My friend's problem last year was that the cannabis was so much more effective that he didn't have any of the prescribed meds in his system when they tested. Those drugs exit the system in less time. Instead of being happy that a better management drug was available in a legal state, the doctor determined the patient was dealing drugs. At that point it became nasty and he began testing for cannabis and insisting there be no residue or no opioids would be prescribed. You can't simply stop taking these drugs. :straightface:

Problem was the opioids and the cannabis were working together when pain spiked. The doctor didn't care about that. So my friend would go off cannabis for a month ahead, take opioids for the two days before the visit and suffer during the time between.

It's a power play in too many cases that ignores established science.

How do we make the change in perception? Take the control back to the patient and listen to the science? They don't know about the ECS, and this makes all the difference in the conversation. But if you refuse to hear truth because it challenges your preconceived ideas, no progress can be made, and in this case people suffer needlessly.

There're too many people caught in this "pain management " madness. There has to be a way through this to relief.

Exactly-damned if you do...damned if you don't.
That's the insanity of getting stuck in the doc racket- after reading the GCMB regs stating that screening is only required every 3 months but having the clinic test EVERY time you walk in tells me they are after the money. I was amazed that my previous doc was paid over $600/month for a UA test but received $65 for the 5 minute flyby visit by my health insurance-made it VERY clear that patient care wasn't his priority. I'll find out in the AM what he's going to do but I think that I may have found a D.O. that might be more receptive.

Exactly-damned if you do...damned if you don't.
That's the insanity of getting stuck in the doc racket- after reading the GCMB regs stating that screening is only required every 3 months but having the clinic test EVERY time you walk in tells me they are after the money. I was amazed that my previous doc was paid over $600/month for a UA test but received $65 for the 5 minute flyby visit by my health insurance-made it VERY clear that patient care wasn't his priority. I'll find out in the AM what he's going to do but I think that I may have found a D.O. that might be more receptive.

Sending positive energy your way. You'll find a way through this mess. :hug: :love:

This was my concern. We don't want the lids to seal here. The contents will need strained. This step is simply to decarb the fresh buds.

So in my spirit of experimentation I filled three jars. One with 100g fresh bud and two with 60 grams dried leaf trim each. I put the rings on the jars snug but not tight to allow water and CO2 to escape the jars.

Placed 3qt water in the pressure canner and put the jars in. The water came up the bottom of the jars about 2". The jars were on a riser to keep them off the bottom of the canner.

At 15psi on the pressure gauge the rocker on the canner was moving pretty nice. I adjusted the stove to keep it rocking but not to go above 15psi which should put the temp at 250F. I started a 45 minute timer at this point for decarb giving a little extra time for the jars to heat up fully. When the timer went off I turned off the stove and walked away until it was cool. I removed the lid and all the jars were nice and sealed quickly. I left the jars on the counter to cool off.

I then broke the seal on the jars. The two jars filled with dry herb were still dry with no water collected at the bottom. The jar with the fresh bud decreased in volume. It had been buds up to the neck but was now about half filling the jar. The buds were still wet but much less moist than I expected. I blended these buds with 125ml of oil and put it back into the jar. It will be in the boiling water bath for 1 hour. I figure that will give enough time for the remaining water to escape and for the cannabinoids and terps to diffuse to the oil.
The dry four ounces of trim I added to the MBM and put it on butter cycle with 3 cups of coconut oil plus 3tbs sunflower lecithin.
420-magazine-mobile1587411231.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1462812182.jpg
420-magazine-mobile224433453.jpg
420-magazine-mobile144991830.jpg

Shiggity, You know I love you, right? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you. I have a pressure cooker I can use on the stove, but I don't know how to work it yet. I can't do loose material in it because it's aluminum, but I can put jars of bud in them like you did.

Well done, honored lab rat. Well done. :bravo:

Snug, but not tight. Good work. How long total time with the heat on, by your estimate, heating time + pressure time?

Shiggity, You know I love you, right? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you. I have a pressure cooker I can use on the stove, but I don't know how to work it yet. I can't do loose material in it because it's aluminum, but I can put jars of bud in them like you did.

Well done, honored lab rat. Well done. :bravo:

Snug, but not tight. Good work. How long total time with the heat on, by your estimate, heating time + pressure time?

Well for me the canner took about 15 minutes to pressure up to 15psi and about the same to pressure down. I did 45 min pressure time at 15psi which is a bit long (30 needed), but I wanted to give time for the environment inside the jars to equilibrate with the environment in the pressure cooker.

So after the mbm the oil produced was very dark for the dry trim. I have big hopes for strength because of the 4oz dry trim to 3 cups coconut oil ratio.
420-magazine-mobile1438059601.jpg

The fresh harvest oil came out much darker this time as well. I got back 90ish ml from 125 initial. I didn't do any extra recovery from the fresh bud mass besides squeezing so I think that yield will be just fine. You can see the water layer under here before I removed the water with a pipette from the bottom. After water removal I added half a tablespoon of lecithin and shook like crazy. It's in the fridge now.

420-magazine-mobile47329217.jpg

Oh, I'm getting excited Shiggity. :laughtwo: My next harvest is just two weeks out. :yahoo:

Ok reporting back. I had four of the caps from the dry trim in the mbm. I am leaving the fresh harvest oil for tomorrow.
The decarb must have worked because I am incapacitated. Two size 0 caps would have been plenty. I went on a rocket ship to the stars. It was super intense. I am just coming down off peak and able to function. I guess I won't have four again.

But this isn't the fresh harvest oil. I am assuming that will work as well. The decarb should work because it worked for the dry trim. I will just take two tomorrow lol.

Ok reporting back. I had four of the caps from the dry trim in the mbm. I am leaving the fresh harvest oil for tomorrow.
The decarb must have worked because I am incapacitated. Two size 0 caps would have been plenty. I went on a rocket ship to the stars. It was super intense. I am just coming down off peak and able to function. I guess I won't have four again.

But this isn't the fresh harvest oil. I am assuming that will work as well. The decarb should work because it worked for the dry trim. I will just take two tomorrow lol.

Hahaha! I get that effect with two capsules of the fresh harvest oil Shiggity. I promised myself I'd not do that again. lol! I kept getting lost in small details walking to the grocery store. :laughtwo:

I knew it'd decarb. Simple physics. Put it under enough pressure for long enough and the CO2 is forced out by the heat.

Shiggity, once you test the fresh harvest oil will you be leaving a report on the thread dedicated to it? If you don't have time I can pull one together from your posts here. You know how much I love doing that kind of stuff, so don't hesitate to say ok. I know you're a busy man. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I don't want to suggest that all discussion go on over at that thread. I'm easy and adaptable, and I'll see to it that the thread is kept current.

I will totally post in there or in the event that I forget... hahahaha. Still crushed right now.

CCO Scientific Study.................ShiggityFlip?......How many fingers am I holding up? :thedoubletake::smokin:

I'm here to help Sue :love:
:cco:

I will totally post in there or in the event that I forget... hahahaha. Still crushed right now.

:laughtwo: I'll be interested in your contrast of the two oils. I find the harvest oil to be a different high. More..... What's the word I'm searching for?......cleaner, more organic in a way, like it's better tuned into who I am, if that makes any sense.

New Thread Alert!

I've started a thread on the Low and Slow drying technique. Please join us in getting this process nailed down. Think of the potent oils we can make. Think of the best buds you ever smoked. That's what you'll end up with. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Hey Shig, the answer is all of them! :)

Speaking of which, I thought the capsule I took tonight was a bust. was gonna holy couchlock nugman! I've been staring at oil emoji smiling for a while. Reeling it back in. Capsule was part water (finished separating tonight, did a test of the dregs), maybe half. So half a capsule. I was feeling nothing and about to go get a different capsule to sleep and wham!

This is a totally different high that any I've had with BCS. Not so much stronger as enhanced flavor. I could taste the terpenes when I swallowed it. Now I can feel them doing their little extras, feeling it all through body, all flowing together, never just one feeling, noticing the combinations, and about to wax into another cliche. It's a cliche kind of high. Cue the sitar, have him play REM, wow I can understand the lyrics, that kind of cliche high. I'd like to get high just on terpenes. Mind racing, going to go catch up to it.
:Namaste:

Hey Shig, the answer is all of them! :)

Speaking of which, I thought the capsule I took tonight was a bust. was gonna holy couchlock nugman! I've been staring at oil emoji smiling for a while. Reeling it back in. Capsule was part water (finished separating tonight, did a test of the dregs), maybe half. So half a capsule. I was feeling nothing and about to go get a different capsule to sleep and wham!

This is a totally different high that any I've had with BCS. Not so much stronger as enhanced flavor. I could taste the terpenes when I swallowed it. Now I can feel them doing their little extras, feeling it all through body, all flowing together, never just one feeling, noticing the combinations, and about to wax into another cliche. It's a cliche kind of high. Cue the sitar, have him play REM, wow I can understand the lyrics, that kind of cliche high. I'd like to get high just on terpenes. Mind racing, going to go catch up to it.
:Namaste:

See??? I wasn't dreaming this! :yahoo: It's a totally different high, and it's become my favorite. I want to describe it as more "real." Does that make sense to you KR? Like this is what it's supposed to feel like, and my body knows it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok I just took the two capsules (size single 0) about ten minutes ago of the fresh harvest oil I made yesterday . I can feel it coming on. If I was to be fair to yesterday's experience I would have four but I don't think that would be wise! So let's see what's up with some properly decarbed fresh harvest oil! I am excited about using the pressure canner for decarbing fresh or dried bud. The smell was minimal (until I opened the pressure cooker lol).

The fact that the dry trim stayed dry showed me that any movement of contents under pressure was from inside the jar outward. That's pretty cool. I am glad I included the dry trim because I wouldn't have been able to know that from just decarbing fresh bud. I have been using the olive oil and coconut oil I did not properly decarb as medicine for my pup that has allergies and skin issues. For some reason he has always loved eating pills so it's not too hard to dose him. Sometimes he spits one out but then he licks it all off the floor. I have noticed his ears are a bit less red this week. I hope this will finally be some help for him.

I found a video confirming the use of pressure cookers for dry bud decarb. She uses a metal cvault to contain the bud but the principles are the same with quart canning jars.
[video=youtube_share;YIQX_AckxpM]
[/video]

Have fun Shiggity. :laughtwo:

Just a little news flash about how we used CCO just now.

A few minutes ago, my wife rapped her wrist against a piece of furniture and it gave her a lot of pain!

I dabbed a tiny dot of CCO on the sore spot, and she added a dab of her favourite skin creme...

By the time she was starting to add the skin creme, the pain was already receding. The CCO I put on first was absorbing quickly and efficiently. We wrapped her wrist in Saran wrap.

Now, 20 minutes later she says, it feels like she never banged her wrist... no pain at all.

What an amazing plant.

Back
Top Bottom