So - G has a daytime and a nighttime oil. She says her nighttime oil is made from Kushy Kush and CBDream. I've been doing a similar thing - I have a night oil that is pretty much no CBD. I think the herb it came from was Northern Lights. It helps a bit with the restless leg fire - but sometimes I have to resort to other things. I haven't tried mixing it with the CBD 2:1 (day oil) as I want to be going to sleep - but maybe I'll try a blend tonight and see how it goes.

I am hoping the topicals I'm planning to make after harvest will do something for the legs as well.

So - G has a daytime and a nighttime oil. She says her nighttime oil is made from Kushy Kush and CBDream. I’ve been doing a similar thing - I have a night oil that is pretty much no CBD. I think the herb it came from was Northern Lights. It helps a bit with the restless leg fire - but sometimes I have to resort to other things. I haven’t tried mixing it with the CBD 2:1 (day oil) as I want to be going to sleep - but maybe I’ll try a blend tonight and see how it goes.

I am hoping the topicals I’m planning to make after harvest will do something for the legs as well.

I'll be interested in hearing how that goes Amy, both oral doses and as a topical. Any relief from restless leg will be widely welcomed. I don't live with it, but my late husband did, which means I also lived, and slept fitfully, with it for years.

So - G has a daytime and a nighttime oil. She says her nighttime oil is made from Kushy Kush and CBDream. I’ve been doing a similar thing - I have a night oil that is pretty much no CBD. I think the herb it came from was Northern Lights. It helps a bit with the restless leg fire - but sometimes I have to resort to other things. I haven’t tried mixing it with the CBD 2:1 (day oil) as I want to be going to sleep - but maybe I’ll try a blend tonight and see how it goes. I am hoping the topicals I’m planning to make after harvest will do something for the legs as well.

My RLS is a need to move my knees rather than the tingling fire feeling some people have. I take Magnesium for it and it's gotten a bit better, but the heating pad also helps distract my nerve endings. The deep sleepy feeling from the hemp-seed oil at least makes it easier to fall back to sleep when my legs do wake me up though!

Just an FYI, my neurologist says that it helps to have a higher ferretin level to control RLS. He likes to keep mine above 200. And if it's not, I get an iron infusion that is very specific. I never take iron supplements; they are not efficient. My doctor is open to the cannabis as a treatment for everything. Anyone with RLS might want to re-evaluate their ferretin levels.

My RLS is a need to move my knees rather than the tingling fire feeling some people have. I take Magnesium for it and it's gotten a bit better, but the heating pad also helps distract my nerve endings. The deep sleepy feeling from the hemp-seed oil at least makes it easier to fall back to sleep when my legs do wake me up though!

Yeah that's right - need to move! I get that too, they come hand in hand for me. I use magnesium orally and also soaking in it is fairly effective. Sometimes nothing knocks it though. The heat is great, too hot here for that right now.

Just an FYI, my neurologist says that it helps to have a higher ferretin level to control RLS. He likes to keep mine above 200. And if it's not, I get an iron infusion that is very specific. I never take iron supplements; they are not efficient. My doctor is open to the cannabis as a treatment for everything. Anyone with RLS might want to re-evaluate their ferretin levels.

Thanks keshazel, I'm going to ask my doc about that ...

Anything I post is up for grabs ginganinja. Help yourself, and thanks for thinking of it. :hug:

Would be so kind as to share your personal regimen that's doing such a good job of controlling your seizures here so I can include it in the study hall organization project? I'm sure it's somewhere else too, so please, share the link to that if you'd like.

All these years they knew of the value of cannabis to quell seizures........

Sure thing Sue, it would be an honour to have my results shared.

And it absolutely pisses me off beyond belief that cannabis has been used for seizures for over 4000 years and yet I have to put my family at risk from the law just so I can be a contributing part of my family.

Soapbox rant over lol .

1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

I use infuse 3 grams of unknown chemovar profile (until I can get my plants to harvest .)

200 grams of organic cold pressed coconut oil/organic extra virgin olive oil or grape seed oil.
1 table spoon of liquid sunflower lecithin.
All of these oil infusions work very well as both topical applications and for consumption.

I won't go into the infusion steps here, it's all included in the link above.

I administer 5ml of the infused oil orally at least 3 to 4 times a day or how ever many more times I feel I need to.

I keep the oil in the mouth for as long as I can, swirling it around making sure that I am absorbing the oil through the gums and mucous membranes, then swallow.........usually when someone has asked me something lol.

Don't drink anything for 10-15mins if you can, this increases the absorption rate.

I can feel the effects within 10mins

I also smoke a hit from the pipe/vaporiser as and when I feel the changes in cognitive functionality .....I get some warning sensations etc.

The seizures I have are the result of Acquired Brain Injury from viral meningitis and encephalitis.

This has resulted in my learning capacity being half of what it was pre illness and left several chronic issues.

I will list my medical symptoms here to document the scope of impact:

Major sensory overload especially with multiple sources of sound.
My brain can not filter out surrounding sound sources and is trying to process everything at once.

Difficulty with memory and concentration.

I have developed Functional Neurological Disorder with symptoms of seizures, cognitive & physical freezing, balance issues, confusion & difficulties processing information, numbness in the left side of my face, left leg and arm co-ordination issues, my spacial awareness of off too.

It's very much like a computer software issue, when your pc or phone gets slow and crashes.

Chronic physical and cognitive fatigue.

Migraines.

My eyesight has been affected now, I require glasses and I become very dizzy if I don't wear them.

Type 3 diabetes, blood glucose levels can go hyper and hypoglycaemic.

Cannabis is not only controlling my seizures but reboots my brain to better functionality when I am struggling with the other Functional Neurological Disorder symptoms.

My diabetes HbA1c is at 52 which is in the very well controlled level.

Cannabis immediately relieves the full body tension from all the sensory overload issues.

Topical applications relieve the migraines and any muscle areas that inevitably end up locked in spasm through the full body tension.

Cannabis topical applications of the same oil also heals bruising quickly and heal skin conditions like psoriasis, dried cracked skin, herpes cold sores, nerve pain etc.

The main benefit from cannabis is that it makes me feel like me again, a dad, a husband, a son, a brother.

This is where the real value of cannabis is, not pounds or dollars, but life ...

And I can't tell my doctors about how this one plant helps with all of the above without triggering child services investigation and harassment and potentially lose financial aid and prosecution.

This blessed cannabis plant can help so many more people from suffering.
It is a monumental inhuman abuse for governments to deny access to those in need of medical relief.

Thank you for asking me to document this here Sue, your work on 420 is nothing short of amazing.

I feel so lucky to be able to learn from each and everyone of you on 420 magazine.

These threads have literally given me my life back.

There is only 1 thing to sum it up.

Pay it forward ...

Old Bear, Thank you so much for taking the time to review my posts. Everyone is so welcoming here. I hope I'll have something to give back later down the road.
I took a teaspoon of olive oil at 9pm tonight. So I'll take one in the morning and at lunch and we'll see what happens.

To prepare to melt the rosin with the olive oil, where am I going to warm up an ounce of olive oil and a 1/4 gm of rosin? A sauce pot? Seems it will burn even on the lowest setting on an electric stove.

Thanks.

Morning. I'm delighted that you are comfortable with having a way forward. Many tiny steps ..

A hot water bath will work perfectly for mixing the oil and rosin. An alternative is a toaster oven, or a regular oven set at say 180F for half an hour. Once made, keep it in the fridge.

I encourage you to start and maintain a log book of your doses. A journal of sorts to record and manage your doses. This will be a record for yourself to keep track of what you took, when, and most importantly how you reacted to it.

For today start with that first tiny dose. Plan to take a second one four hours later. Depending on how you react to the first, possibly reduce the amount. Don't increase it. Repeat this for a couple of days - every four hours.

This is so important and helpful :thumb:

I have been hiking this site for too long without posting anything. Know that I have been encouraged by Sue, and others posting here. A sincere THANK YOU!

Expect that I will be one of many exploring cannabis as THE way to manage chronic pain with laws in Nevada changing in 2018. Twenty plus years of one doctor's office prescribing my opioid meds will end this month or may have already ended with the year's end. Thankfully I started exploring cannabis last March as a way to help control pain. Smiling as I type how very nervous I was to feel any high from the cannabis. I have learned to lean in to the feeling now and remain cautious regarding driving/working.

I experience very severe pain daily and sleep is limited. Starting on CBD, full plant, tincture gave me little relief. Slowly I added THC which does help with pain but most of the time I should be taking a larger dose. I explore increasing the dose when able but on working days I use as little as possible to function. It seems a tough balancing act and given the variables of the plant and my body. I am fascinated and seek to learn more always.

I have bought tinctures/RSO/edibles from dispensaries. I made capsules counting the drops and kept logs. Slowly I added THC from RSO oil diluted with coconut oil. Someone later made tinctures for me but each one was very different. Mixing dispensary RSO with coconut/olive oil I calc out mg. I am still a lightweight, fear of the plant has vanished. Lately I am trying some 2:1 CBD brownies a friend gave me. No idea the strain or details, but relief. Given some RSO from same strain I will cook up some brownies this week.... RSO mixed with olive oil and sunflower lecithin in refig.

My question is: How do use cannabis to discontinue my opioid medications and keep pain controlled? Dosing with THCA work for severe pain? I have been on huge doses in the past even having an intrathecal morphine pump for ten years. All my meds are prescribed and present dose is very small. Presently I cut my pills into quarters and use approx one pill (10mg oxycodone) per day. Pain is not very controlled but sufferable. I do have a pain doctor willing to prescribe so plan continued decrease of meds.

Pain is from failed back fusions x2; shoulder surgeries; TMJ surgeries; knee surgeries; RSD or CRPS.

Hello sierrahiker. :hug: We almost missed you in the flurry of posts yesterday. Thankfully, I have this habit of backtracking the next morning.

Another hug. Pain sucks. :hug::hug::hug:

I think you'd be smart to look into making biobombs and using them as suppositories. We've had a few members this past year decide to give this pathway a try, with great success.

Mark.... where are you? :kisstwo: Mark didn't use suppositories, but he has successfully used cannabis to break the opioid addiction. His input may be of great value for you.

The suppositories allow for a much larger cannabinoid load than will oral administration. The chief concern with opioid withdrawal is the extreme levels of THC it takes to make that final break. Doing so through the gut and living any sort of productive life aren't very compatible. Suppositories, inserted properly, will result in mild euphoria, more akin to wellbeing than what society chooses to call "high".

Our government succeeded all to well in teaching us how dangerous being high was, didn't they? So sad that we vilify feeling good with a natural, safe substance and yet we subsidize the killer products to protect jobs. Ahhh.... better days are ahead crew. :battingeyelashes:

I see you've picked up our trick of making the oil more bioavailable. All you need do now is make some capsules and get going. :battingeyelashes:

By the way, :welcome: Its always a delight to meet another cannabis warrior. I'm pleased to hear the 2:1 brownies helped. I use our 2:1 oil in capsules, and just the other day realized I've never tried them as brownies, my personal favorite method of dosing. I have no health concerns, so my meds are as much recreational as medicinal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The problem with edibles is the inconsistency of dosing, which is why we're so fond I'd measured oil doses in capsule form. Get the ratios right, find your optimal dose, and stay consistent. We're healing on a cellular level. It'll take some time to get all those cells back to homeostasis.

I look forward to working with you. You already have my respect for coming so far. Freedom is so close now you can probably smell it.

I'm going to follow Old Bear's suggestions. I like slow and deliberate. It's clearer for me. I don't mean to imply that your extensive help is not appreciated. It truly is. However, I'm very much relieved by this slowed down approach.

It's always been curious to me why I did so well on the first batch of CCO (2 grams) and then reacted to the second and subsequent batch. It was so disappointing. And now I've been on this search for almost a year.

Also, since the first batch, I can no longer tolerate pasta of any kind. I can still eat bread. I don't miss the pasta; but how curious.

Regards.

I cant tell you how pleased I am that you are going ahead with this. I get very +ve body results from helping someone. Its that pesky ECS firing off some feel good chemicals.

What we are about to do is take a leisurely walk in the woods. Its hard to see but there is a path through the woods. I know where it is because others helped me find it. I'm happy to show you :)

Cannabis therapy is like a video game. There are levels to get familiar with, and specific things to master to get to the next level.

So welcome to level TWO of your Cannabis Therapy Program. Yes level two. Level One was completed when you decided to go ahead with this :high-five::thumb:

I cant tell you how pleased I am that you are going ahead with this. I get very +ve body results from helping someone. Its that pesky ECS firing off some feel good chemicals.

What we are about to do is take a leisurely walk in the woods. Its hard to see but there is a path through the woods. I know where it is because others helped me find it. I'm happy to show you :)

Cannabis therapy is like a video game. There are levels to get familiar with, and specific things to master to get to the next level.

So welcome to level TWO of your Cannabis Therapy Program. Yes level two. Level One was completed when you decided to go ahead with this :high-five::thumb:

Good morning. Yes. I didn't sleep. I'm not feeling very well. I only had two doses of the olive oil and got diarrhea. I await your next instructions. :)

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what it means. There are others on here who have trouble digesting oils.

One suggestion is to take a day or so until things settle down, then try again maybe Wednesday am with 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil.

Another would be to take a tiny tiny piece of the rosin and put that under your tongue and let it dissolve, staying away from edible oils all together.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what it means. There are others on here who have trouble digesting oils.

One suggestion is to take a day or so until things settle down, then try again maybe Wednesday am with 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil.

Another would be to take a tiny tiny piece of the rosin and put that under your tongue and let it dissolve, staying away from edible oils all together.

I'd try the coconut oil first and then try the tiny bit of rosin. It may be an intolerance to the brand of olive oil. Any cannabinoids in is a good thing, but if we can use a carrier oil that makes the job so much easier.

keshazel, it's a trial and error method, regardless of who you are and how experienced those helping may be. Each ECS is completely individual in response to cannabis. The good news is that the side effects you'll be dealing with won't destroy any working parts of you, and eventually you'll find your match.

Old Bear let me review the road I've been down here. I have eaten decarbed rosin already with no problem, putting it on top of a piece of dried fruit. I just cooked the rosin in the oven and left it in a dish in the freezer. I'm not certain how much I've taken all at once. I'd estimate it could be a a rice sized piece or maybe two at the most with nothing added. But I was trying to replicate the rso cure and get up to a gram a day and that's how this conversation came about. I couldn't figure out how to ramp up the dosage and in what form.

So now it looks like oil is out for the time being as a carrier. Maybe a tincture is back on the table now?

Thanks.

Old Bear let me review the road I've been down here. I have eaten decarbed rosin already with no problem, putting it on top of a piece of dried fruit. I just cooked the rosin in the oven and left it in a dish in the freezer. I'm not certain how much I've taken all at once. I'd estimate it could be a a rice sized piece or maybe two at the most with nothing added. But I was trying to replicate the rso cure and get up to a gram a day and that's how this conversation came about. I couldn't figure out how to ramp up the dosage and in what form.

So now it looks like oil is out for the time being as a carrier. Maybe a tincture is back on the table now?

Thanks.

Let me reiterate that the Rick Simpson cure of a gram a day has been found to be excessive for most medical cases. At the time he developed the protocol we had no data behind us to demonstrate how effective cannabis was. In all likelihood, the vast majority of cannabinoids those pioneering patients put in got eliminated through the colon.

We know that micro dosing has proven to be most effective for treating many auto-immune and neurological concerns. In my opinion you'd be wise to take a gentler approach to the treatment and find other ways to get cannabinoids into your body in smaller, regular doses.

AKgramma has been using dried and cured buds and trim, sprinkled over her food like a spice, and is finding that her body started responding positively after three months or so of constant use. Oldbear is constantly experimenting with small doses in this way too.

We think of cannabinoid therapies as a big stick, when the ECS prefers a lighter touch that allows it to pick up the pace, not fight its way through a crowded room. The real value of cannabinoid therapies is the way they stimulate the host ECS to work more efficiently. That can't happen in the same way with a constant flood of THC. A steady trickle seems to do a better job. This is a long-term journey.

Let me reiterate that the Rick Simpson cure of a gram a day has been found to be excessive for most medical cases. At the time he developed the protocol we had no data behind us to demonstrate how effective cannabis was. In all likelihood, the vast majority of cannabinoids those pioneering patients put in got eliminated through the colon.

We know that micro dosing has proven to be most effective for treating many auto-immune and neurological concerns. In my opinion you'd be wise to take a gentler approach to the treatment and find other ways to get cannabinoids into your body in smaller, regular doses.

AKgramma has been using dried and cured buds and trim, sprinkled over her food like a spice, and is finding that her body started responding positively after three months or so of constant use. Oldbear is constantly experimenting with small doses in this way too.

We think of cannabinoid therapies as a big stick, when the ECS prefers a lighter touch that allows it to pick up the pace, not fight its way through a crowded room. The real value of cannabinoid therapies is the way they stimulate the host ECS to work more efficiently. That can't happen in the same way with a constant flood of THC. A steady trickle seems to do a better job. This is a long-term journey.

Yes, I understand. I'm not going back to the idea of doing the cure. I was just reviewing how I got to this point; that I had already tried rosin and it hadn't disagreed with me.

Thank you, my favorite ninja. :hug::hug::hug:

I've added your regimen to the organization thread. You are walking proof of the effectiveness of micro dosing, aren't you? :cheesygrinsmiley:

So now it looks like oil is out for the time being as a carrier. Maybe a tincture is back on the table now? Thanks.

Thanks for sharing this. Like Sue, I think a great next step would be to try a 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil. Making your own, and different methods of taking it, get simplified when you can use an edible oil.

A piece of rosin that fits inside this O would be perfect. Under the tongue would be better absorbed than eaten on food but whatever works.

When you use the term tincture, do you mean a solvent based extraction of some sort?

Thanks for sharing this. Like Sue, I think a great next step would be to try a 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil. Making your own, and different methods of taking it, get simplified when you can use an edible oil.

A piece of rosin that fits inside this O would be perfect. Under the tongue would be better absorbed than eaten on food but whatever works.

When you use the term tincture, do you mean a solvent based extraction of some sort?

Oldbear, I will take the rosin under my tongue. One piece tonight? Can you tell me why I'm taking this small quantity since I've already taken more? Can you suggest something besides coconut oil, as I truly, madly dislike coconut flavor? When I mentioned tincture I meant a true tincture made with alcohol or vegetable glycerine, taken under the tongue.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom