocking fee if I get the upgraded model with the heater.. if it costs me less then a 100 bucks I may have to go for it.

As soon as the sugar starts setting in I will get a few more photos up

Till then stay safe and keep it green

Great news, I stopped in after work and asked if I could change my order and they said no problem, in fact they did not even charge me a restocking fee which made it even sweeter. The 1st thing I intend to use it for is to control the temp and humidity in the room I plan on drying and curing my outdoor crop.
As for 2 hose verses 1 hose and which to get, I spent a bunch of time researching all of my options. Personally I would have preferred a split unit but putting that into a tent might have been a trick, perhaps when I retire and build my grow room and retire the tents for a real grow room, but for now I will settle for the dual hose portable. It is the most efficient of the 2 options I had to choose from. I did consider a 1 hose if I could find a used one for under a $100 but apparently here in Oregon everyone thinks their used crap is worth its weight in GOLD. I am sure that since it is still hot as hell here has a lot to do with the costs of used AC units being so freaking high.

Ducked out Monday with the wife to check out the eclipse, was worth the hour drive south to see. Had a lot of fun and met a bunch of interesting folks from all over the country and a few from outside the USA. Was a nice break from all the craziness that is in the world stage right now, to bad it could not last longer.

stay safe and keep your gardens green and pest free

Thanks for the compliment. I completely understand how life can eat up a lot of ones time. Though since posting this morning and after uploading myself, I got a wild hair up somewhere and decided to add a few more plants in the greenhouse. I just figured why not since I have the room. I added a couple of peppermint plants because I heard that many insects do not like them and i added bell peppers, leeks and a lemon tree. Though the lemon tree will be kept in a pot so I can move it inside for the winter. Was also thinking about possibly putting in some strawberries but that will have to wait till after I upload some more. Still have not got my exhaust system set up either and with the forecast, I may want to upload heavily and just get it done today.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
hey old grower how you doing i was just reading threw your journal and saw this about the peppermint just thought i would say if you put that in the ground it sends roots up to 3-4 feet away it will turn into a monster i have one in my vegetable garden and i chop it all the way back twice each season to keep it under control i like your set up it's nice and big lots of room for many plants!:thumb:

Any pic updates to come?

Sorry I have not gotten anything up sooner, been super busy with work and life in general. Spent most of this morning defoliating and cutting out small branches which I do not feel will produce buds I am looking for. That is a full time job in its self, I am no where close to being on top of that chore. Had to tie up a few of the branches since they are now beginning to put on some weight though they have a LONG way to go.
IMG_270322.jpg
IMG_270217.jpg
IMG_269422.jpg
IMG_269016.jpg
IMG_268914.jpg
IMG_257924.jpg

It is hard to get decent pictures due to the size of the plants and how crowded they are but I think you can get the jest of what they are doing. They are just starting to show some crystal but not enough to justify any bud pictures just yet. That will have to be later on.

Sorry I have not gotten anything up sooner, been super busy with work and life in general. Spent most of this morning defoliating and cutting out small branches which I do not feel will produce buds I am looking for. That is a full time job in its self, I am no where close to being on top of that chore. Had to tie up a few of the branches since they are now beginning to put on some weight though they have a LONG way to go.
IMG_270322.jpg
IMG_270217.jpg
IMG_269422.jpg
IMG_269016.jpg
IMG_268914.jpg
IMG_257924.jpg

It is hard to get decent pictures due to the size of the plants and how crowded they are but I think you can get the jest of what they are doing. They are just starting to show some crystal but not enough to justify any bud pictures just yet. That will have to be later on.
I just wanted a reference How far they are into flower seems to me last year's crop at this time was further along flowering but mine look about the same as yours into flower thanks

Back
Top Bottom