SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

:goodjob:that's great
It's been great. Staying in the 70s :) humidity has been great too rt around 50. I've been pretty happy with the grow so far. Little nutrient issues but really all and all pretty good so far. :)

Couldn't sleep last night. Girls got me stressed. They just been stunted so long. Today they did grow good though. The earth juice and sunshine have really helped. Still my time line is really behind. So I decided to use a hydro kit I bought a year or two ago hydrofarm makes. I drilled extra holes in the tray to take it from a drip irrigation to dwc and added an air stone in the lower res.

Mixed the nutes today with earth juices soil mix. Will get to town in the next few days and get earth juice hydro nutes. Anyway I transplanted the critical bilbao and secret duck today into the hydro. Went very well. Only stunted them for a couple hours before they started to grow again. Amped to have some hydro going this year. Now I got highbrix and hydro!
20170717_115808.jpg

2017-07-917_22_14_01.jpg
have the lights on for a few hours at the end of the day and beginning to make sure things stay in veg mode. Everything starting to grow again with the sunshine. The duck, both strains of it, are doing better than the Critical bilbao and the querkle. Just such a hardy strain the duck. Still it was stressed too and you know you've done something wrong when even the duck stresses out. Really glad to see the color coming back and leaf health. They grew about half an inch today. Much better than the suspended animation they've been stuck in. Time will tell. So much to go wrong with hydro and I haven't grow hydro for almost 2 decades lol. Things sure have changed :)

20170718_114100.jpg
here are the frisian duck girls. I lined them up to pick out one for hydro. I picked the middle left as it was showing less stress than the other's and also had the most indica growth patterns. I also picked a querkle for the hydro so I have my 4 total for my next flower round.

20170718_112742.jpg
got the new 315phantom ballast today. Didn't trip once yet. Still using the Phillips bulb i was using with the other dimmable ballast. Hopefully the 2ND catdrench yesterday and better spectrum today will help bring some color back in the leaves. If not hopefully they will at least hold on long enough to harvest in a few weeks :). Cutting it pretty close as is.

Going to give a rundown on why I choose this hydro setup last year.

This was pre knowledge of doc buds highbrix kit. Im a hydro guy at heart. Started with soil but after I got my first hydro kit it was a long time before I went back to soil. Eventually i aged lol and started chasing flavor and organic food mentality in my buds.

I tried hydro organic back then but never did well so that's when I went back to soil and fed organics. Then I stopped growing and now recently once I got my script I bought this general hydroponics kit hoping that the rumors of decent hydro organic nutes was true. Luckily during that research phase but after I bought my kit I found highbrix. Had just enough time to cook my soil and pull off last year's vest. So glad I skipped the dro because the flavor of the brix was hard to beat.

Here I am now glad I had the hydro kit on hand for this crisis. Pretty awesome kit. There is a bunch of reasons why I went w this kit. I'll try to cover what I can as to why.

I found a thread titled "official all things waterfall thread" in another forum. The member there had amazing results with a similar GH kit. But the stock kit is a drip system. He modified the basket and added a airstone to make it a hybrid dwc and drip system. Lots of yield and super fast. Super health roots.

What I liked was that it addresses some of the problems with other hydro systems. It uses air to move water not impellers. Since it is a drip and dwc system if you run them on different airpumps you have another level of redundancy or plan b. Not only does each pod have 2 airsupplies but also two watering supplies. Or more if you consider the recirc airpump in the reservoir and airstones in there too. That will keep the water topped off and also O2.

In the past I've used systems that clogged easy or killed my whole grow when one pump goes. This modified kit here could limp you through a day or more if one of the pumps died. And with air and gravity it keeps everything topped off.

Still a million ways to have a plant die but I'm really excited about getting back into hydro and having it not be so stressful worrying about a pump dying while I'm gone. Also amped to see how much flavor in can get. Yield is always nice too :) in the long run I hope to get one highbrix grow in per year and one or 2 hydro grows. Gives me more options for medicine and for strain development.

Dang man sorry to hear about your dog. Never easy loosing family.

One of mine actually walked over and started to lift a leg on this lol. I yelled just in time to save my veggies. He's no longer allowed in the front yard until winter hits.

The plants have been doing good in there. Veggies awesome and all but one medicinal plant. I noticed tonight one CB had claw leaf which I think was from heat today. But still theyve been growing and getting greener. Next few days will be even a little hotter yet so I'm planning on using some plywood to lean against it in the afternoons for more shade. The native grass here pretty much only grows in the shade of trees. It gets brutal hot at 4pm and humidity often in low teens. Things grow much better here if they get shaded by 1 or 2 pm. Maybe I'll try some shade cloth on the south side and part of the top so it still gets airflow vs using plywood. Put that on my list for tomorrow when I go to get new nutes :) I will say I'm pretty happy with the cage. It keeps out hundreds of grasshoppers daily and also rodents. I should put it on a table or saw horses and it would be even better.

The heat can be a nightmare for sure, probably would hurt to hose down the ground around the plants when it's that dry. Around here has been hot and dry too. It's been a battle lol

Funny you say that I was thinking about running a hose to the cage and having a mister or drip system saturate the ground around them. I have sprinklers right there but they make too much over spray when they land. I think I need to try the perforated hose to keep the plants dry but the ground cool and wet.

I like seeing that you're gonna do some hydro as well! It will be interesting to see the different end products and the Pros and Cons

Hoping your gg4 makes a solid recovery with those yellowing leaves as well. I bet that new CMH will fix it like you said.

Are you using the "new" kit formulas or the old ones? Just cause I know with the old formulas sometimes you'll have to topdress with epsoms and/or bloodmeal in mid to late bloom. I know I have do this for my Skywalker girl otherwise she yellows. Can't wait to start running the new formulas so I don't have to worry about that haha...

Have a good day man! :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom