SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

So flip hit 12/12 last night. I was wanting to try going slower but I just don't have enough experience with this hydro and strains to push the limits yet. Wish hadnt topped the querkle. Oh well next time. So here are the flip stats.
18" Secret Duck
15" Frisian Duck
14" Critical
9" Querkle

I'm guessing the Querkle will kinda be a joke and finish at 18" tall. The ducks could go anywhere from 3'-4.5' tall. I run out of space when the plants hit about 3.5-4 ft so I'm praying none of them get that tall. I know indicas about double in size and hybrids and sativas often double or triple. I sure hope they don't triple lol. I doubt it but I'm trying to play it a little on the safe side. I don't need to grow huge plants as I still hope to get in 1 more harvest of 4 small/medium plants.
Not sure what ill do in the spring. I keep thinking about the duck breeding project and also becoming a provider. I really do like to have unique breeding programs happening but only being allowed 4 plants really makes it about impossible to do correct and legal. Then I think about providing and realize it still wouldn't give me the ability to breed duck as that's not what patients want.

I think I should put the duck program on hold and focus on mastering my growing skills. I need a little more experience to feel comfortable taking on others medicinal needs. Mostly I feel like I can grow and cure great medicine but I need to perfect my flavor. Trying different soils more than hydro. Or nutes for the soil more than hydro. I'm in love with docs kit but I haven't grown for so long I'd feel better testing side by side that with other methods. Maybe in the spring be I can fit in a grow before the fish need the chiller. With my extra rez I could do 4 clones side by side. 2 clones in hydro with different nutes and 2 clones in soil. Maybe do super soil for one and the local secret recipe for the other.

Then pick the winner of the soil and put it up against the highbrix kit for the summer grow. I feel like hydro is great but not if very get lots of patients and go big. But with 4 plant max per patient and 1oz laws it makes growing large plants not very tempting and from my experience small/medium size plants in soil are not very well worth it. Then again it depends on the patient too as to what their main desires are. So I go back to trying to learn both and putting the duck program on hold.

There has been a few terminal patients long ago who tried my medicine and said it was the best they had ever tried. That made me proud yet also sad because I personally had tried better medicine myself from older growers and or better funded growers. Was very happy I could help someone dying and to hear them say that's the best medicine they've ever had but also sad inside as I know I could have done even better. Those were the good days back when we had religious exemption and could share medicine. Least back then I could help others.

A guy dying of cancer last year asked me to sell him some weed but I couldn't do it under current laws. Much as I love to help others it's not worth going to prison for. I was leary about becoming his provider then as I don't want my home to be open to random police search. I don't have anything to hide just not all cops here are respectable individuals. I've met some great cops here I'd invite over for dinner and some that are a disgrace to the badge and who nobody would ever want in their home. Especially not with an open ended warrant. The other problem was my potential patient only had a few months to live and didn't really have the desire to get his license when he only has such a short time. Also he didn't want most his family to know and getting himself to the doctor for a prescription was impossible. Having the doc stop by wouldn't work or even having his card mailed to his house.

I just see the strains and my growing has come a long way. Yeah off grid I have extra issues but im confident if I had a real grow op I could do pretty good for myself and others. So I'm toying with the idea of taking on patients and getting a grow location ongrid. Until then I need to stop messing around with ducks and fish lol and start to focus on hydro and soil medicine. Maybe one day I'll be able to share medicine again legally and then start the duck program :D

Nature's nectar arrived. He nitrogen and phosphorus bottles do not say omri and the ingredients are

Nitrogen=soy protein hydrolysate
Phosphorus=bat guano, calcium lactate

The potassium and organa add bottle are omri certified and ingredients

Potassium=ascophyllum nodosum,potassium hydroxide

Organa add is odd as many ingredients sound synthetic but are certified as omri

Organadd=soy protein, hydrolysate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, magnesium sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate and borax.

There you have it. I believe the new bottles of nature's nectar are all omri but the old bottles are still not. Not sure if the recipe changed. Well that's it. As close to organic as I can get lol.

Now I'll have to play around with my own recipe from this and earth juice and advanced nutrients and fishwater and a few secret ingredients. Can't give away my whole recipe lol. Just trying to fill the gaps best I can in hydro and still be organic or very close. Can't wait to see how this stuff does. My last mix seemed to have bad pH and a little burn so I'll see how the plants like this Canadian stuff :)

Well a perfect storm brewed up lol. Think I stopped it in time but will effect the harvest for sure. Few days ago I noticed the drip rings always seemed on when I was in the greenhouse. Well the timer got bumped to on so plants got water constant for a few days. Also a couple days ago noticed the air pump for the airstones had a clogged intake. I dont like the design as they have a filter on the underneath so any dirt on the floor gets ducked up and clogs the filter. Then today the pump to the water cooler clogged and so the water temp rose to 74. AND Had a big light leak in the rez. So the roots have grown some serious rot. The plants still look good and growing just not banging as before.

I fixed all the issues and also added another air pump. So now all the buckets have 2 airstones from 2 pumps so in case one breaks or gets clogged they should still have a backup. Water is now down to 62. I'll try a little hydro guard too maybe when I can get to th store. Still I think it's early enough we can pull through pretry good grow still. The clones for next round are rooted and will post pics soon.

I got a diesel cutting that rooted 1 little root... I also got 2 gg4 cuttings that were larger and still no roots. Got 2 bubblechem cuttings and only 1 of them rooted, will picture that soon. Then only got 1 jack cutting and it, well you'll see. Pics following

Diesel
20170812_200858.jpg

20170812_200829.jpg
THE JACK! Man I'm glad I got one more chance to grow the jack this year. Not positive but pretty sure I'll still have time for one more micro grow :)

This jack just roots amazing. What a cool plant. Much like the duck, just so vigorous. Almost wish I could just cross those two strains. I bet the f1 would be insane huge and strong. Not that either are the best smoke but still good and the plants are just so strong. Time to get this girl hardened off and into a hydro bucket asap to start vegging. These girls will have about 6 weeks to veg until the bloom room has vacancy.

The querkle is so small this bloom that I think I'll skip the bubble Chem and try another querkle this October grow. The querkle clone is larger than these clones so unlike this august grow with the querkle being behind, the October grow the querkle will have a head start. Also I'll give the gg4 and diesel a spot in the October grow. Man I change it up all the time lol maybe I'll just do more and talk less lol.

So that's the clone update. The much larger querkle, frisian duck, sneaky duck and critical have all amazing roots that didn't grow long like the jack but stayed inside and now look root bound. I'll probably put the 4 clones in hydro for next grow and the rest of the clones will go into soil and then probably the trash come about October. Just can't veg through winter being off grid.

Still might be able to get some querkle pollen this year for making seeds to pop next spring but won't hold my breath. At worst I may be able to dig up some local strains again next spring and for sure will pop the greencrack and durban poison. So still sitting better than I was couple years ago :) really liking having all these strains. I'm jealous of you guys that have great strain access. This year I had access to about a dozen strains. Last year was half a dozen. Hopefully I can grow or aquire more seeds but can't wait until we go recreational and I can just go to the stores and sort from dozens and dozens of strains. Well heck even then some legal states still can't sell clones or seeds :/ ftw

Broke the code! Looking good considering. Funny the pH swing affected the ducks the most then the critical and the querkle showed no signs of stress. Well the root rot hit all the roots but the leaves on the querkle all look perfect. Can't wait to sample these genetics!
2017-08-16_16_50_35.jpg

2017-08-21_09_49_55.jpg
the critical had a brix of about 13 and the querkle had a brix of about 14. Will try to get some dux scores next.

Pretty happy with the brix score it being my first run with hydro in forever and with all these new nutes and techniques and technologies. Stoked to see how I do on the next round. Think i may have some old scores on those other strains from last year's grow. Not really apples to apples as much has changed in the greenhouse but at least something to kinda compare. Organic hydro has had some cup top 10 finishers so maybe there is hope my organic aquaponic/hydro harvest can produce some quality too. Tall order though lol

Got a brix off the sneaky duck and it was about 10 or 11. The frisian duck looks kinda bad so I didn't bother w that one.

On another note my friends new greenhouse I helped design is harvesting. Well I guess it's really a walipini with light dep. We had another worst growing season ever because of being surrounded by wildfires all year the smoke ruined our sunshine. Just can't explain how thick the smoke has been all day everyday for months. Anyway my friends had no supplemental lights and their energy use was about 200watts peak for fans etc. The buds look great!

Wish we could share our grow but we've learned a bunch of secrets and broke some codes over the last few years, they don't want to share and I don't blame them. Some of it i wouldnt mind sharing but it's too hard to draw the line and I don't have final say anyway. It's a state legal medicinal grow so we could share the info but we don't want to share that at this point at least.

Needless to say they built a earth bermed or walipini greenhouse. Spent about 2k in material and about 1k in labor. It's a 10x20 ft space. Ceiling 8ft tall and plants about 6ft. Blending modern and ancient techniques of all sorts they have really made a very efficient growing area that also extends the season longer than a normal greenhouse. Pretty neat and very impressive. Especially with such a bad year.

Wish more people shared secrets but I can also respect why some things stay close to the vest. Between that garden and mine I've learned some things I don't mind sharing and some things that we just value too much to put on the web. Most of it is all stuff you can figure out on yur own it just takes research and development. But that's half the fun :)

Back
Top Bottom