Is the oil treating you well Shiggity? Can you contrast the effect to other administration methods you use? How potent would you guess this to be? How many capsules can you take? I ask that way because I find I can't take more than two in a day or I'm too high to function. :cheesygrinsmiley:

On a normal function day I am taking four but my caps are smaller. I am using the 0 size. My tolerance is pretty high from dabbing.
Yesterday I said let's have fun and took eight. Now that was fun. Went out in the sun at a park and just grinned all day. Then stayed up late watching movies. Still high this morning but hey it's the weekend!

A side note is that my one dog suffers heavily from alllergies and I am thinking of making some for him half filled. I am seeing quite a bit on dog cannatherapy on the net and allergies are top on the list.

On a normal function day I am taking four but my caps are smaller. I am using the 0 size. My tolerance is pretty high from dabbing.
Yesterday I said let's have fun and took eight. Now that was fun. Went out in the sun at a park and just grinned all day. Then stayed up late watching movies. Still high this morning but hey it's the weekend!

A side note is that my one dog suffers heavily from alllergies and I am thinking of making some for him half filled. I am seeing quite a bit on dog cannatherapy on the net and allergies are top on the list.

Pets respond well to cannabinoid therapies. Research carefully on doses. Like humans, the rule is start at a sub-therapeutic level to give the ECS time to adjust. keltic has been treating his cat for over a year now, I believe. He may have some pointers to share with you.

I got some size 0 caps, but now I'm wondering if I want to cut down on a dose I enjoy this much. :laughtwo: To be honest, the smaller caps were really for the daughter. Lol! I'm hoping to ease her into the DDA oil. We'll be running out of her Candy Cane brownies this week, and I don't want her to have to go without the larger dose of THC. If the DDA suits her she can supplement with a couple capsules throughout the day.

She says it's not a big deal if we run out, but we all know better, don't we? :battingeyelashes:

They only allow me one rep per post. This is my way around that.

image19606.jpeg

*contented sigh* I'm so relieved the two of you worked this out. This makes my life sooooo much easier and safer.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I found myself looking at DDA7 and wondering "how many more days????????" :rofl:

I've started a practice of soaking in a medicated bath every night before bed. My hope is to finally find a way to heal the scalp psoriasis. I've tried direct application of oil to the scalp, but that's too grimy for me to live with. When I heard of infused bath salts I was excited that I may have, at long last, found my answer.

It's only been three days now, but I can feel the scaling has begun to taper off. I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up, even knowing what I do about cannabinoids. It's been over twenty years since it first flared up. I'd almost given up hope of finding a solution. I know I have to come at it internally too, because it closely related to compulsive behavior, and that's gonna take more CBD than I'm now growing.

In the meantime I'm growing fond of the long soak late in the evening, and my skin is glowing. :battingeyelashes: If nothing else, the rest of my skin is thankful this was the therapy I chose.

Dr. Christina Sanchez on cannabinoid therapies. There are some important points about treating cancers.

Dr Cristina Sanchez PhD cannabis and cancer - YouTube

Major points that stood out to me:
- Most breast cancers respond best to CBD rich oils.
- Her team hasn't been able to find the pro-tumorial responses on estrogen-positive breast cancer. Her thought was the study that generated that response was flawed.

Hi Sue.

I don't recall reading Shiggity's process for a fresh harvest process. Could you please point me in the right direction as I'm hoping to do a fresh plant harvest with one of the Freedom Dreams maybe? Depends how many we end up with.

:thanks:

I have great expectations for the process you laid out Shiggity. The goals of the fresh harvest process are twofold, to release the moisture caught up in the plant tissues and to decarb the oil. Both of those goals are met with your water bath, evidenced by the lack of any more decarb bubbles. This part is simple science. When the CO2 is released it causes bubbles to be formed in the oil. When those bubbles cease you've reached complete decarboxylation.

Your report of effect so far holds up this theory of mine that we have much to be excited about. To be able to do this without the oil bath pleases me greatly. There's nothing safe about working with a large hot oil bath, IMO. The smell alone makes me uneasy. I have a lifelong belief that oil molecules adhering to your home from cooking with it is one of the things that attract roaches. This building doesn't have any, and I don't want to be the one who invites them in. :straightface: I've never been comfortable frying foods and this experience with hot oil doesn't sit well with me.

Hi Sue.

I don't recall reading Shiggity's process for a fresh harvest process. Could you please point me in the right direction as I'm hoping to do a fresh plant harvest with one of the Freedom Dreams maybe? Depends how many we end up with.

:thanks:

What we learned was that you can't get decarb done in a water bath. You get a potent infused oil, and I'm certain it's full of acid cannabinoids that are a powerful force in their own way, but for maximum THC and CBD the oil bath or a pressure cooker are the way to go. I'd suggest a pressure cooker. I intend to have one by my next harvest.

Yes...me too

Think we need an updated lesson Sue

More schooling is needed for yer class

. .

I do often go into full-out teaching mode, don't I. :laughtwo:

Dr. Christina Sanchez on cannabinoid therapies. There are some important points about treating cancers.

Dr Cristina Sanchez PhD cannabis and cancer - YouTube

Major points that stood out to me:
- Most breast cancers respond best to CBD rich oils.
- Her team hasn't been able to find the pro-tumorial responses on estrogen-positive breast cancer. Her thought was the study that generated that response was flawed.

Anybody else ever wonder how much of what we assume about cannabinoids and cannabis is based on flawed studies? The idea that cannabis is dangerous to the fetus - a belief held by physicians around the world - is based on a flawed study of one woman in California. One woman in a flawed study created a "truth backed by science" now being followed around the planet that has no basis in reality. And yet pregnant cannabis users suffer needless anxiety and cannabis shame.

And this is only one study. The list is inexhaustible. What a crazy world.

Along that line, I'm over at Green Flower, finally catching up with ECS 101, and Samantha just commented on how you have to distinguish between anxiety and depression, because THC will offer relief for depression by raising the emotional tone (my words, not hers) where an anxious person might have a negative reaction.

In a conversation with the daughter we were discussing her "bad experience" with my Carnival brownies that set her back a year in her therapy because she was too afraid to try again. She now takes regular doses of THC and maintains a delightful euphoric level. So what changed?

In her opinion it was caused by her inability to let go and experience without fear. She obviously took too much that first time and part of her experience was an inability to distinguish reality from fantasy, so when she closed her eyes she found herself in a mental institution, and she convinced herself it was reality. She's certain the same experience today would be handled completely differently.

So it may not be that those sensitive to the effects of THC due to overwhelming anxiety have to avoid THC or the sativa terpene profiles, but that their systems have to be acclimated to the experience with the understanding that they'll be fine. The more I study the more I believe we can't make many generalizations about cannabis.

Doc Bud just about said the same thing recently about sativas. His suggestion was to go off by yourself, get blasted, and work your way through the things that were causing you anxiety to begin with. I just love it when men say "Suck it up!" :laughtwo: Women don't often think like that. We strive to make others feel better. I think it's a mom gene. Lol!

Ok, going back to my class. This class was worth the subscription price for the month, and there are more classes ahead.

Surely there are others in the cannabis field who know about competitive inhibition. Why do we never hear about it beyond our little world?

I love that you guys tolerate my in and out stops when I take classes. :laughtwo: Sometimes I feel like we really are the leading edge, but I know that can't be true. Out here in the trenches it's a whole different world.

Thanks again for posting the video of Dr. Sanchez. Great timing because I just had a friend of a friend call me about treating triple negative breast cancer. Hearing that the initial studies on ER+ BC were flawed relieves a lot of my anxiety over giving her advice. So much information out there seems to confuse ER+ and other breast cancers that it makes me worry that I'm making a mistake.

With so few studies out there a flawed study has a huge impact, at the very least muddies up the good research.

So thank you, Dr. Sanchez, for calling out your peers for reporting unreproducible results. ( I also love the way she says 'reproducible')

SHIVER

Listening to the Q&A I caught something that slipped past me last time. Samantha's company markets their Vape pens with controlled doses. Great idea. I was thrilled to hear it was finally being presented to doctors.

Then she described the consistent response of the doctors to her presentation. "You know, this is the first thing I can feel comfortable prescribing for my patients. I can tell them the number of doses and get consistent results."

Doctors love "consistent results." How unfortunate that the human body frequently decides to be inconsistent in the level of pain you experienced today or the anxiety that inexplicably accompanies the phases of the moon, or your sudden reaction to a food that never hit you like that before. Life can be capricious, and cannabis can be really helpful in dealing with it. No side effects, only relief.

I had this chilling vision of doctors deciding what should be enough and limiting your access with limited prescriptions because "we know how much is enough."

*sigh* All this fear over feeling good. Kinda makes you wonder. You know there are a lot of people missing out on the benefits of being high because they're convinced there's something wrong with it or it wouldn't have been illegal all this time. Exasperating, if I let it be, which I won't. :cheesygrinsmiley: Let me take a couple more hits of Carnival and take notes. She got me really excited when she started talking about the receptors. Geez..... makes my heart beat faster. :laughtwo:

Thanks again for posting the video of Dr. Sanchez. Great timing because I just had a friend of a friend call me about treating triple negative breast cancer. Hearing that the initial studies on ER+ BC were flawed relieves a lot of my anxiety over giving her advice. So much information out there seems to confuse ER+ and other breast cancers that it makes me worry that I'm making a mistake.

With so few studies out there a flawed study has a huge impact, at the very least muddies up the good research.

So thank you, Dr. Sanchez, for calling out your peers for reporting unreproducible results. ( I also love the way she says 'reproducible')

You know KR, it's kinda eerie how the universe inspires me to post something and it turns out to be incredibly timely for a member. :hug::hug::hug:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd wondered about those results for a while. It seemed contrary to what we knew about cannabinoids. Sometimes it can get hairy recommending, but I have great faith in the safety of cannabis and the protection of going slow with dose increases. It's so easy to believe you have little time, when the reality is this dynamic force inside us has tremendous healing potential, so you can take a breath and start slow.

I'm understanding more and more how the system works, and I'm impressed as hell.

Back to class for me. :cheesygrinsmiley: Receptors! :slide:

What we learned was that you can't get decarb done in a water bath. You get a potent infused oil, and I'm certain it's full of acid cannabinoids that are a powerful force in their own way, but for maximum THC and CBD the oil bath or a pressure cooker are the way to go. I'd suggest a pressure cooker. I intend to have one by my next harvest.
I saw a pressure cooker for $26 at Wally world today when I got a 3rd humidifier..

When we doing the pressure cooker oil Sue?????? I'll be ready in a few weeks.

SHIVER

*sigh* All this fear over feeling good. Kinda makes you wonder. You know there are a lot of people missing out on the benefits of being high because they're convinced there's something wrong with it or it wouldn't have been illegal all this time. Exasperating, if I let it be, which I won't. :cheesygrinsmiley: Let me take a couple more hits of Carnival and take notes. She got me really excited when she started talking about the receptors. Geez..... makes my heart beat faster. :laughtwo:

Oh my goodness, yes. But it's totally ok for people to be almost falling down drunk and laugh while they say they were "over served." :icon_roll

People that use cannabis are much more interesting and fun to be around than a sad or angry drunk.

I saw a pressure cooker for $26 at Wally world today when I got a 3rd humidifier..

When we doing the pressure cooker oil Sue?????? I'll be ready in a few weeks.

I could be talked into a trip to Wallyworld for that. :slide: What a relief! Lol!

My next harvest will be in about a month. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom