I think I walked in just in time! Sounds like an interesting little book...

But about you mentioning that trained doctors know waaaayy too little about the ECS and cannabis helping it has to do with what they're trained for! It takes 8 to 10 years to become a doctor. And well, doctors are smart! But they never learned about Cannabis... Atleast the doctors I talked to with the ambulance never did. Maybe now they do.

A little fun fact though, I wad talking about making RSO right? And that it's good stuff! Well, RSO is basically just cannabis oil thinned with olive oil, now that oil is for sale on a lot of different sites here in the Netherlands. Now that same oil without it being thinned out by olive oil is just pure Cannabis extract and here we call that "Cannabis paste" And that was also for sale in a lot of headshops and even seedshops. They had little syringes thingies filled with that thick oil and it costs like 200 euro's for 20ml of 20% Pure CBD extract?

Now why am I mentioning this? Well that thick, unthinned oil "Cannabis paste" is made illegal for shops to sell because the government says it's too medical to be sold in shops like that. So now that oil is only available at the doctor, yeah that doctor that isn't trained in CBD oil or other cannabis extract YET. Or at the pharmacy. Or just make it yourself. Now if that doesn't piss us off already then this will: We have good healthcare, good health insurance right? Yeaaah, that thick cannabis paste is labeled as a "Alternative medicine" which means that it's not covered by insurance unless the doctor tells it that it is the best medicine to use. And why do they do that you might ask? Good question! Well they do that so it becomes pretty rare to buy, and it works too good and it's too easy to make and too cheap for something that works that good, so at the doctor or pharmacy, that same 20ml 20% Pure CBD extract will cost you 800 euros and it won't be covered by insurance because it's not a first choice medicine by doctors...

SO YEAH! I'm pretty pissed! So I'm a soldier, soon to be a law enforcer so what is the thing that I should do... Hmmm. *Takes a sip of coffee* AH YEAH I GOT IT! Make that cannabis paste myself. I have nice old cured buds from the Auto Industrial plant CBD and some Durban Poison buds to pump up the THC level a little, grinded them and now I have 18 grams of nice cannabis to make some nice thick oil. Because they did not make it illegal to produce it yourself . SO TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I WILL BE MAKING RSO but then not thinned out by olive oil, I searched everything up that I needed to know, everything that I need is ready so... Let's make a difference!

Well there ya go! Make a difference rik! :high-five: We spread the madness world-wide, unfortunately. I choose to be more positive about my civil disobedience. I find it more satisfying if I refuse to get mad. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I do get mad, incidentally. Evidence of that abounds on the site. :laughtwo: I just recover more and more quickly. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been saying goodnight for three hours. :laughtwo: This is the last one. Lol!

Well there ya go! Make a difference rik! :high-five: We spread the madness world-wide, unfortunately. I choose to be more positive about my civil disobedience. I find it more satisfying if I refuse to get mad. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for the comment sue! As a law enforcer and soldier it's kind of my duty to protect the civilians isn't it? Could you imagine the newspapers?: "Law enforcer makes cannabis oil! An amazing medicine" Well the government won't be happy with it when that happens! But it's not illegal so what can they do? Fire me? Well let's see how that works: "Law enforcer fired due to making medicine that can cure cancer" Yeaaaah see how that sounds? Anyway, you guys keep me motivated! i'm just getting a little sick of these european/Dutch politics. Maybe I should move to the US!

My dear Sue and any and all who may be able to help. I have been making my own oil for some time; following shadowing along. I have a someone close to me who has chomes disease. They are in a medical legal state but work in a field that regularly does random drug screening. From what I've read CBD is the way to go for relief of their suffering but they are extremely worried about the possibility of another test as they have been tested already on the random. My thought/question is CBD clean on a drug screen and what would be the best method/ strain to being looking at? Thank you, I wish I knew more.
If you are having problems, please PM me. I've been using pure CBD for several years now and can recommend several online vendors that are reputable and have lowest prices. This is CO2 extracted CBD from industrial hemp so there is no detectable level of THC and these products are still legal in all 50 states. 100% pure crystal, slabs with terpenes, or crumble.

I don't want to post in a thread due to sponsor rules, unless someone knows a way to do this without getting into trouble.

Cheers from the darkside

Half an hour ago I was headed to bed, and picked the book up on my way by.

IMG_80859.JPG

Cracked it open, read the intro and glanced at the chapter titles, flipped through the pages to get a feel for what she was offering. I intend to read it cover to cover, so this was just a taste.

Then it hit me. Nowhere in this book, published by a cancer researcher and published in 2014, will I find any mention of the ECS and its role in spontaneous healing. Years in oncology, living in a state - California no less - that was legal for cannabis, and no mention of the Endocannabinoid System. I'd almost bet my life this turns out to be true.

How is it possible that we understand this fundemental system better than most of our trained and licensed doctors? This is unacceptable.

Deep breath Susan.......... Almost lost it there guys. :laughtwo: OK...... It's not like this is breaking news.......

This book highlights the brutal truth that radical remission has been kept silent, and for that reason alone it's worth the time to read this book and share it with someone who will share it, and on and on.

But it also shines an unflattering light on the truth that the ECS is being ignored by too many oncologists, not to mention doctors in every other field. This situation will begin to change rapidly. The silence about radical remission..... It leaves a bad aftertaste.

Kelly, thank you for reminding me about it. It kinda validates my message. I'm trying not to be concerned about the fact that leaving the ECS out of the equation limits everyone's ability to fully understand the dynamics of homeostasis, which is essentially what rapid remission is.

I was disappointed myself that cannabis wasn't mentioned. But to be fair, it will not have been mentioned because it will not have been a common denominator in the hundreds of cases she looked at, except as one of many and various "herbal supplements". What she is doing is collating statistics rather than saying "this treatment works" or "this one doesn't". She doesn't mention hyperbaric oxygen, either, or infra-red sauna; both of which have real possibilities. She mentions laetrile - a scam product and dangerous with it - as a survivor used it; she mentions the alkaline diet - another bit of pseudo-science - because another survivor used that (incidentally cutting out sugar from her diet; which, of course, WOULD have a positive effect). Keto isn't mentioned. So this isn't a road map of what to do in the sense of, you should use THIS product or follow THIS philosophy; it is more a matter of "Take control of your treatment, do your research, enjoy life, be positive, don't be afraid."

Certainly anyone doing their own research with enough determination will not fail to find out about cannabis. I knew nothing about it - nothing at all - until I was diagnosed and my daughter said "Have you thought of cannabis oil?" I started googling and ultimately found the 420 forum. Admittedly it took a while and the shortage of information here in Britain, on what were meant to forums supporting cancer patients, was shameful - but that cannot fail to improve as a trickle of information becomes an avalanche.

If you are having problems, please PM me. I've been using pure CBD for several years now and can recommend several online vendors that are reputable and have lowest prices. This is CO2 extracted CBD from industrial hemp so there is no detectable level of THC and these products are still legal in all 50 states. 100% pure crystal, slabs with terpenes, or crumble.

I don't want to post in a thread due to sponsor rules, unless someone knows a way to do this without getting into trouble.

Cheers from the darkside

Thank you for jumping in greatwolf. I was getting ready to ask you to contribute to this conversation, so how nice that you got here first? :battingeyelashes: I'll ask if we can post that information and let you know. I don't think it'll be a problem unless we post links to their sites, but let me confirm that with Teddy Edwards.

I was disappointed myself that cannabis wasn't mentioned. But to be fair, it will not have been mentioned because it will not have been a common denominator in the hundreds of cases she looked at, except as one of many and various "herbal supplements". What she is doing is collating statistics rather than saying "this treatment works" or "this one doesn't". She doesn't mention hyperbaric oxygen, either, or infra-red sauna; both of which have real possibilities. She mentions laetrile - a scam product and dangerous with it - as a survivor used it; she mentions the alkaline diet - another bit of pseudo-science - because another survivor used that (incidentally cutting out sugar from her diet; which, of course, WOULD have a positive effect). Keto isn't mentioned. So this isn't a road map of what to do in the sense of, you should use THIS product or follow THIS philosophy; it is more a matter of "Take control of your treatment, do your research, enjoy life, be positive, don't be afraid."

Certainly anyone doing their own research with enough determination will not fail to find out about cannabis. I knew nothing about it - nothing at all - until I was diagnosed and my daughter said "Have you thought of cannabis oil?" I started googling and ultimately found the 420 forum. Admittedly it took a while and the shortage of information here in Britain, on what were meant to forums supporting cancer patients, was shameful - but that cannot fail to improve as a trickle of information becomes an avalanche.

Much of my expressed frustration comes from searching medical textbooks and coming up empty as well, and then yesterday I had a conversation with an LPN from the geriatric community, and although she's aware there are possibilities with cannabinoid therapies, her own understanding of the workings of the ECS were rudimentary.

Thank you Nixie, for clarifying that. Ha! I just realized in my fatigue last night I thanked Kelly for recommending the book. Sorry Kelly, I didn't mean to confuse your already cloudy brain. :laughtwo: I may have done that earlier, too. Lol! I assure you, I know the difference between you. :battingeyelashes:

What they're looking for in the screenings is a metabolite of THC. I've heard of no testing being done for CBD. The fear of THC is that you'll be compromised mentally and a danger to the workplace, so they need to test to protect everyone. :laughtwo: Yeah.....pretty foolish. Someone's - a lot of someone's are making big bucks.

The problem with anything you could grow is it'll have some THC in it. Pure CBD oil won't. Canyon lives in New Mexico, and he was trying out a product called "Terp Sugar," a crystalline isolate of CBD with terpenes added in to mimic specific chemovars. If that's an option this is the product I'd be looking for, or something similar.

Thank you Sue, I'll look into that today!

Thank you for jumping in greatwolf. I was getting ready to ask you to contribute to this conversation, so how nice that you got here first? :battingeyelashes: I'll ask if we can post that information and let you know. I don't think it'll be a problem unless we post links to their sites, but let me confirm that with Teddy Edwards.
I just replied to Mag7 via pm, but will be happy to post the vendors I use here, if it is allowed.

Back to the darkside

I just replied to Mag7 via pm, but will be happy to post the vendors I use here, if it is allowed.

Back to the darkside

Teddy assures me that information without links will be acceptable. Fire away greatwolf. :battingeyelashes:

Teddy assures me that information without links will be acceptable. Fire away greatwolf. :battingeyelashes:
Here's what I told Mag7:

The main site I use is JohnnyAppleCBD: they have 100% pure crystal at a good price and a crumble that works well in wax vaporizer, as well as other products. They run sales fairly regularly and you can sign up to be notified.

Phytodabs is also pretty good price wise as well as quality. They have more terpene based products trying to match the profiles of specific strains. I didn't notice a difference in effect but others do.

Hope others find this info useful. There are many good distributes of CBD products out there, but these are some of the best prices / quality that I've consistently found.

I should mention that my approach had always been reactive instead of proactive, hence my use of vaporizing CBD. From what I've learned on this site, I plan on trying to add proactive, thus well be making oil capsules myself soon. We all learn and share what we can.

Back too the darkside

Thank you greatwolf. :hug: When I get back from my walk I'll be certain to add that post into the study hall organization. It's important enough to be useful to those searching, and trying to find anything in this massive thread can be frustrating.

A personal note, as I prepare to leave the apartment and meet a friend: I had to change shirts three times because all my favorite ones have oil stains on the fronts. :laughtwo: Yes, I own 2 aprons, but I never seem to remember to pull one off the hook before I start straining. Lol!

The hulled ones are easier to eat, nice and soft. :cheesygrinsmiley: Very delicious too, with a nutty taste. I add mine to oatmeal, and sprinkle them on just about anything.

I can appreciate your reluctance to grow, but let me encourage you to keep an open mind. My first grow was in a tiny closet with autos and CFLs, and I pulled 4.5 ounces first time out of the gate. My results aren't typical, but they were possible because I was driven to grow something decent before my beloved finally died. I wanted him to go out in style, and he lived long enough to enjoy that initial harvest.

I'm 64, supported by Social Security and living in Section 8 housing.

Anything is possible Kelly. Try not to close any doors in your search. You don't have to go through them yet, but keep options open. Youre going to challenge us to think way outside the box. We do our best work under these conditions, so stick with us. Together we can find the sweet solution you seek. You wouldn't be here if we didn't have the answers. Sometimes we just have to wait patiently for the right one to present itself.

I have a thread on supporting the ECS without cannabis that may be helpful to you, if you haven't stumbled upon it already. Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

Thanks Sue.

Hi all, I'm new and from the UK. The following post I shared under Introduce Yourself. I thought I would share it here, in the hope someone can offer any advice.

When I was a teenager my arches in my feet fell/collapsed causing my knees and ankles to roll in or out. The heels of my feet are sore and tender too. I've been wearing arch supports ever since, I'm now 42 and without them I'm in excruciating pain. Also In my teenage years, I visited my doctor complaining about pain coming from my left ribcage. He examined me and found nothing and diagnosed it as muscle irritation, I visited my doctor a couple of times regarding this pain and again muscle irritation. I've also fractured a couple of fingers in my lifetime that has now caused arthritis and suffer from CTS in my left wrist. I always been in pain since my teenage years and have managed it with pain killers etc.
I had kidney failure 10 years ago due to Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) which was mis-diagnosed for 15 years. I was also diagnosed with Osteoporosis in 2015 as the doctors accidently found brittle vertebrae from an x-ray while looking for something else.
I used to smoke dope with friends when I was younger too and in my 20's. When I was stoned I started getting bad pain from the areas I've highlighted above. So I quit smoking it thinking that the cannabis caused the pain.
Anyway a friend gives me a Cannabis capsule and said it should help, I was reluctant to take due to my previous experiences. He's always known of my health issues. I took it home and hidden it away about a month ago. So Friday night I decided to take it.
Within 45 minutes I was in unbelievable pain, excruciating pain all the way down my left hand side, fingers, wrist, ribcage, left knee, ankle and heel. My right knee, ankle and heel also affected. The pain lasted for 4/5 hours, horrible night. Since then I still feel the pain, it's so uncomfortable. It has many times in the past faded away but never entirely. I've been able to manage it using pain killers and mind control. That too has its side effects.
I am now thinking that if cannabis does has curing properties in some or most cases, maybe in my case its making myself aware that I've sustained trauma to my body over the years and is releasing that trauma as pain?
I've seen my doctor many times about the pain.
Advice would be very grateful?

Suggest you try out a very low dose of thc with cbd at an equal or higher level.

It's important imo to track how much thc/cbd you are taking, how, and the effects on you.

It is possible for too high a dose of thc to make the pain worse.

Suggest you try out a very low dose of thc with cbd at an equal or higher level.

It's important imo to track how much thc/cbd you are taking, how, and the effects on you.

It is possible for too high a dose of thc to make the pain worse.
You might also try a low dose of cbd without thc to compare. Wait at last a couple of days between each test though.

Cheers from the darkside

While reading your post, WAMS, I was reminded of something I read some years ago. Because of the immediate and violent inflammation response that you got from the capsules, you just might have an allergy to certain "foods", or pesticides, or the carrier used in the capsule. Some growers are still using harmful pesticides and fungicides on their fruits, vegetables, and cannabis. These cause the same kind of inflammation/pain that comes on suddenly after ingestion or skin contact.

I am more aware of food allergies, being a senior citizen. Over the years the body cannot tolerate refined sugar, pesticides on produce, nuts, alcohol, eggs, etc. It might be worth getting the allergy test from an allergist. Obviously nothing else is working for you.

This sounds like a simple solution, but, barring the allergy test, you can go on a 12 hour fast, then add foodstuffs one at a time, till you get a reaction. If you DO have a reaction either immediately, or within a couple hours, then you can better identify what you cannot tolerate.

Getting back to cannabis: you need to acquire the herb that has not been treated with toxic chemicals. It's one of the reasons most of us grow our own, so we can control what goes into the soil and on the leaves as the plants mature. I'm talking going completely organic. The closer to the natural product you can get, the healthier you will be.

Back
Top Bottom