Super Lemon Haze - Scrog - Flowering

So I've got you all some more pics and last night I planted my next batch of seeds as well which are 21 dark devil auto by sweet seeds and 2 critical auto by dinafem which were my freebies from the staff at seedmadness.com I'll be starting a new journal for them
image6938.jpeg
image6939.jpeg
image6940.jpeg
image6941.jpeg
image6942.jpeg
image6943.jpeg

There starting to fatten up now a bit and there onto the final weeks feed which is just sumo boost and dragon force so we shall see what difference that makes
image7074.jpeg
image7075.jpeg
image7078.jpeg
image7077.jpeg
image7076.jpeg
image7079.jpeg
image7080.jpeg
image7081.jpeg

Yes boy now shits happening. A frosty garden of buds. I was looking back on my journel other day page 50 onwards.i saw pics when u first showd me ur girls and then seeing them now.perfect job my friend;) the end is near;)

Thanks beast and camo, i can't believe there almost done they have been going for 14 weeks so far extremely long grow but has been awesome to do

Ye it's taken ages I think I'll stick to more pots and forget the scrog ... I wasn't sure on defoliating it and how long to tuck for etc probably should of tucked for longer and also hacked most of the fan leaves off ... But it has been a great learning curve and I got to use my feed system and airpots for the first time ... Looking forward to these autos I need to create a 8.5 week calendar for them ... I have done normal critical 2.0 before and that was just amazing to smoke real up high lots of giggles

Has anyone got any good drying techniques this was something I pretty much failed at last time I believe I did it too quickly

anyone got any good drying techniques

Leave budz hanging upside-down in a 10 degree with 10% (or lower) RH room, for roughly 11-13 days. Or when you can snap the stem. (It's best to do this just before you can "snap it") Then toss your budz in the jars for minimum of 3 or 4 weeks burping them once a day. (just taking the lid off for a minutes or two)

You can also go by little hydrometer's that can fit in your jars (depending on size of your jars of course). You want a bud or the jar filled with budz to level off at or around 60-65% RH. That is the perfect cure environment/RH. ;)

Most growers expect to be done when they have chopped down the last stem, or last branch. But nope. All that hard work still isn't over, cause as we all know here on 420. This is what makes the difference's between "good bud" & "great budz". No matter how well or poorly (in-some casses) someone cultivated a plant. If it's not cured right, it's garbage.. It could be a bean that was from "Mean Gene" over at Aficionado seeds, or even out of DJ short's personal stock. If it's not cured properly then everything was a waist of $ and time.

You can also check out >this< thread here on :420: on how to do this process. :thumb:

Sending :peace: positive energy :Namaste:

If you need info on drying, I use a box method. I purchased a wardrobe box from uhaul and ran stringers from one side to another to hang my flowers. The front of the box opens up for easy access. I keep a fan about a foot away blowing lightly into the side of the box to keep air circulation. Check every day and watch progress. If it's drying too slow or too fast, I can adjust the door on the box to slow or speed up the process. 6-7 days drying time. Then trim and jar.

Hope this helps! .

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using 420

Plants are looking fabulous man, well done!:thumb: Just wanna throw in my two cents on curing, be careful with fans, I dried mine way too fast and stifled the cure and potency of my weed doing this! I wrote about it in my journal, thinking I had a great technique and it caused nothing but trouble..... Just hate to see someone else go through all the trouble of growing such a nice crop and wreck it like I did. Keep up the great work!:high-five:

Btw, I've had excellent results from the above method.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using 420

Although we all have tried and done this method it isn't the most direct route I would take. The cardboard sucks the "juices" out of the plant waaay to fast. 6-7 days? No offence but that tells me you don't properly dry/cure your budz. ( no offence here :love: & :peace: ;) ). But if you want to get the best taste and bang for your buck I suggest highly on my above and proven method. Although the "box" method can work, it's just not a good habit to get into. When you dry your budz, the longer, the better. At cooler temps/RH. This allows for even distribution of the terpene profile giving you a much much smoother and better taste. DO NOT dry your budz in 6 or 7 days like suggested. (If you can avoid it, but if you have little time, by all means go ahead this method will work, but you will not get the full "package" -if you would. Your going to be loosing certain specific terpene profiles, due to the rapid rate of evaporation.

You also want a smooth toke off a joint rather then being left with a dry itchy throat/cough. OR sometimes soar throat. That all occurs from, lack of flushing, and improperly drying/curing your budz. SO, if at all possible for all you onlookers out there, try my method then also on the side try pontiacman's method. Compare the two for yourselves like I've done over the years.

My method might take longer. But your going to eventually end up with the best possible terpene profiles & outcome. "Good comes to those who wait" ;) This is the method all heavy medical cannabis producers use. Especially Cannabis & Emerald cup winners. This is actually the process that makes them win in the end. How well they dry & cure their budz ;):high-five:

Sending positive energy and much :love: to all.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom